[3.8] Lightning Scourge Deadeye - [Scourge/Lightning Arrow] [All Content] [1M+ DPS] [5.6K+ Life]

"
Hitting a wall with this build - can the Uber Elder killers give me some advice? Are you able to consistently do T16 maps deathless? Also would appreciate your opinions on how to best use 5L Lightning Arrow, since I'm currently not using it and not sure if I should invest in it. Survivability is an absolutely huge problem for me.

I'm currently on T15 maps with ~5.5k EHP. I'm being consistently one-shot in anything T15+. Betrayal and memory fragments are a huge pain. Last League I farmed Shaper and killed Uber Elder a few times with only 1 death using Arc and HoA builds, so I'm not new to these fights.

Admittedly, I can easily improve the following:
-I can squeeze out an additional +60 maximum life from abyss jewel upgrades, I've been lazy about it since abyss jewels don't seem to be dropping price.
-I also need a real CWDT/IC setup, but I'm dying literally 3x+ per T15 map, my problems are much worse than that.
-5L my Tempest for Lightning Arrow (but does it really help that much? I see it as bonus QoL for shooting through doorways and other places Scourge feels terrible. Is it good for boss damage? I lose a lot of SA damage in, say, syndicate forts where pods can't drop)
-Cheap DPS boosts with better stats on jewelry and jewels aren't too hard and will help mapping a lot. Secondary to my survivability concerns since I'm already pushing 1mil DPS in PoB and doing decent damage to bosses.

Even with those changes, I'm not sure if this build is capable of deathless T16 runs? Am I playing it completely wrong by ignoring Lightning Arrow? Thoughts? Anything I'm not seeing?

PS: I want to add that this is an amazing build. Minus the shroud, I probably spent less than 25c on my items and I absolutely flew through the Atlas up to T14.

1- You need Chemist's Silver Flask of Reflexes...it helps a bit.

2- Lightning Arrow one shots mobs without channeling which keeps you on the move 24/7 which in turn helps mitigate a lot of your deaths.

3- when you link your tempest and use lightning arrow for mobs...always keep moving with phase + quicksilver flask.

4- if your still having trouble...get more flat life on your gear and or pick up phase acrobatics on your passive tree.
Last edited by wezdocking on Apr 3, 2019, 12:10:34 AM
I second the last comment, the build was actually quite fun and cheap for a league starter... but I cannot progress with it further.

It is way too squishy to get anywhere consistently. It's fast and has good damage but sadly turns out its not the build for me. Guess learned my lesson that I need to play a tanky build to enjoy the game.

Props to people that can make it work, getting random one shots every few maps ruins all the fun and progress for me.
I just got this game and ilove it!! And I started with the ranger and I love it more!! I just got to level 48 and I love lightning so my build is around lightning but not this organized and profound.. can you help me out with what gear I need and skills to obtain this lightning scourge very please!!! I want to be the best ranger out of my friends and kick ass..thanks!!
These videos showcase the version 2 (v2) of the build.

T15 Shaped Moon Temple Run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZs7kadhwQ8&t=54s

Pure Chayula Run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OV3PI0Ya8s
"
wezdocking wrote:

Pure Chayula Run:

thx for upload man. Can you record some delve 250+ video with this build? Im attempt to do my six-link recipe with this build (rn 1 version).
"
Mach1ne_id wrote:
"
wezdocking wrote:

Pure Chayula Run:

thx for upload man. Can you record some delve 250+ video with this build? Im attempt to do my six-link recipe with this build (rn 1 version).

Yeah sure. I'll record a video next time I delve.

omar mohamed
1 second ago
im a new poe player and i was wondering which should i go for on early levels ? lighting or scourge cuz i have only tabula with 6link for gems from another character and i really like this one and don't know how to start since u didn't post a leveling guide
"
Darkeayras wrote:
I second the last comment, the build was actually quite fun and cheap for a league starter... but I cannot progress with it further.

It is way too squishy to get anywhere consistently. It's fast and has good damage but sadly turns out its not the build for me. Guess learned my lesson that I need to play a tanky build to enjoy the game.

Props to people that can make it work, getting random one shots every few maps ruins all the fun and progress for me.

I have to also bump this comment.

I've tried playing with the build in various ways. Blink arrow for survivability, IR, IR+Acro, specing full acro/phase acro for the dodge chance, 6L loreweave, shroud of the lightless and even the perfect form 6l with malachai's artifice for eva stacking. Even when I pulled several dps nodes for life, peaking at around 7.3k HP.

I get one shot by pretty much any guardian if they hit (Which they almost inevitably do at some point. Pheonix channeling in the center of the platform, Chimera invul phases, Mino rocks). I can kill the guardians in like 60 seconds if they don't hit, but even popping Grace, full defensive flasks (Jade, Granite and Stib), and not tanking mechanics, I still die frequently during guardians.

There's a couple things I haven't tried yet this league. I'm interested in trying double dodge grace + wrath mod watcher's eye along with a grace aul, but I don't see it beating the inherent problem that no matter what you do with this build it dies as soon as anything touches it later in the game.

It can clear everything in the game, but it's heavily RNG. You should expect to die, a lot, with this build. Hopefully the next league with the changes to make "Melee more viable" brings some help to life builds like this. Particularly ones without constant access to end charge duration and the ability to spec 6-8 of those nodes.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Apr 12, 2019, 9:29:49 PM
I can totally relate to what other people are posting about survivability. While i really like how fast the build plays i'm dying way to often while mapping. I'm currently at LVL 90 and since i got some currency in Standard i decided to pick up this character again and maybe grind to lvl 100. My conclusion is that this is definetly not the best build to do it. Don't get me wrong, i'd really like to keep playing this build since i even managed to 6-link my Tempest yesterday and i enjoy the playstyle. It's a huge setback, but switching Inpulsa's for Queen of the Forest made quite a difference for me.
Last edited by Peyre on May 19, 2019, 1:32:09 PM
You should never have "is the enemy shocked?" checked in PoB. In order to get the minimum shock value, you need 200k~ damage PER HIT against shaper. Minimum shock being a 1% increase value which is negligible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info