Skill Rework - Ice Nova and Vortex

These reworks are serious salt in the wound after the last 2 years of AoE being nerfed to hell.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
cooldown
DansGame
Just Curious.
You spell that this was a cold spell re-work. And when you say "Spell", I'm assuming that this is going to not include Glacial Hammer or Frost Blades, as they are not spells, by definition?
"
Axtobrak wrote:
I still don't understand if Kijostyle420 approve this rework or not

No. I don't. Only these changes to Vortex sound reasonable:

1) frostbolts detonating automatically w/o further interaction
2) increased damage during self cast'

4 people had better ideas than GGG in this thread alone.

Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 11:52:42 AM
Time for Poets Pen Frostbolt Vortex Ice nova
What gives buddeh?!
"
Both ice nova and vortex sounds like a forced interaction just like ED + contagion has.

"Forced interaction" wtf does that even mean .... Oh noes, skills with some sort of synergy where you hit more than 1 button ... the absolute horror !
"
dyneol wrote:
"
Both ice nova and vortex sounds like a forced interaction just like ED + contagion has.

"Forced interaction" wtf does that even mean .... Oh noes, skills with some sort of synergy where you hit more than 1 button ... the absolute horror !

You are right. It is not ideal to click then wait and click again.
This is why I support frostbolts detonating automatically. But the delay between each frostbolt's detonation should not exist.

Right now with my build, you barely feel the clunkyness of having to click twice. 1) You need to wait a second for the bolts to travel. 2) You need to detonate frostbolts into Vortex, because that is where the DPS is and why the ailments spread making it seem like it has better AoE.

If you watch this part of the video, you can see it is not the worst thing in the world. I have seen RF builds that walk as if they have negative speed.
https://youtu.be/qH1Ol4pOz9g?t=77

Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 12:22:51 PM
has anyone ever tried melee CoC frostbolt/ice-nova? if you don't need to target any more, the new interaction might make it work, if you crit reliably enough. A Threshold gem for 2 additional frostbolts, slower projectiles and then you get 2 overlapping novas from the next crit. I just hope it would always pick the closest projectile. not sure what the triggering attack should be, though. Or any interaction with melee weapons/uniques that might help.

just a shame that spell-echo still won't work. And a shame they removed the cast-on-frostbolt interaction. I would have enjoyed that.
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
has anyone ever tried melee CoC frostbolt/ice-nova? if you don't need to target any more, the new interaction might make it work, if you crit reliably enough. A Threshold gem for 2 additional frostbolts, slower projectiles and then you get 2 overlapping novas from the next crit. I just hope it would always pick the closest projectile. not sure what the triggering attack should be, though. Or any interaction with melee weapons/uniques that might help.

just a shame that spell-echo still won't work. And a shame they removed the cast-on-frostbolt interaction. I would have enjoyed that.

You can't trigger it that way. Same with poet's pen.

You have to cast both spells consecutively as it is now.

I use spell echo with both Frostbolt + Vortex.
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 12:28:49 PM
"
Kijostyle420 wrote:

You can't trigger it that way. Same with poet's pen.

You have to cast both spells consecutively as it is now.

We do not have the exact wording yet. But previously it said "If the caster targets near one of their frostbolt projectiles". The "targeting" part is now gone, as the new version of ice nova does not target any more!

Trigger behavior is unclear.

//edit also unclear: the description ehre says "it'll cast again on two additional Frostbolts" so one cast is now three ice novas? i do not see a nova centered at the caster on the picture.
Last edited by UlfgardLeo on Oct 30, 2018, 12:35:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info