{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

@ YYakovliev:
"
YYakovliev wrote:
Does anyone tried to do Hall of Grandmasters? My spectres (lvl 84) and all the other minions are dying instantly and I am only left with the Agony Crawler which is not enough.

Any advice what to change to complete the bonus atlas for this map? Thank you.

Hall of the Grandmasters is not a map designed to be fair. The exact opposite, in fact. These Grandmaster Rogue Exiles are outfitted with top-level player gear, having been designed by players, and they exploit every broken mechanic imaginable. Not only their gear, but their skills and skill effects are legacy versions. Which means all past OP interactions, like Lightning Arrow triggering off of Frost Walls, is preserved and working for the Grandmasters.

You need to be able to deal damage without hitting, or you'll never be able to kill the immortal ones that gain recovery from hits. You need to be able to off-screen, or you'll be off-screened because the burst damage can be insane.

You want:
  • 1. Frost Bomb, to cut down regen tanks.
  • 2. Block Chance Reduction Support, to counter block tanks.
  • 3. Balefire, supported with Spell Totem + Multiple Totems + Burning Damage Support, to counter on-hit tanks. Tukohama Vanguards might be good, but there's a risk of them dying.
  • 4. Frost Wall + Spell Cascade, to block most projectiles and melee attackers.
  • 5. Summon Raging Spirits. They can't be directly targeted, but will be hit by projectiles and AOE, so you want to hide. Phase Run, maybe? Spell Totem would give you added range. Arakaali's Fang is only ~25c now, so spiders might work, too.
  • 6. If all else fails, a spell to blindly off-screen. Increases to Minion Damage affect us, so we have some options. Arc Traps, Volatile Dead, Frostbolt, Fireball. We don't have crit or gear supporting our damage, so there's something to be desired here.
Last edited by Hercanic on Apr 5, 2019, 5:38:29 AM
"
YYakovliev wrote:
Any advice what to change to complete the bonus atlas for [Hall of Grandmasters]? Thank you.

Change your mind about completing it with a Summoner build. Instead, lurk on /global 820 and find someone advertising a carry. Reputable ones will link to their forum post.
Thanks guys, I thought they made spectres level to what ever zone you are in when they made the change to logging off. I am assuming that is my major issue with my build. Thanks guys!
My Raise Spectre and Desecrate gems have just hit level 20/0. I currently have a level 81 and a level 70something Frost Sentinel, as one of my two 81's died to Atziri some time ago. Do the level of these gems affect spectre level maintenance, or only raising them? In other words, would the following work?

First, do an Oba's map (I know I can do it within the time limit), get two level 84 Frost Sentinels.

Then, in town, do the 20/0 -> 1/20 vendor trade, put the gem back in. Go anywhere else.

Obviously, a level 1 Raise Spectre gem can't raise level 84 spectres, but if I already have them, would they stay there until I re-level the gem? Or do their levels adjust to the maximum allowed by my current one? (…maybe I should have thought about this at the beginning, in case I needed to level another RS gem in my secondary weapon set.)

This is unrelated, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. A Cybil's Paw has "+(5-8) Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Spells", and serves me well as a poor man's shaper ring until I get to the point of acquiring a proper weapon or a proper shaper ring.
Last edited by Mirnaia on Apr 7, 2019, 6:24:48 AM
Hey
im playing ur build this season and it is amazing, really fun to play. I just have a problem with resevered mana. My Herald of agony is reserving 69% mana and my hatred 50%. do i need to have both up at the same time?
ty =)
"
Chocto wrote:
Hey
im playing ur build this season and it is amazing, really fun to play. I just have a problem with resevered mana. My Herald of agony is reserving 69% mana and my hatred 50%. do i need to have both up at the same time?
ty =)

I cant see your gear, but I assume you have linked HoAG to many support skills, or you have a weapon with too many support skills affixes.

I consider removing some of them, or changing weapon if that is the case, cause, yes, you need both of them active. I dont think looking for -% mana reserved nodes in tree is optimal.

Just my opinion.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 7, 2019, 11:21:58 AM
"
Valmar wrote:
"
Chocto wrote:
Hey
ty =)

I cant see your gear, but I assume you have linked HoAG to many support skills, or you have a weapon with too many support skills affixes.

I consider removing some of them, or changing weapon if that is the case, cause, yes, you need both of them active. I dont think looking for -% mana reserved nodes in tree is optimal.

Just my opinion.

ugh, thats the key, thank you.
So i can just stay with max 2 support skills for HoAG? Thats unfortunate, cause i just bought my weapong for 6 ex and i dont think i will sell it so far :S
"
Chocto wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:
"
Chocto wrote:
Hey
ty =)

Just my opinion.

So i can just stay with max 2 support skills for HoAG? Thats unfortunate, cause i just bought my weapong for 6 ex and i dont think i will sell it so far :S

Maybe wait until the author read this and who knows if he comes up with a different solution.

The guide says something like +maim and +added fire damage (plus the empower). I guess more supports mean you dont have the mana for that. But who knows. Link the weapon, maybe its so good that you can even remove Hatred and the dps is fine.

I recommend to link it and wait for the author to say something before selling it on the cheap!

IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 7, 2019, 12:07:54 PM
"

Maybe wait until the author read this and who knows if he comes up with a different solution.

The guide says something like +maim and +added fire damage (plus the empower). I guess more supports mean you dont have the mana for that. But who knows. Link the weapon, maybe its so good that you can even remove Hatred and the dps is fine.

I recommend to link it and wait for the author to say something before selling it on the cheap!

Actually i just sold the weapon for 9ex and made profit :S i was a bit unpatient. i will wait for the author now. ^^
Cant link it anymore but it was like:

+1 level socketed gems
socketed gems are supported by maim, added fire, atkspd, critical
100%+ physical dmg
15% maim
elemental dmg to attacks
atkspd

not 100% sure
Last edited by Chocto on Apr 7, 2019, 1:49:32 PM
@ Mirnaia:
"
Mirnaia wrote:
My Raise Spectre and Desecrate gems have just hit level 20/0. I currently have a level 81 and a level 70something Frost Sentinel, as one of my two 81's died to Atziri some time ago. Do the level of these gems affect spectre level maintenance, or only raising them? In other words, would the following work?

First, do an Oba's map (I know I can do it within the time limit), get two level 84 Frost Sentinels.

Then, in town, do the 20/0 -> 1/20 vendor trade, put the gem back in. Go anywhere else.

Obviously, a level 1 Raise Spectre gem can't raise level 84 spectres, but if I already have them, would they stay there until I re-level the gem? Or do their levels adjust to the maximum allowed by my current one? (…maybe I should have thought about this at the beginning, in case I needed to level another RS gem in my secondary weapon set.)

This is unrelated, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. A Cybil's Paw has "+(5-8) Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Spells", and serves me well as a poor man's shaper ring until I get to the point of acquiring a proper weapon or a proper shaper ring.

That's a good question, which I haven't tested but always just assumed the worst. I usually buy a L1/Q20 Raise Spectre, since they're often very cheap, and level it in my offhand until it catches up in level with the one I got while leveling.

To properly test, I would:

• 1. Raise a high level spectre from Delve 270+
  • 2. Take it to to Act 6 Twilight Strand, since Zombies are slow and controlled.
  • 3. Check the Spectre's unsupported damage output against zombies to establish baseline.
  • 4. Gem swap a level 1 Raise Spectre. Did I lose my Spectre? If so, repeat steps 1 and 2, and next time gem swap in town.
  • 5. Recheck damage output. Did it change? If the damage dropped to nothing, we have our answer.
  • 6. If gem swapping worked in zone, try going to another zone. This will make sure snapshotting isn't at play.
  • 7. Finally, swap back to the high level gem. Has the damage output been restored?

@ Chocto:
Earlier conversation
"
Chocto wrote:
Hey
ty =)
"
Valmar wrote:

Just my opinion.
"
Chocto wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:

"
Chocto wrote:
Actually i just sold the weapon for 9ex and made profit :S i was a bit unpatient. i will wait for the author now. ^^
Cant link it anymore but it was like:

+1 level socketed gems
socketed gems are supported by maim, added fire, atkspd, critical
100%+ physical dmg
15% maim
elemental dmg to attacks
atkspd

not 100% sure

115% (1.15) = Maim
120% (1.20) = Added Fire Damage
125% (1.25) = Empower

25 (Herald of Agony) * 1.15 (Maim) * 1.20 (Added Fire) * 1.25 (Empower)
= 43.125% reserved mana.

115% (1.15) = Faster Attacks
115% (1.15) = Increased Critical Strikes

43.125 * 1.15 * 1.15
= 57% reserved mana

140% (1.40) = Elemental Damage with Attacks

= 79.8% reserved mana

If you dropped Empower, it'd be 63.9% reserved mana.

To have had 69% reserved mana, you would have had to be missing one of those 115% supports (79.8 / 1.15 = 69.4).

There were a few ways you could have made it work:

• 1. Circle of Nostalgia with 30-40% mana reservation for Agony. 30% would have brought your 69% reservation down to 48.6% (not enough to cast, though, so you'd need to invest some passive points into reduced reservation). 40% would give you a much more manageable 41.4% mana reservation, or 8% to cast from (I have 7%). But you'd lose either Mark of Submission or the Holy Relic with an unset LGoH for Spells ring.

• 2. Aul's Uprising with the mod that makes Hatred reserve no mana. Expensive.

• 3. Labyrinth Helmet Enchantment that reduces the reservation of Herald of Agony (20-30%). The one for Hatred (10-15%) would be too weak for you. 30% for Agony would work but wouldn't be enough to cast, so you'd need to invest passive points.

So you would have wanted either the Aul's Uprising or 40% Nostalgia ring.

As for turning off Hatred, that's like dropping an entire support gem (~46%-63% more damage, or a ~third of our total DPS) from all your minions. Phantasms would lose their ability to freeze as well.

As for turning off Agony, that's dropping ~700K-1.3M DPS.
Last edited by Hercanic on Apr 8, 2019, 3:21:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info