{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
To get the necessary elder influenced maps it seems that I have to continue to defeat the maps that are on the end of the elder area and then the elder area expands. Those seem to be Shaper influenced maps. So I typically have to do a map and beat it, then do it again once the Elder influence has moved in to beat it again. I continue to repeat that as the blob of Elder influence expands. Am I doing this correctly?

Yeah, Shaper and Elder are at war on the Atlas. When you defeat an adjacent map, the other faction takes over influence.

"
Next, I read that you could increase the map level by 5 using the Zana mods for this but it doesn't work for me. I raised an elder influenced lvl 2 map to lvl 7 twice and it didn't give me the quest either time. I don't know if that is something that use to work and now doesn't or if I am just doing it wrong.

From the map device, you can "shape" a map to have +5 levels. However, this does not affect the map permanetly. You get shaper orbs to apply to your Atlas for this from the Zana questline, look at your quest log to see what you need to do. You need to defeat maps of the correct tier to complete the question, and they need to have Elder influence.

"
Next, when I go to the market to purchase maps I notice that people have maps for sale that are +5 level greater then what they are on my map. Meaning a lvl 2 map might be lvl 7 for sale. How do they get that map in their stash? Whenever I upgrade my maps through Zana she instantly opens the maps. I don't know how one has Zana upgrade the map 5 levels and then pull the map back into the stash. I think I am missing something here.

They used Shaper orbs from Zana questline on these maps in the Atlas. See my explanation above.

"
Next - I am at 4.5K health with this build. From everything I have read I am going to hit a wall where I can't go further as that won't be enough HPs to complete the game. As I am an Xbox player I am not sure what I can do about that yet. I have over 3 Exalted Orbs of wealth but trying to get gear that has the Shaper mods we need, plus resistance plus HPs is nearly impossible.

Trade or craft gear with life, get Abyss Jewels with flat life. See the build guide here for what to look for. On PC at least, it's best to trade. I doubt trading is as good on Xbox. I think if you want to play POE at a high level, you should get a PC :)

"

Last - I have decided to use a socketed amulet with resistances because I feel exposed without the convocation skill. I simply LOVE the ability to bring the army to me as I pass into new rooms and zoom ahead. I really don't understand how you can play this summoner build without that ability.

Minions do teleport to you after you move a certain range. I use charged dash and a quicksilver and phasing flask to move through mobs, your minions should teleport to you. For enclosed maps with doorways, you can link convocation to level 1 cast when damage taken, replacing spirit offering that the guide creator recommends. I recommend this for newer players. Feel free to use your amulet like you're doing though, nothing wrong with this.

"
Next, when I go to the market to purchase maps I notice that people have maps for sale that are +5 level greater then what they are on my map. Meaning a lvl 2 map might be lvl 7 for sale. How do they get that map in their stash? Whenever I upgrade my maps through Zana she instantly opens the maps. I don't know how one has Zana upgrade the map 5 levels and then pull the map back into the stash. I think I am missing something here.

"
They used Shaper orbs from Zana questline on these maps in the Atlas. See my explanation above.

So I put a +5 Orb on a map location and then ANY time that map drops from that point on it will be +5 levels on the map itself? So if I put on on Volcano for example that is a T6 on the Atlas, it will drop as a T11 in the game for me?

Thanks

Another question: I am holding off putting my Orbs down that give +5 to level of map. Once I put them down can I pick them back up if I want a different map or is it fixed forever?

Do the people who run this build have a particular list of maps that they prefer to put the +5 levels on because this build is suited for the map? That would be appreciated if there is a list from T1 through T10 on what you all upgrade.

Thanks!
Ok I think I've made at least a little progress in my research for mastercrafting the claw, but there's still conflict it seems.

In the link you mentioned for method to mastercraft at https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crafting#.2B3_to_Level_Weapon_Crafting
it seems you are referring to the regal version?

Ok, so if so.. you scour a shaper claw. No Affixes.
1. You craft a prefix on it. Doesn't matter which since crafts will be removed.
2. You regal until you get maim. If you don't scour and start over.
3. When you get maim, you craft can have multiple crafted mods, maximum mana, cannot roll attack mods. (Don't need no caster mods because it doesn't have any possible)
4. This seems to be the issue. This is where you would exalt it according tot hat guide to get a "guaranteed" +1 socketed gems. However according to PoEDB, a shaper's claw has "gain #% of physical damage as extra cold/lightning damage" as potential prefix mods other than + to socketed gems since they do not have the "attack" tag.
That means you would have to spend 4 ex for a 1/3 chance at getting +1 to socketed gems. Plus all the regals and scours.

I must have something wrong somewhere.. but nothing I've come up with seems like it can guarantee the mods you want after spending multiple ex. Am I mistaken?
Plz help! It's like the last item I need to get all my BIS items! :( I would appreciate sooo much if I could get a walkthrough on the best way to crafting the claw since I have never really crafted before.
"
KeyserSoze15 wrote:
Once I put them down can I pick them back up if I want a different map

It's expensive: 20 chisels and 5 regrets. See https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unshaping_Orb

"
Do the people who run this build have a particular list of maps that they prefer to put the +5 levels on because this build is suited for the map?

This build favors open areas because of our high clear speed. So pick whichever maps you have the most fun doing.

To see what other people want to pay for, see https://poe.ninja/challenge/maps?name=shaped
Can this build reliably kill uber elder?
Hey Hercanic,

Love the guide. It is the only reason I play this game.

I have one question -- the guide calls for a weapon that has "life gained for each enemy hit by attacks"

Do these attacks include attacks done by our minions? If not, wouldn't we want one that has "life gained for each enemy hit by your spells"? My understanding is that attacks and spells are different. And, afaik, our only offensive move is lightning bolt which is a spell.

Thanks!
"
poe71426 wrote:
Hey Hercanic,

Love the guide. It is the only reason I play this game.

I have one question -- the guide calls for a weapon that has "life gained for each enemy hit by attacks"

Do these attacks include attacks done by our minions? If not, wouldn't we want one that has "life gained for each enemy hit by your spells"? My understanding is that attacks and spells are different. And, afaik, our only offensive move is lightning bolt which is a spell.

Thanks!

Charged dash is an attack. It's what will make things bleed (assuming you have socketed gems are supported by bleed on gear it's on) and proc life gained on atk each time it hits.
And no, hits by minions don't count.
Last edited by Viktorious1 on Feb 1, 2019, 11:00:20 PM
Hey Hercanic, also I got this:

Someone had it up for 8c so thought what the hell.. 1/4 chance if I use an annul for it to take off a mod that added cold damage and it worked!
Thought in the meantime while figuring out how to craft the claw I would use it and do multicraft mod on it then add 2. I am wondering which 2 crafted mods would be best? The 2 minion ones or one of the minion ones and +2 to support gems? And if so, which minion mod?
Hopefully you will know since you have done more testing with dps and value than me!
"
faraazahmed wrote:
Can this build reliably kill uber elder?

I tried, multiple times, and failed. I had farily good gear and 8.5k HP. After some tries (over 10 fragment sets) I got tired and easly killed uber elder with my version of HoAg for around 150c (including some regrets for respec).

This is the first season I try uber elder and I had no idea how the fight was before this. Most likely I failed all those sets because I'm just bad. I noticed the more aggressive I was the better the fight went. But in the end I couldn't do it with this build. Again, I'm just bad. I felt I had little control over the adds, meaning the area would be almost full of aoe degen at phase 6 to 8. I got as far as both elder and shaper with less than 25% hp, but only one time. With some more practice maybe I could do it. Goodluck if you try tho!

Oh, one problem I noticed and didn't found a solution for, even with 8,5k HP and fortify, getting hit meant almost 90% of the times getting stunned and therefore taking the next hit resulting in death. I tried removing acrobatics to increase my armour and equip a nice armour and hp shield but didn't change much.
Last edited by AliveFD on Feb 4, 2019, 10:37:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info