{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
mtwilliams717 wrote:
Tried Uber elder 4 times and failed :(. I think it’s more my slow reaction time than the build itself though :(

Where's your life on hit? Unless you swapped rings when I look at your items, you are missing life on hit with spells. Huge help sustaining damage taken imo
Hey there! I think it's definitely time I switch weapons, but unfortunately haven't seen a +1, added fire, maim weapon listed all league. Only ones that added fire or cold which would mess up EE. Have even had auto search going almost 24/7.

This is what I've been using all this time.

So I think I'll give crafting one a try, but have never really done it, so was looking for some tips.

First, would you suggest the fossil method or metacraft method?

And second if I went the metacrafting method which it sounds like you prefer - is this how I would do it?

I have this claw for crafting (shaper ilvl 86)-

First, I scour it.

Next I transmute and use alterations until I get maim.

Next I craft cannot roll attack mods.

Next I use exalted orb on it which will give guarenteed +1 socketed gems.

Next I craft can have multiple crafted mods.. then put on +2 to support gems, minion damage/life, and minion atk/cast speed.

Does that seem right? I know I didn't mention a regal orb anywhere, but not sure when or how to use it since any mod it added would be one I don't want since I only get the ones I want from exalted orb +1 to gems and crafting mods.

Sry this is so long, but I'm so lost as a noob crafter. Thanks so much for your help in advance!

I beat Shaper fairly easily (first time ever actually, I've never had the time before) on my first try with this gear and build. I did swap out offering for immortal call (offering is useless on bosses), so that's a tip. Would've been awesome if you could get endurance charges somehow. Only skeletons and spectres were alive during the fight (few seconds of Agony crawler every now and then).

The gear isn't great and I have 4 ex laying around in the bank that I could've spent on improvements before the Shaper fight, but I just wanted to show that even with mediocre gear it's a good build. I do recommend that you don't get a weapon like mine though, it has good mods but that strength requirement is way too high (I had to put a point in a +30 passive skill, and put str craft on my helmet).
Last edited by tapper101 on Jan 23, 2019, 3:29:57 AM
Quick question on the weapon and links for the zombies and herald:

Is it better to have +1 Gems and Maim or +1 Gems and +2 Chaos Gems?

Here is what I'm using now, should I get a weapon with Maim instead of +2 Chaos Gems or +1 Gems?

Last edited by Gravity8595 on Jan 23, 2019, 10:25:11 AM
"
Gravity8595 wrote:

I think the more multiplier on maim will make it a better option. Didn't do any math yet! But you should try to look it up on PoB
"
Viktorious1 wrote:

First, I scour it.

Next I craft can have multiple crafted mods.. then put on +2 to support gems, minion damage/life, and minion atk/cast speed.

Does that seem right? I know I didn't mention a regal orb anywhere, but not sure when or how to use it since any mod it added would be one I don't want since I only get the ones I want from exalted orb +1 to gems and crafting mods.

Looking at doing this myself, but wouldn't you have to block the non-attack mods (mana, dex, int, str) before you exalt it to guarantee the +1 gems? If you don't, then wouldn't it be a 20% to get the mod you want?

Haven't done any high level crafting myself, so I'm trying to learn it before I blow through my exalts.
"
Gravity8595 wrote:
"
Viktorious1 wrote:

First, I scour it.

Looking at doing this myself, but wouldn't you have to block the non-attack mods (mana, dex, int, str) before you exalt it to guarantee the +1 gems? If you don't, then wouldn't it be a 20% to get the mod you want?

Haven't done any high level crafting myself, so I'm trying to learn it before I blow through my exalts.

I honestly have no clue. haha. Hopefully we will hear from OP soon and maybe he will walk us through it. I'd hate to blow exalts on something I mess up and make unusable!
hi just wondering how does this build work in pvp?
So I posted a couple of pages back and I am still playing this build. Just for context I am brand new to the game this past January but I have been playing a lot. I play on Xbox One which I believe is making it harder to get some of this elite gear that you all find. Finding a really good 6L armor is nearly impossible on Xbox from what I can see. Same goes for these helmets with +3 to gem levels plus minion damage. I found a +2 with minion damage, bought it, and then found out first hand how hard it is to roll a DEX helmet to 2 RED, 1 BLUE and 1 GREEN socket slot! LOL!

Ok, so I state the above to say this... I am NO WHERE seeing how I can get to 7K life! I feel like I have decent gear (like I said I have been playing a ton and upgrading my stuff through the market place) but I am barely over 4K in HPs. So I guess my question is for the XBox users on here, is getting to 7K HPs a different universe then on the PC or something? Being on the xbox I don't think I can post my gear here for feedback unfortunately.

Second question - Thus far I have made it to T10 Maps. This build ROCKS even for a total noob like me. However, those bandits are by FAR the most dangerous guys in the game for me. They tend to not only lag my game up something fierce, but they 1-shot me more than any other thing in the game. There have been a few map bosses that LEAP across the screen and tag me as well and then my life just plummets despite my pounding on the flasks but the bandits and their lag-fiasco is the most consistent dangerous content I have found in the game. Does that sound about right for where I am at in this game?

Last question - So my goal is to clear out every T10 and below such that I get to play all those maps and get the bonus chance to the maps being a higher level. However, I have read various things about making sure not to do this after T10 because you want to "SHAPE" your Atlas. Guys... I am a NOOOOOB. Can someone point me to a simplistic video to write-up on what I should do after I complete all the T10 maps and below? I have youtubed a couple but they fly right over my head as I don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

My END GAME GOAL is to be able to run the T-16s on a GOOD farming map for this build with the shaper influence thing so I can farm this ELITE equipment that I can't afford to buy if/when it ever shows up on the Xbox. This build seems to be built off the SHAPER MODs so I would like to be able to farm them myself if possible and sell off the equipment I don't use.

Last paragraph, I promise! I don't understand about half of the mechanics of this game. Being that I have zero friends who play this and I am lacking for the time to read through all the literature on the game, I don't understand how a lot of these modifiers work and which are great and which stink. I say this as a testimonial to this build guide. I am now running T-10s totally solo and I really don't even know if I understand 1/3rd of the game. Example, I tried Delves and I think that is garbage. I can barely tell what is going on as the screen is so dark, why on earth would I want to play on a black screen when you can run pretty maps?

Thanks to all who contribute here... it has really helped me to enjoy the game over the past month.
@ wingexe1995:
"
wingexe1995 wrote:
hi just wondering how does this build work in pvp?

Sarn Arena can be fun at low level when you're first leveling and don't mind replacing Spectres afterward. You could even get Frost Sentinels/Solar Guards way early on through any hideout (preferably a L60 one) that has been exposed to these Spectres (a friend's, your own after swapping characters).

Actual PvP, though? Terrible. Everything is deactivated at the start of a round. This means you have to manually turn on all auras, raise all Zombies, and Spectres are simply deleted.

@ Gravity8595:
"
Gravity8595 wrote:
Quick question on the weapon and links for the zombies and herald:

Here is what I'm using now, should I get a weapon with Maim instead of +2 Chaos Gems or +1 Gems?

"
AliveFD wrote:
I think the more multiplier on maim will make it a better option. Didn't do any math yet! But you should try to look it up on PoB

Maim.

+2 Chaos is 29% more damage, but only applies to the Agony Crawler. Whereas the Maim debuff benefits our highest source of boss DPS, Skeletons, by causing the target to take increased physical damage from all our minions.

+1 Gems is worth +2 with Empower, so it's also 29% more damage, but it benefits Zombies, too. More importantly, though, is it boosts Zombie life by quite a bit. With the Flesh Binder ascendancy, keeping Zombies alive means having physical damage reduction for ourselves.

@ KeyserSoze15:
"
KeyserSoze15 wrote:
So I posted a couple of pages back and I am still playing this build. Just for context I am brand new to the game this past January but I have been playing a lot. I play on Xbox One which I believe is making it harder to get some of this elite gear that you all find. Finding a really good 6L armor is nearly impossible on Xbox from what I can see. Same goes for these helmets with +3 to gem levels plus minion damage. I found a +2 with minion damage, bought it, and then found out first hand how hard it is to roll a DEX helmet to 2 RED, 1 BLUE and 1 GREEN socket slot! LOL!

You want to use the crafting bench trick to off-color items.

You'll need to have unlocked up to the 4-Socket recipe and the 2-Red-Socket recipe. These recipes are found in the Delve mine:

2S = Azurite Cavity (I) in Mines.
3S = Azurite Cavity (I) in Mines.
4S = Azurite Vault (II) in Abyssal Depths, Frozen Hollow, Fungal Caverns, Magma Fissure, Petrified Forest, or Sulphur Vents.

2R = Azurite Cavity (I) in Mines, Abyssal Depths, Frozen Hollow, Fungal Caverns, Magma Fissure, Petrified Forest, or Sulphur Vents.

PROCEDURE:
1. Craft 2S, then 2R.
2. Craft 3S. Was the third socket the color you needed (blue)?
2b. If not, craft 2S, which only removes the third socket. Craft 3S/2S until you get the correct color for your third socket.
3. Craft 4S. You want the last color you're aiming for to be the easiest color to roll, so in this case green because your helmet requires DEX.
3b. If you don't get the right color, similar to the previous step, craft back to 3S to remove the fourth socket and try again.

"
KeyserSoze15 wrote:
Ok, so I state the above to say this... I am NO WHERE seeing how I can get to 7K life! I feel like I have decent gear (like I said I have been playing a ton and upgrading my stuff through the market place) but I am barely over 4K in HPs. So I guess my question is for the XBox users on here, is getting to 7K HPs a different universe then on the PC or something? Being on the xbox I don't think I can post my gear here for feedback unfortunately.

What level are you?

Are you following the second passive tree (first line under Everything You Need) that uses less jewel sockets for more life nodes?

Have you read the EPILOGUE Gear section in the Leveling Guide? It has a part about Life.

"
KeyserSoze15 wrote:
Second question - Thus far I have made it to T10 Maps. This build ROCKS even for a total noob like me. However, those bandits are by FAR the most dangerous guys in the game for me. They tend to not only lag my game up something fierce, but they 1-shot me more than any other thing in the game. There have been a few map bosses that LEAP across the screen and tag me as well and then my life just plummets despite my pounding on the flasks but the bandits and their lag-fiasco is the most consistent dangerous content I have found in the game. Does that sound about right for where I am at in this game?

By bandits, do you mean Syndicate members?

A great thing about minion builds is they can continue to deal damage even if you're lagging. However, if you need to avoid hazards, then it's a different story entirely. You can try to Shield Charge around randomly and hope for the best until lag compensation catches up (pretend you're shadowboxing), or simply mash Shield Charge away from the danger entirely until the lag storm passes.

Your lag may be hardware-related, rather than internet-related, if it is consistently happening when in big, effect-heavy fights like Syndicate encounters. I would try to minimize whatever you can in Options and fiddle with Dynamic Resolution to see if you can't eke out better performance from your Xbox.

"
KeyserSoze15 wrote:
Last question - So my goal is to clear out every T10 and below such that I get to play all those maps and get the bonus chance to the maps being a higher level. However, I have read various things about making sure not to do this after T10 because you want to "SHAPE" your Atlas. Guys... I am a NOOOOOB. Can someone point me to a simplistic video to write-up on what I should do after I complete all the T10 maps and below? I have youtubed a couple but they fly right over my head as I don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

Are those videos from this league (3.5 Betrayal)? The meta shifts every league, so be sure you aren't following outdated advice.

What it means is manipulating your high tier map drops by limiting what can drop. Usually the only maps that will drop are those you have completed, or those directly connected on the Atlas to the map you're in. So by leaving a map uncompleted, it will not drop (unless connected to the map you're in). If all but one map of a particular tier are left uncompleted, then when a drop rolls for that map tier, there's ideally only one map in the list of possible maps that can drop for that tier.

This lets you stockpile a preferred map, such as one with higher monster density, ideal layout for your build, and any other perks like certain Divination Card drops limited to that map type. You can then use Sextants and bounce influence to maximize your returns.

Personally, I never shaped my Atlas, and in 3.5 with Zana tier mods, Master missions, and no more sextant blocking or permanent Shaper/Elder influence, there's less reason to do so.

"
KeyserSoze15 wrote:
My END GAME GOAL is to be able to run the T-16s on a GOOD farming map for this build with the shaper influence thing so I can farm this ELITE equipment that I can't afford to buy if/when it ever shows up on the Xbox. This build seems to be built off the SHAPER MODs so I would like to be able to farm them myself if possible and sell off the equipment I don't use.

Last paragraph, I promise! I don't understand about half of the mechanics of this game. Being that I have zero friends who play this and I am lacking for the time to read through all the literature on the game, I don't understand how a lot of these modifiers work and which are great and which stink. I say this as a testimonial to this build guide. I am now running T-10s totally solo and I really don't even know if I understand 1/3rd of the game. Example, I tried Delves and I think that is garbage. I can barely tell what is going on as the screen is so dark, why on earth would I want to play on a black screen when you can run pretty maps?

Thanks to all who contribute here... it has really helped me to enjoy the game over the past month.

By modifiers, do you mean the value of mods on rare items?

Delve offers some very nice things. Such as Fossils, which are one way to craft great gear.

Upgrading your light radius will help, but if it's a personal visual issue you might try tinkering with the gamma/lightness/brightness/tint/saturation of your TV/monitor.

My wife is the same way, she absolutely hates the Labyrinth because she has a very hard time seeing in the dark parts. I really wish PoE had an in-game gamma option for this reason, but GGG elected not to do so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info