{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Tried Uber elder 4 times and failed :(. I think it’s more my slow reaction time than the build itself though :(
@ Skua99:
"
Skua99 wrote:
I have looked but can't find this alternate tree, can you tell me where it is posted?

It's right next to the original passive tree, first line under Everything You Need.

@ mtwilliams717:
"
mtwilliams717 wrote:
Tried Uber elder 4 times and failed :(. I think it’s more my slow reaction time than the build itself though :(

It's possible to beat Uber Elder with Frost Wall. The main takeaway is to keep moving. Continually circling around Elder will avoid most dangers. Don't worry about reaching optimal damage. Keep moving and stutter-cast after both Elder and Shaper have committed to an action you have cleanly avoided.
Enjoying the build. Have been saving up for a shaper weapon, but everything has been out of my price range and then this showed up for 2 fuse :)

Not the fastest weapon in the world, but for this price I feel pretty good :)

So is this a good deal or am I missing something?
Last edited by Skua99 on Jan 20, 2019, 8:08:17 PM
"
"
Hercanic wrote:

6. Poison: [...]

These 2 are tied together for me, since they die, i have to invoke them, but then get conflicted between throwing balls lightning and invoking more, and one component is missing from another.

Can I ask what you mean by having to "invoke" them?
@ Skua99:
"
Skua99 wrote:
Enjoying the build. Have been saving up for a shaper weapon, but everything has been out of my price range and then this showed up for 2 fuse :)

Not the fastest weapon in the world, but for this price I feel pretty good :)

So is this a good deal or am I missing something?

Looks fine, and a great deal for only 2 fusings. =o)

@ Viktorious1:
"
Viktorious1 wrote:
"
"
Hercanic wrote:

6. Poison: [...]

These 2 are tied together for me, since they die, i have to invoke them, but then get conflicted between throwing balls lightning and invoking more, and one component is missing from another.

Can I ask what you mean by having to "invoke" them?

They probably meant cast, as in casting Summon Skeleton, since they said they are not a native English speaker.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jan 20, 2019, 8:32:30 PM
hello thanks for the reply, I have another question, I looked over your profile to find out what to build, I noticed that the chaos resist is reduced but I couldn't find out why is it reduced
@ wingexe1995:
"
wingexe1995 wrote:
hello thanks for the reply, I have another question, I looked over your profile to find out what to build, I noticed that the chaos resist is reduced but I couldn't find out why is it reduced

All resistances (fire, cold, lightning, and chaos) are permanently reduced after you defeat Kitava in the storyline. -30% the first time, and another -30% after the final encounter, for a total of -60% (it's his death curse on us). This is why we need at least 135% resistances to reach the 75% cap.

Compared to elemental damage from monsters, chaos damage is extremely rare and usually doesn't hit very hard. Most sources are actually Damage Over Time, which can instead be mitigated with solid regen and recovery sources (flasks, LGoH). Because of this, chaos resistance is also rare and tricky to stack up.

From a design standpoint, by making chaos damage atypical, it gives GGG devs an Achilles' Heel they can exploit every now and again to make a particular monster or boss threatening (e.g. Ancient Constructs in Incursions, Chayula, It That Fled, Tora), since most builds will not have much chaos resistance.

It is not necessary to max chaos resistance, but having some is helpful. It is fine to be in the negatives. Raw total life and quick sources of recovery are enough in pretty much all cases.

This league, some of the Syndicate members, like It That Fled and Tora, have been potent enough threats to increase the valuation of chaos resistance. Get some if you can, but don't worry too much. Just remember to play cautiously against those couple of Syndicate members.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jan 21, 2019, 4:14:01 AM
Oh most vile one,

Bringer of great power,

Bestow-er of forbidden secrets,

The pact has been sealed and I have brought endless ruin to our foes. The path which you have laid before me has wrought destruction and chaos. I am proud to serve you as an agent of your entropy and misery and give praise to your endless wisdom and hatred.

I will continue to spread word of your deeds and offerings, so that we may be legion!

Ak Hakkar Nosfer Mortis Diem Fie!

Praise the dead!

May your reign be glorious and despicable!
The adventure is not outside...it is within.
Sensei, I haven't been active on this post for a while and I'm sorry if I'm asking something that have been asked before.

First of all, I have been playing PoE on and off, and never truly spent more than 3 week on a single season, until this one. So I know a few game mechanics but I know my knowledge is pretty basic and I'm lacking a lot. Mainly on sustaining/reducing damage taken.

I have successfully (and easily) killed Red Elder and it's guardians and I'm currently on the path to Uber Elder. Killed all Shaper guardians and the Shaper himself, had a REALLY hard time dealing with Minotaur, everything else was really smooth and fairly easy. I happened to "waste" 4 or 5 Minotaur maps until I finally killed him.

Now I have elder influence on all Shaper guardians except Minotaur because I don't want to waste anymore maps. Any advise on the fight, other than what's on the guide section? Also, I swapped the curse ring for a cheap one with big life and life on hit with spells to help sustain more damage (did everything with the curse on hit ring, but I guess not using it is better in these end-game encounters?)

I'm currently trying to find funds to improve my weapon to have +1 to socketed gems + maim + added fire damage and my helmet got get the +3 lvl of minion gems plus minion damage support and some life (around 5ex, only have 1ex). But if you could gear check me and give advice would be great!

I'm trying to level enough to get the Herbalism notable on the tree to helm with the life flask, but I'm not sure if I should just focus on jewels right now.

Also, I feel like I'm too squishy even at 6K life. Maybe I'm not focusing on evasion enough? I was trying to get as much Evasion and Armour until I notice Acrobatics reduces Armour by 50%, huge bummer.

EDIT: I almost forgot! My zombies are constantly dead on boss fights, is that supposed to happen? I looked them up on PoB and them seem fairly tanky, I have no idea why they dye so easily

EDIT 2: Can the Skeletons ignite and is burning damage support on helmet worth using?

Loving the build!
Last edited by AliveFD on Jan 22, 2019, 6:41:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info