{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

@ Kubamen01:
Full Post
"
Kubamen01 wrote:
Okay one big question, if i switched to slave drivers from frozen sentinil's, put in boots Cyclone - CwC - Descerate - Spirit Offering, took Avatar of Fire in passive tree, have "adds # to # fire damage to attacks" in my ring just to be sure, then what gloves should i use? :P

Also should i lvl up Descerate and Spirit Offering when i no longer use CwDT?

Big thanks for this build my guy!
"
if i ... took Avatar of Fire in passive tree, have "adds # to # fire damage to attacks" in my ring just to be sure...

You only need one or the other. Just mouse-over Cyclone on your skill bar to check its tooltip for the damage types it deals.

A ring or jewel saves a passive point and lets you pick any element (like if you wanted to use a Fire Spectre instead), while Avatar of Fire lets you use gear and spells with any added elements (like if your awesome claw unfortunately has added cold damage).

"
what gloves should i use?

It doesn't take much damage to clear maps, so as far as DPS is concerned we only need to concern ourselves with pushing our boss damage, which comes from Skeletons. Grip of the Council and Triad Grip are the answer if you want boss damage.

If not, then any defensive rare gloves will work just fine.

Curse on Hit corruption would be nice.

Other notable unique gloves would be Asenath's Gentle Touch (phys explosions), Tombfist (Intimidate), and Shaper's Touch (%ES from STR).

"
should i lvl up Descerate and Spirit Offering when i no longer use CwDT?

If they're in CwC, you can level up Spirit Offering. There's no reason to level Desecrate, but it might hurt you if an enemy ever detonates those corpses.

You can also double-up on the ES heal by using both CwC and CWDT Spirit Offering. CwC is proactive, keeps the buff up for your minions, and works against degens, but if you ever stop (frozen, lag) you can find yourself in trouble. CWDT can handle those situations. They also work at the same time, so you're even more resilient when under fire.
Last edited by Hercanic on Oct 15, 2019, 10:14:46 PM
There are so many new pages. I am sorry, but reading through them seems... rough. So Slave Drivers are better than Frosties? Which page can I check to figure out what I need to do to change over to SD? sorry for the annoyance, but theres been 80 pages since I last wanted to upgrade and I cant read all of that.
@Hercanic: Does maim support work with triad gloves, when all physic dmg convert to elemental dmg
Spoiler
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ Kubamen01:
Full Post
"
Kubamen01 wrote:
Okay one big question, if i switched to slave drivers from frozen sentinil's, put in boots Cyclone - CwC - Descerate - Spirit Offering, took Avatar of Fire in passive tree, have "adds # to # fire damage to attacks" in my ring just to be sure, then what gloves should i use? :P

Also should i lvl up Descerate and Spirit Offering when i no longer use CwDT?

Big thanks for this build my guy!
"
if i ... took Avatar of Fire in passive tree, have "adds # to # fire damage to attacks" in my ring just to be sure...

You only need one or the other. Just mouse-over Cyclone on your skill bar to check its tooltip for the damage types it deals.

A ring or jewel saves a passive point and lets you pick any element (like if you wanted to use a Fire Spectre instead), while Avatar of Fire lets you use gear and spells with any added elements (like if your awesome claw unfortunately has added cold damage).

"
what gloves should i use?

It doesn't take much damage to clear maps, so as far as DPS is concerned we only need to concern ourselves with pushing our boss damage, which comes from Skeletons. Grip of the Council and Triad Grip are the answer if you want boss damage.

If not, then any defensive rare gloves will work just fine.

Curse on Hit corruption would be nice.

Other notable unique gloves would be Asenath's Gentle Touch (phys explosions), Tombfist (Intimidate), and Shaper's Touch (%ES from STR).

"
should i lvl up Descerate and Spirit Offering when i no longer use CwDT?

If they're in CwC, you can level up Spirit Offering. There's no reason to level Desecrate, but it might hurt you if an enemy ever detonates those corpses.

You can also double-up on the ES heal by using both CwC and CWDT Spirit Offering. CwC is proactive, keeps the buff up for your minions, and works against degens, but if you ever stop (frozen, lag) you can find yourself in trouble. CWDT can handle those situations. They also work at the same time, so you're even more resilient when under fire.

Thank you so much for this comprehensive reply! Will do as you said,
love ya <3
Thanks!
@ mikef144:
Full Post
"
mikef144 wrote:
There are so many new pages. I am sorry, but reading through them seems... rough. So Slave Drivers are better than Frosties? Which page can I check to figure out what I need to do to change over to SD? sorry for the annoyance, but theres been 80 pages since I last wanted to upgrade and I cant read all of that.
"
Which page can I check to figure out what I need

You can check just my own posts and search (CTRL+F) for whatever you're looking for as you flip through the pages.

"
Slave Drivers ... better than Frosties?

Higher damage, less area. Great for narrow maps. Try 'em out.

Just keep in mind that, unlike a dedicated Spectre build, we don't need as much DPS from our Spectres. We have Skeletons for bosses, after all. Spectres just need to be strong enough to clear trash, which Frost Sentinels are plenty competent for.

This video shows a comparison of clear times of different Spectres. There's only a 9 second difference between Slave Drivers and Frost Sentinels, and this is a narrow map (T16 Minotaur).

For my own Cold Triad Grip build (Frost Sentinels and Phantasms), I can run with over 300% movement speed and full clear without stopping.

@ ngtrungkhanh:
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
@Hercanic: Does maim support work with triad gloves, when all physic dmg convert to elemental dmg

You don't benefit from the 14% phys debuff, but the slow and 30% more of the gem itself work fine.
@hercanic

Thank you! i appreciate the reply. I think i may stay with Frosties, I have been enjoying them and my gear is primed for them. I will likely do the cyclone+CwC desecrate/spirit offering for tougher bosses. I use Infernal Legion with my Skeles combined with Minion Instability and they are just beasts. Its like my skeles and my frosties are racing to see who can kill first. Also the constant fire damage seems to help with EE, i cant be 100% sure though.
Last edited by mikef144 on Oct 15, 2019, 11:31:19 PM
Hello everyone, Hello Hercanic,
First of all, love his build, pleasant to play with
Here's my stuff (plus rare jewels and Unending hunger),
i got a 4ex budget, but i don't know really which item is the best to focus on first.
thanks all :)
Rlyeh

@hercanic
Sure I have 3 of them to give.
@ mikef144:
Full Post
"
mikef144 wrote:
@hercanic

Thank you! i appreciate the reply. I think i may stay with Frosties, I have been enjoying them and my gear is primed for them. I will likely do the cyclone+CwC desecrate/spirit offering for tougher bosses. I use Infernal Legion with my Skeles combined with Minion Instability and they are just beasts. Its like my skeles and my frosties are racing to see who can kill first. Also the constant fire damage seems to help with EE, i cant be 100% sure though.
"
the constant fire damage seems to help with EE

Minions have no effect on your EE.

"
I use Infernal Legion with my Skeles combined with Minion Instability and they are just beasts.

If you're having fun, then great! But just so you're aware, there are some anti-synergistic things going on with this setup.

Unless you go Fire Triad Grip or Earendel's Embrace, your Skeletons deal physical melee damage, while Infernal Legion is non-melee Fire Damage. This means to support one will cost a support from the other. For example, you're using Melee Splash, which doesn't benefit Infernal Legion, whereas Burning Damage Support would be great for IL but do nothing for the Skeleton's attack. Hatred and Grip of the Council don't help IL or MI, either. Meanwhile, IL works against these two by eating up a socket from their melee damage and rapidly extinguishing them before their duration is up.

If your Skeletons are short-lived, that means you lose out on all the melee damage they could have done over their original 34 second duration. You also have to stop using Cyclone to recast them more often.

If you like using Skeletons on occasion while clearing, their melee attack with Melee Splash is more than sufficient to absolutely crush anything in an instant. No need to wait for them to pop with Minion Instability.

@ r_lyeh:
Full Post
"
r_lyeh wrote:
Hello everyone, Hello Hercanic,
First of all, love his build, pleasant to play with
Here's my stuff (plus rare jewels and Unending hunger),
i got a 4ex budget, but i don't know really which item is the best to focus on first.
thanks all :)
Rlyeh
"
[gear]

Empower is bad when it's only providing +1 levels. It only becomes better than other supports when we can boost it to 4-6 levels. Use Minion Damage instead.

Try out Melee Splash on Skeletons. Swap back to Ruthless or Multistrike only when facing Uber Elder and such.

You'd be better off with an uncorrupted amulet that you can anoint. +1 Zombies is nice, but you can get the same thing on a Fossil-crafted or Elder amulet rather than a Talisman.

Boots and rings lack life.

@ Apsiu:
"
Apsiu wrote:
@hercanic
Sure I have 3 of them to give.

Sweet! Feel free to poke me ingame if you see me first.
Last edited by Hercanic on Oct 17, 2019, 6:45:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info