{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

@ dbius:
Full Post
"
dbius wrote:
Hi,

Replaced Victario's Charity Shield to The Unshattered Will Archon Kite Shield.

Using two Frost sentinel and 1 carnage and 1 host chieftain for charges.

The reason trying this shield because gives a decent amount of buff while channeling: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Unshattered_Will

"Grants Summon Harbinger of Focus Skill: Summons an immortal Harbinger minion. While the player is channelling, the minion will occasionally cast a buff that reduces the damage the player takes, and makes them avoid all stuns and ailments."

"The Unshattered Will is a buff that lasts 4 seconds, with a cooldown of 8 seconds, and grants the following benefits:"

Immunity to status ailments
Stun immunity
20% damage reduction

Cyclone although also gives immunity against stun, but this immortal minion gives immunity against all ailments and the most important imo the damage reduction while the buff lasts.

It works well for me at least atm, what are your thoughts about this item?

Edit: Found one piece of the shield a few days ago and bought the others around 3-4 chaos (per piece)
"

20% damage reduction is nice, as is purging ailments, but like any cyclical buff it cannot be relied on nor do you have control over when it's protecting you. This means you're more vulnerable during its downtime. If you keep an eye on the buff you can alternate between being aggressive when it's up and cautious when it's down, but that's an added mental cost that could be better spent paying attention to the enemy itself.

@ BubbleUK:
Full Post
"
BubbleUK wrote:
Fun build and is very powerful AND defensive.

I tried a few changes though and now have a Summon skeleton totem with an Infernal Legion support gem which helps with Blight, bosses and delve encounters as it constantly spits out skeletons at the mob location while zombies and Flame Sentinel Spectre's pummel them. I tried all spectres and settled on these old school ones but you need a decent GPU to handle the eye candy.

I got rid of Cyclone (although it was great with knockback support on Blight paths to stop them getting to the pump) and now use Whirling Blades with fortify and a curse on hit for faster mapping. You can also get Knockback on a flask.

Did a T15 Unique yesterday without a hitch and now at the point of min/maxing my build as I move into early 90's

Also managed to work in 160% IIR too.
"
Summon skeleton totem with an Infernal Legion support gem which helps with Blight

Melee Splash is all you need for Blight lanes. It deals exponential damage the more clustered up enemies are (read mini-FAQ about Melee Splash) and 'stacks' with fellow skeletons, unlike Infernal Legion which does not stack. Spell Totem is an unnecessary gimp when we get 4 per cast (3 casts * 0.48 cast time = 12 skeletons in 1.44 seconds) and they last 34 seconds. Not to mention Vaal Skeletons.

@ Valyoyoo:
Full Post & Proceeding Conversation
"
Valyoyoo wrote:
Hello guys,

Been following this build since the start of this league. Kinda new player, semi-casual (play 1-3 hours daily after work and weekend most of the times).
From how many pages there are to this build, it's kinda hard to find the answer here and i don't really have time to read through over 250 pages, so i decided to post the question in hope someone can answer it.
Since i don't know much about PoB other than follow the passive skill tree and Notes, did anybody do a thorough research about the best spectres there are known and exact dps of each of them ? Would really like to know, since i'm not sure if i should go back to solar guards, keep slave drivers, or just get another one.

Also, what is best strategy for this build, get all 4 of them the same, or mix them up ?

Edit: Also, what are the updates to this build, it's been almost 20 days and no updates, so i guess this is the final form ?
"
malebranche wrote:
It seems that most people using this build (I started following this build but went quite off the rails at some point, so now I'm using a variant I guess) are using Frost Sentinels. Very strong clear, synergy with cold triad grip and hatred, and they fit the role well. You have zombies to keep safe, you have skeletons for bossing, so your spectres are for fullscreen clear. Solar guards are also good, but Anger isn't as good as Hatred so you have to make up skeleton boss dps on your spectres which isn't trivial. Slave Drivers have the same issue with Wrath, but also their clear is worse than Solar Guards or Frost Sentinels. Slave Drivers are, in my opinion, the best spectre in a pure spectre build that relies on spectres for both bossing and clear. But in this case where you have skeletons for bossing, Frost Sentinels and Solar Guards are both better.

Hercanic has indicated in some recent posts that he's still experimenting, still iterating, particularly fitting in an Animated Guardian.
"
the best spectres ... and exact dps

The best will depend what you want them for: bossing, clearing, support, a specific damage type to compliment your build or exploit something like conversion, etc. In this build, we use Skeletons for bossing and Zombies for tough rares while clearing, so our Spectres can be focused on maximum clear speed.

For monster DPS, you can look up their base damage by googling "poedb (monster name)" and look for an entry from the website https://poedb.tw, which contains datamined info. Spells will have their damage listed, but attacks will be a percentage of base attack damage. Here is a spreadsheet of datamined default monster stats to cross-reference. Some, but not all, monsters can be added as Spectres in Path of Building, which will allow you to see their base damage as well.

I talked about several major Spectres in the 3.8 Update post's mini-FAQ ("Differences between each Spectre?"). I would have liked to add more, and tried to, but found I had reached the 50k character limit for a post. So I reserved the entirety of page 234 for future expansion.

Here's a video showing a comparison between eight different Spectres.

"
what are the updates to this build

Main build on page 123 works great and will get you through all content. You can also look at my Blight character, Hegemon_of_the_Dead, for the Cold Triad Grip version I've been working on (better DPS and mobility, but less defensive). I'll be detailing this and other variant builds on page 234 sometime in the future, where I'll also be rewriting the original guide. Finally, this post has a sneak peek PoB of a 2H variant I'm planning out (extremely powerful, but somewhat expensive).

@ ngtrungkhanh:
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
Does this minion cast skill offen, i mean every 8s

Harbinger minions are immortal, follow right behind you, and pretty much always cast their buff on you the first moment they can.

@ Ruok15:
Full Post
"
Ruok15 wrote:
Have you thought of using Soulrend in place of Ball Lightning and just making sure you have some kind of flat lightning damage. This way you can still reap the benefits from Elemental Equilibrium but get the Chaos damage and ES leech from Soulrend? I have a Watchers eye and took it off and put a 20% soul rend in my link and it appeared to give decent ES on hit. It also chases things down and has pierce so looks nice
"
Soulrend in place of Ball Lightning

Yep, some players did so last league. It's pretty fun and feels great, but you lose out on 86% of the total hits that Ball Lightning can do, so it's not good for bosses unless all you care about is EE.
Last edited by Hercanic on Oct 10, 2019, 11:30:39 PM
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
Spoiler
"
dbius wrote:
Hi,

Replaced Victario's Charity Shield to The Unshattered Will Archon Kite Shield.

Using two Frost sentinel and 1 carnage and 1 host chieftain for charges.

The reason trying this shield because gives a decent amount of buff while channeling: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Unshattered_Will

"Grants Summon Harbinger of Focus Skill: Summons an immortal Harbinger minion. While the player is channelling, the minion will occasionally cast a buff that reduces the damage the player takes, and makes them avoid all stuns and ailments."

"The Unshattered Will is a buff that lasts 4 seconds, with a cooldown of 8 seconds, and grants the following benefits:"

Immunity to status ailments
Stun immunity
20% damage reduction

Cyclone although also gives immunity against stun, but this immortal minion gives immunity against all ailments and the most important imo the damage reduction while the buff lasts.

It works well for me at least atm, what are your thoughts about this item?

Edit: Found one piece of the shield a few days ago and bought the others around 3-4 chaos (per piece)

Does this minion cast skill offen, i mean every 8s

Honestly i didn't track this. It should be, because the description doesn't contains anything that it can be cast only once in a minute for example. So I guess the answer is yes.

Edit2: Checked and yes, it casts after cooldown again!
Last edited by dbius on Oct 10, 2019, 3:40:43 PM
"
Singrave wrote:
@malebranche
thank you very much on your explanation how GMP and iceSpears work!

"
malebranche wrote:

And yeah, cats are rad. The closest thing to an exile in real life is a cat that got into the garden :)

as i said before - my engrish(lish?) is bed(bad?)

can you please explain all the "rad" and "garden" things about cats?
it's no joke\trolling or something like this.

Rad is a slang word for great or awesome. It's got a sort of southern Californian/surfer connotation.

The joke about the garden was comparing a housecat to the Exile. Your Exile comes to Wraeclast and proceeds to go on an extended murderous rampage across the continent. A housecat has a similar impact on the bird and rodent population of a garden.

Your English is quite good. You'll get a hang on the idiom with time.

"
Hercanic wrote:

Great gear! Is Precision just for the crit chance? Minion accuracy for us is well over 3k, so Precision doesn't do much for us.

In case you missed this post, here's what I'm planning for Animated Guardian.

Yeah, I didn't really have anything else to put into the green socket. I hate using smoke mine and I already run a Quartz flask and the freedom of movement notable. I guess I could run portal or anoint Whispers of doom and get elemental weakness on hit gloves.

I was looking at using Lochtonial Caress gloves on my AG but I doubt they will generate enough charges to be able to drop Charity. If you're going CoH, Asenath's could be a nice choice as well for clearing blight lanes.

Blighted maps a.k.a throw down scout towers and afk at the pump.

Highest tier I've had drop was a tier 12. I probably could have done it without using any towers

https://streamable.com/1iuph
Hello all.

As for following this build, what would be the annointment for amulets options you guys would recommend?

Thank you!
"
alexauron82 wrote:
Hello all.

As for following this build, what would be the annointment for amulets options you guys would recommend?

Thank you!

I was using Aligned Spirits, but just took those nodes after and anointed Enduring Bond for some damage.
Get +1 to endurance charges to get extra survivability. It's good to have as much as possible enducharges to mitigate as much as possible.
Guys should I recraft this helmet or is the immolate support good for this build?

This is interesting... Has anyone tried this? The homing properties along with the ES leech makes seems to make this very attractive if we can get lightning on something else like a gem. I'm going to try it.

Just realized that I forgot to quote. I referring to using Soulrend in place of Ball Lightning.
Last edited by ElectroHarmonix on Oct 10, 2019, 1:35:51 PM

Can someone tell me why Purifying Flame doesn't seem to trigger?
Does an icon come on when its activated? I don't seem to get any visual cue.

Also, gear review would be nice. Trying to find last lab trial before Uberlab and Uber Elder. First time getting this far, let alone lvl 92. Thanks Heranic!
Last edited by Tigytallpants on Oct 10, 2019, 3:15:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info