{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

@all

thanks so much for the group wisdom. I had completely forgotten about over leveling my CWDT target gems. I just moved to the CWDT set up yesterday so that recent cluster of posts was really timely.

FWIW:

With regards to the "+ # to maximum number of spectres" possibilities.

I saw a post in a different spectre guide that shows how to get 6 specters:

+1 from skill tree

+1 from delve drop chest (i haven't found info yet on what level it can drop in. Still looking. If anyone has info, please share)

+4 from level 31 Raise Spectre gem (lvl 21 gem, two +1 wands, +3 helm, +3 lvl 4 empower, +2 from ascendancy)

Soul's Wick unique jewel would add two more but would have the negative effect of making spectres expire after 20 seconds

Conceivably 8 total spectres but unlikely to be that useful of a tactic given the trade offs. I'm pretty happy with 3.

Edit:
After posting this, I realized I'm not getting something right. My gem is at lvl 19. With the + 2 to skills from the ascendancy, its at lvl 21. That should give me three spectres. I should get one more from Death Attunement but I can only spawn 3 total. Can someone clue me in?
Last edited by ona_velzy on Sep 15, 2019, 1:28:43 PM
@ Glocknine & @ Scorpion1771

Full post
"
glocknine wrote:
"
scorpion1771 wrote:
Can someone please tell me if im doing right or not
I'm using Frost Sentinels and this is my 6-link

Is it ok? Should i switch frost sentinels on something better?

replace summon phantasm support gem with faster projectile

I wouldn't replace summon phantasm support, it's one of our main DPS minions (10 minions with aprox ~50-75K DPS EACH = 750K DPS total -> faster projectiles doesn't replace such massive damage. What could be done is actually nothing it's a decent setup like this and probably even the most DPS output you can get on frost sentinals on the chest, according to POB dmg output... (quick check)

@Ona_velzy

Full post
"
ona_velzy wrote:
@all

thanks so much for the group wisdom. I had completely forgotten about over leveling my CWDT target gems. I just moved to the CWDT set up yesterday so that recent cluster of posts was really timely.

FWIW:

With regards to the "+ # to maximum number of spectres" possibilities.

I saw a post in a different spectre guide that shows how to get 6 specters:

+1 from skill tree

+1 from delve drop chest (i haven't found info yet on what level it can drop in. Still looking. If anyone has info, please share)

+4 from level 31 Raise Spectre gem (lvl 21 gem, two +1 wands, +3 helm, +3 lvl 4 empower, +2 from ascendancy)

Soul's Wick unique jewel would add two more but would have the negative effect of making spectres expire after 20 seconds

Conceivably 8 total spectres but unlikely to be that useful of a tactic given the trade offs. I'm pretty happy with 3.

Edit:
After posting this, I realized I'm not getting something right. My gem is at lvl 19. With the + 2 to skills from the ascendancy, its at lvl 21. That should give me three spectres. I should get one more from Death Attunement but I can only spawn 3 total. Can someone clue me in?

I'v noticed it too that when spectres are lvl 21 with a source not of their own and not yet lvl 20 they don't give the amount of spectres they should. It's either made this way or it's a bug, but I guess the later one, because of all the changes that happened to them.

I'm not going to lvl (or buy) a lvl 19 gem to confirm and report, but I suggest for those who have spectres lvl 19 to take some screenshots and report it (if no one has yet)

Also nice amount of spectres, I plan to go just for 5 once I can buy a decent 6-link chest with +1 spectre.
To help alot of people here, they can ONLY drop in delve from the minion-aura nodes and can be found once you reach depth 50 (Icon is a small skull & bones)
Note: deeper depth = higher lvl monsters = higher item lvl = possible to roll better stats obviously!
@FutureFear
Spoiler
I'v noticed it too that when spectres are lvl 21 with a source not of their own and not yet lvl 20 they don't give the amount of spectres they should. It's either made this way or it's a bug, but I guess the later one, because of all the changes that happened to them.

I'm not going to lvl (or buy) a lvl 19 gem to confirm and report, but I suggest for those who have spectres lvl 19 to take some screenshots and report it (if no one has yet)

Also nice amount of spectres, I plan to go just for 5 once I can buy a decent 6-link chest with +1 spectre.
To help alot of people here, they can ONLY drop in delve from the minion-aura nodes and can be found once you reach depth 50 (Icon is a small skull & bones)
Note: deeper depth = higher lvl monsters = higher item lvl = possible to roll better stats obviously!

The vast majority i saw on a search were evasion based so coloring could be a hassle. The bases are inexpensive though. Even 6 socketed +1's were available for 10 C
"
ona_velzy wrote:
@FutureFear
Spoiler

The vast majority i saw on a search were evasion based so coloring could be a hassle. The bases are inexpensive though. Even 6 socketed +1's were available for 10 C

That's why I said decent ;) I'll still need life, ES, and some resist to cover and such chests are quite expensive and run into several exalted so yeah,... Not as easy to get one as you might expect, certainly not for my standards in gear ;)
iS Saqawal's nest worth using/viable for this build?
ES gained on hit while affected by Discipline doesn't seem to be working with my watcher's eye with ball lightning and cyclone?
"
scorpion1771 wrote:
Can someone please tell me if im doing right or not
I'm using Frost Sentinels and this is my 6-link

Is it ok? Should i switch frost sentinels on something better?

Elemental Focus means your frost sentinels won't freeze enemies. If that's what you want, then that's fine, but personally half the appeal of frost sents is the freeze (since frozen enemies aren't trying to kill me!). I'd swap Ele Focus for Faster Projectiles or Pierce, if you're willing to work on recoloring sockets, or Elemental Army or Spell Echo (or both and take out Phantasms) if you don't want to recolor.
Food for thought for Triad users. How about 50% cold and 50% lightning, along with both hatred and wrath? Still no better than 100% chaos, but much cheaper and with vis mortis it has a lot of potential. Requires 4 points to work though (sovereignty cluster).
@LunarLetteuce

"
LunarLettuce wrote:
iS Saqawal's nest worth using/viable for this build?

Not for this build, you'll lose alot of life and energy, and the possibilty to get +1 to spectre IF you invest some currency into it or find one in Delve... like mentioned before.

@Gwen_stefani

"
Gwen_Stefani wrote:
ES gained on hit while affected by Discipline doesn't seem to be working with my watcher's eye with ball lightning and cyclone?

1. is discipline active? Often forgotten by even the best, to buff, then fight, not the other way around.
2. second, do you actually hit something? Ball lightning is kinda slow, and your minions might just kill faster, before you hit...
3. Does your watcher's eye actually has the stat, "XX Energy shield gained on hit while affected by discipline" Plenty of other ES stats on a watcher's eye also with discipline...

If all above is checked, and it stil doesn't work, then it's something that's wrong. Also note that 10 ES gain or 50 ES for example is a big difference.
Damn, reason why i was asking is because i got it as a drop and am unsure if i should sell it or keep it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info