3.7* - Caustic Arrow Trickster Mapping + Delving Unkillable Machine

"
Lokelolify wrote:
yo great build! a question...can I have 3 socketed + vicious proj and still be available to enchant chaos dmg and if not how good is it if you replace vicious proj with the chaos enchant ?

+2 bow gems, +1 socketed gems, Vicious proj support and Non-ailment chaos dot are all prefixes on a bow. So it's not possible to have all 4.

Looking in POB for clearing assuming you always want mirage archer in the links it's about a 20k DOT difference. (Swapping void manip for Vicious proj when using a bow without vicious proj)
So if you never plan to boss or don't feel you need more dps than that, stick with a Non-ailment chaos dot +3 bow.

For situations without mirage archer Vicious proj bow definitely wins in dps. It's about a 38k~ Difference for all dps gems setup (CA-Empower-Conc-SA-Damage on full-Vicious proj). With The vicious proj bow you gain Void manipulation Which is about 28k dot.

tl;dr - all in all the Non-ailment Chaos damage over time mod is extremely powerful if you don't feel like crafting a 7-link bow. losing only about 20-40k dot.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646

Hello,
I am fairly new to the game and I accidently 6-linked this bow without realizing how important it was to +3 it. I was wondering if there is any way to get +3 on this bow without having to 6l a completely new one?
Thanks!
"
Thieftix wrote:

Hello,
I am fairly new to the game and I accidently 6-linked this bow without realizing how important it was to +3 it. I was wondering if there is any way to get +3 on this bow without having to 6l a completely new one?
Thanks!

So the bow isn't terrible, totally fine to use.
The only way i see to salvage it or make it better kinda sucks and probably isn't worth it and could brick the bow (Potentially killing it). And i wouldn't suggest doing this unless you were already using an Empower 3/4 in your links.
Edit: This will only make a +1 bow hence me saying it might not be worth it.
The process is to remove a suffix by annulling (The attack speed, crit or poison) and once that is done (Hoping you don't remove anything else) You can craft "Cannot roll attack mods" and Slam the bow with Exalted to guarantee a "+1 to level of socketed gems" roll, then re-craft the "Non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier".
Personally what i would do is keep the bow and attempt to craft another base but that means 6-linking again so it's a weird situation.
Last edited by Pimmalage on Dec 24, 2018, 9:16:52 PM
i would probably just scour it and alt/regal craft as per normal. so ya might as well attempt an annul and see what you hit. if you hit a suffix, great and continue from there. if not, whatever scour and go from scratch.

its easy enough to craft as long as you have the currency up front and won't need to farm it before you scour lol
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 12, 2019, 8:52:58 PM
Hello :)

I am currently in the process of trying out a caustic arrow trickster after seeing Tarkecat playing it. Well, at least trying to plan it in PoB. I've bought a bow but that's it so far!

I've had a good read of your guide - it was very helpful, thanks!

Just a question that I had in relation to the build. I'm currently playing around with the idea of going MOM. I notice that my hit chance is really low though! Like 63% chance to hit at level 90. Being MoM I don't get the ranger accuracy nodes which I assume accounts for a lot of this plus getting less dex as a whole. I don't really know how CA functions and whilst I know accuracy is typically considered important but since we are not a crit build and we basically are just looking to plonk down an AOE DoT does accuracy actually matter? In order to get the CA to pierce do we need to hit?

If accuracy is important at what hit chance do you feel that the build functions well enough?

"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Hello :)

I am currently in the process of trying out a caustic arrow trickster after seeing Tarkecat playing it. Well, at least trying to plan it in PoB. I've bought a bow but that's it so far!

I've had a good read of your guide - it was very helpful, thanks!

Just a question that I had in relation to the build. I'm currently playing around with the idea of going MOM. I notice that my hit chance is really low though! Like 63% chance to hit at level 90. Being MoM I don't get the ranger accuracy nodes which I assume accounts for a lot of this plus getting less dex as a whole. I don't really know how CA functions and whilst I know accuracy is typically considered important but since we are not a crit build and we basically are just looking to plonk down an AOE DoT does accuracy actually matter? In order to get the CA to pierce do we need to hit?

If accuracy is important at what hit chance do you feel that the build functions well enough?

Mom with Cloak of defiance is a setup on of my friends played, it's very strong also. Not a bad idea atall. I probably wouldn't path over to the keystone as it's so many points.
As for the accuracy question, it's really not an issue sometimes having less accuracy helps, It's very situational but CA is ground targeted so if you miss the entire pack it will just land in the spot you clicked. If you actually hit it will pierce and create a cloud, So if we had more pierce i suppose accuracy will be nice. The situation where accuracy would be the best is if you're using Conc effect, that way you would need more clouds to proc to clear the pack consistently.
My friend's character (ToxicBlood)
Thanks for the reply Pimmalage :)

That has helped a lot in regards to my understanding. Seems like I don't need to chase accuracy but getting a little can't hurt. I'll try and get some on my quiver and an abyss jewel - that should help me get to 75% hit chance which will probably be enough. I can always respec a little if I think I need to.

My bow does have the lvl 20 Vicious Proj as a 7-link but it has crafted Non-ailment chaos damage over time rather than +2 to supports. So I was probably going to be using Inc AoE for mapping and then Conc Effect for bossing. I guess I'll have to see how the damage holds up. I already have a level 4 empower I can swap from my golemancer.

It was useful to see your friends character as well. He has some pretty good gear; I don't know how close I will get to anything quite like that but it gives me a good idea of what to aim for. I'll have to see if I can work in Aspect of the Spider - that seems like a good defensive aura with some minor offensive potential as well. I've got a few pieces with it on but they are all garbage aside from that. I've not has a single portal beast either yet so getting the craft will be kinda expensive I guess. Again, something to aim for. At least I am enjoying the league a lot so having upgrades to aim for gives me some extra added motivation to keep going.

Thanks again for the help; I'm sure I will be back with more questions once I buy the basic bits to get the build started. Hope you enjoy the league (or wherever you play) :)
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
I've not has a single portal beast either yet so getting the craft will be kinda expensive I guess.

If you're not SSF you can buy the beast required for the Aspect of the spider. It's not too expensive http://poe.trade/search/oyokotayogamey
Hello sir , i been following the tarke build , but going TR instead of CA.

I beat everything atm , except uber elder and uber atziri ( prefer to sell the fragments ) and i want to know if CA feels better for single target.

This is probably my favorite build atm , i'm still missing some gear , a lvl 21 toxic rain a lvl4 empower and a vicious projectile elder bow will push my damage even further, also a Belt or ring with Spider to drop the fenumu's weave and get higher HP , i'm sitting at 7 k atm.

Last edited by kazzo92 on Jan 20, 2019, 1:02:23 PM
"
kazzo92 wrote:
I beat everything atm , except uber elder and uber atziri ( prefer to sell the fragments ) and i want to know if CA feels better for single target.

It's hard to say i haven't played a solo TR build, i have a shaper and minotaur kill linked in the main thread, i suggest you check those out for single target, It's hard to say what feels fine for some people so. It works just not amazing, I know uber atziri was a cake walk for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info