[3.7] The BB King //3M+ Bleed-75%Block\\ Vaal EQ, All Content Deathless

Update : Gem's Up, Rework tree for take "Red Storm" and +1 Jewel socket, Jewel's Up
IG : JaxLInfernal
Last edited by jaxlerebel on Nov 5, 2018, 3:18:02 AM
No Ruthless support? It seems to be the best support gem by far for this build.
"
etuhoha wrote:
No Ruthless support? It seems to be the best support gem by far for this build.

It's a good idea, but i have already a lot of difficult mechanics.
"
Vaal EQ for Bleed base.
All flasks up.
White mob selected.
Enemy is shocked.
Full Frenzy charges.
Enemy is moving.

Spoiler
Especially on a Bleed build you can ditch flasks for DPS because it will last longer than your flasks are up.

please add 60% bleed 100% more ;)

Update : New chest, MaJ PoB (real DPS), full Gem 21
Huh, i thought nobody touched bleed fossil mod besides me. I'm very interested in hipster builds so i'll try to help you improve it.

From the bad (guide wise): Your PoB is configured in a way worthy of professional PoB tooltip warrior, the build still packs a lot of damage. We're looking at 800k shaper dps on normal EQ and 1350k Vaal EQ, assuming the target is moving. One more from the unrealistic side - your gear is nuts, so much damage from fossil crafting.

The good stuff: Everything else tbh, with room of improvement everywhere,

* The tree looks very efficient altho little bit too low %life for my taste. I think the best solution would be picking up blood magic. You only really use Herald of Purity for damage (+ free vulnerability aura). You should prolly pick Art of the Gladiator too (AS+MS for smooth shield charge). Besides that, no idea how to make it better.

* Using 1h mace like a hipster is also fine, but i'm sure you know that axes would've been slightly better (elder's inc phys + culling strike suffix). Talking about min-maxing here

* Anti-curse HP flask and utility anti-bleed flaks is a crime IMO. I would definitely swap the effects.

* Gem setups are mostly fine, i like that defensive Reckoning setup. Vaal DS feels kinda pointless tho, the base damage is just too low + only 4-link. I would swap it for something else. I would 100% include Blood Rage, no reason to NOT use it. Maybe also Frenzy+FA+Fortify for bonus damage against bosses? Vigilant strike+Fortify for longer fortify upkeep? I dunno.

* I would seriously consider Ruthless support in main setup. You need 6 attacks on average, but the reward is going to be insane. Another reason to invest at least a little bit more into AS so your dps can go through the roof.

I think that's it. Let me know what you think about these suggestions.

One more thing, PoB is very bad at calculating bleed damage. I've created custom bleed DPS calculator that accurately shows average dps based on AS/bleed duration/chances etc. I've created it for myself but i'm sure it's going to be useful for you as well.

EDIT: Right, i forgot about EQ's base 1 sec duration. Attack speed is almost useless for single target that way but still makes clearing a little bit better. I would suggest using reduced EQ duration helmet enchantment (i mean you have 1000%+ increased damage after all, who cares about 40%) and combined with more AS, it's gonna feel a lot smoother.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Nov 16, 2018, 7:11:30 AM
@DankawSL:

Thanks for your feedback, I consider your tips with interest and I really appreciate to discuss with the only guy who is playing a bleed build on this league.

"
* The tree looks very efficient altho little bit too low %life for my taste. I think the best solution would be picking up blood magic. You only really use Herald of Purity for damage (+ free vulnerability aura). You should prolly pick Art of the Gladiator too (AS+MS for smooth shield charge). Besides that, no idea how to make it better.

My priority is to block, I have enough life with my block rate (75%).

For "art of the gladiator" I don't need more AS for my clear speed, and I didn't take crimson dance.

About Axes instead of Maces, I chose Mace for best flat physical, but i don't really know what is better. ATM craft a new similar axe is difficult, so my mace is good enought ;)

Flask setup fixed :p (shame on me)

I chose VDS for 4 portals phase elder. It's a big help for save Shaper. But indeed, you have some other good choices. I will try them !

"
* I would seriously consider Ruthless support in main setup. You need 6 attacks on average, but the reward is going to be insane. Another reason to invest at least a little bit more into AS so your dps can go through the roof.

Ruthless is a strong support but not a good choice for Vaal EQ, because the aftershock doesn't count in the ruthless number of attacks since it's a secondary effect
Survivability - I only really play HC, so any build with less than 200% life from tree + jewels is just triggering me. I have no doubt that your build is ridiculously tanky but i still like having that high life pool to tank almost any attack in the game (that goes through avoidance).

Art of the Gladiator - Sometimes smoothness is better than damage. It won't increase your dps but it will make you faster. Oh well, that was just a suggestion.

Mace vs Axe - Yeah... it's way too late in the league to change anything at this point. Axes are better for sure, assuming you can get somewhat equal passive tree to accomodate the change. I would suggest you play around with it.

Reaver Axe has very high max phys and overall combined phys (38-114), Gavel has marginally higher combined flat phys and weaker max phys (54-101). Now, if you actually happened to hit the elder suffix (30-49% inc phys + culling strike) then it is easily +70 added flat phys.

Ruthless support - oh yeah, i guess that makes sense. It's still much better on average for normal EQ, but worse for non-end game bosses.

Reduced EQ duration enchantment - I didn't see you address that. You should take a look on it, for real. It should stack with Swift Affliction's 15% for total 45%, that's 1,8 EQs per second compared to 1,17 you have right now. It might or might not affect bleeding duration, you would need to test in-game. It should affect soul gain prevention time to 6.6 sec too, so you can have your ultimate skill faster in longer fights.

There's a high chance that i'll be "stealing" your build next league after i'm done with my other 2 builds. Mostly the same with few significant changes. I don't think i'll be able to convert it into Crimson Dance build but i'll try. Even if i don't succeed, i have backup plan for normal bleed one. We'll see how it goes.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Nov 17, 2018, 7:00:58 PM
I wait your feedback for the new league ;)
just wanted to say that it looks like a nice build, grats.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info