[3.6] 5-Aura Flicker Strike Trickster - 3 Heralds+Aspect of the Cat+Hatred - All Content

"
Camyo2 wrote:
Hey not sure if you're still looking at this, but I recently purchased all the gear for this and wanted to try it out. I'm currently having some survivability and single target damage issues. Here's what I'm rocking. I had to go the cheap Aul's version but you never mentioned if you still run hatred somewhere.

I still run Hatred, It is listed in the gems section. If you don't have the Aul's Uprising for either Hatred or Haste, then you can still just run the 4 Heralds/Aspect of the Cat just fine too. Since you have the Haste version, that works out perfectly too. Even better is because you can pop Vaal Haste on top of Haste too for even more busted damage.

I took look at your character in PoB and it looks like you are actually getting a solid amount of damage already. I am getting at least 600k with the proper things checked in the calcs tab too.

I would say that is pretty respectable for a Flicker Strike build.

EDIT: I only looked at your current character in PoB, did not notice that your belt was different in your post.

I would suggest getting quality on your gems. You actually have a good amount of DPS already, we just need to up the damage a bit more by doing so. You could get better jewels too. I would prioritize life rolls on those before getting any damage boosting mods such as crit multi and the like. You can get even more life that way.

These small changes will breathe even more life into the build, trust me. Those small improvements will have big results.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for using the build and stopping by!

Good luck, exile!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Jan 15, 2019, 12:19:18 AM
Anyone know how he sustains mana for this build? I don't see anything in the POB that shows how he sustains mana. Because there is no way 10 mana from a kill can help him sustain.
"
Vaveth wrote:
Anyone know how he sustains mana for this build? I don't see anything in the POB that shows how he sustains mana. Because there is no way 10 mana from a kill can help him sustain.

Trickster's ascendancy Weave of the Arcane makes it so movement skills cost no mana. Flicker Strike has the movement tag so that means the skill is completely free. Any movement skills are free, including Leap Slam so you can just spam Flicker Strike and Leap Slam all you want without worrying about mana. This is why we can reserve so much of mana without worrying about mana usage.

The only reason why I use an Enlighten jewel for the build is just so I have enough mana to summon an Ice Golem otherwise I would have to use an Ice Golem at a lower level and have it proc with my CWDT. The higher level for Summon Ice Golem, the more crit you get. It is really just preference though.

Hopefully that makes sense. This is why this build does not need any mana leech nodes. :)
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Jan 22, 2019, 7:57:56 PM
"
"
Vaveth wrote:

Trickster's ascendancy Weave of the Arcane makes it so movement skills cost no mana. Flicker Strike has the movement tag so that means the skill is completely free. Any movement skills are free, including Leap Slam so you can just spam Flicker Strike and Leap Slam all you want without worrying about mana. This is why we can reserve so much of mana without worrying about mana usage.

The only reason why I use an Enlighten jewel for the build is just so I have enough mana to summon an Ice Golem otherwise I would have to use an Ice Golem at a lower level and have it proc with my CWDT. The higher level for Summon Ice Golem, the more crit you get. It is really just preference though.

Hopefully that makes sense. This is why this build does not need any mana leech nodes. :)

Oh my god LOL I completely forgot about ascendancies. I guess that makes sense.
Last edited by Vaveth on Jan 22, 2019, 10:17:41 PM
"
Vaveth wrote:

Haha, no problem. You actually made me double check the guide again until I noticed that it was my Trickster Flicker Strike build lol.

I got worried for a minute. :O
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
"
Vaveth wrote:

Haha, no problem. You actually made me double check the guide again until I noticed that it was my Trickster Flicker Strike build lol.

lol yeah I just did the ascendancy and now the build just rapes.(Except against bosses)

If you were to switch to a starforge is there anyway to keep up frenzy charges since fury only works if you kill?
Last edited by Vaveth on Jan 22, 2019, 10:57:18 PM
"
Vaveth wrote:
"
"
Vaveth wrote:

lol yeah I just did the ascendancy and now the build just rapes.

If you were to switch to a starforge is there anyway to keep up frenzy charges since fury only works if you kill?

Unfortunately you need to have Terminus Est so you can get a Frenzy Charge on critical strike. You won't sustain Flicker Strike if you don't. I also have another Flicker Strike build that is actually a lot more viable but it is using a Duelist/Slayer instead.

There are a lot of variations to a Flicker Strike build and ways to build Frenzy Charges. It is really based off of preference. Here's my other Flicker Strike build if you're interested.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2311306

This one is even better than this one since it has a more of a serious approach. Honestly, I only made this build because I had most of the items already available to me. I just thought it would be cool to run all of those auras/aspects/heralds altogether.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else. :)
[Build/Stream Thread]
I've been running a similar FS build for bout a week and have done quite a few tests about it.

15% chance of gaining up to your max number of frenzy charges (max charges in short) is far from enough if you're aiming at 100% frenzy charges uptime without any kills. My version was a 84% crit assassin with 45% chance max charges, and I believe this setup only has passed the requirement (of 100% uptime) just a little bit. Because when I reset my character to a 68% crit trickster, the number of frenzy charges started shifting. Sometimes the combo even got interrupted by continuous non-crit rolls.
"
I've been running a similar FS build for bout a week and have done quite a few tests about it.

15% chance of gaining up to your max number of frenzy charges (max charges in short) is far from enough if you're aiming at 100% frenzy charges uptime without any kills. My version was a 84% crit assassin with 45% chance max charges, and I believe this setup only has passed the requirement (of 100% uptime) just a little bit. Because when I reset my character to a 68% crit trickster, the number of frenzy charges started shifting. Sometimes the combo even got interrupted by continuous non-crit rolls.

This build is a bit outdated now, but I can say, once I got the Precuror's Emblem, I never ran out of Frenzy Charges or ever stopped randomly. I'm not saying it is 100% chance to keep your uptime. These are just percentages. The fact that this build wasn't even an Assassin and could still have enough crit to sustain with just some crit chance and Precursor's Emblem says enough. 15% is good enough to sustain with some decent amount of crit. You don't need to be an Assassin to do this.

I know that it isn't 100%, but it never has stopped for me since I used it. If anything, my other Flicker Strike build as a Duelist/Slayer has true 100% Frenzy Charge uptime using Oro's Sacrifice. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2311306

Since we have 100% ignite, that means it guarantees that we will get a Frenzy Charge when we ignite something with Oro's Sacrifice. Even on Shaper, you can get 100% ignite chance easily with jewels. Every time you Flicker, you're guaranteed to get a Frenzy Charge being the only TRUE permanent Frenzy Charge sustain/generation.

This build was more so a bit of meme build just because I wanted to use 5 mana reservation skills and also just because I had an Aul's Uprising. I would personally use my other Flicker Strike character for real end-game content.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

[Build/Stream Thread]
Is this build still viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info