Fallout 76

Are you guys looking into it?

This game got me very intrigued I'm really looking forward to try it with my friends and blow up some steam in it. I like the crafting and exploring and I think sharing it with other ppl is a +
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2018, 9:43:36 AM
Ah fuck that fallout.. :D

Havent finished f4 yet.. When you start playing its huge timesink and yet you forget about main quest and go do your own stuff and end up overplaying..

Game will be amazing, no doubt.. maybe with even more timesink walls..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Will have to see how it plays out.

I don't get it... The devs said that there are no NPC's in the game... everyone you talk to is a person.

Yet I'm seeing info that server sizes is 32 players?!

I'm pretty sure Fallout games have way more than 32 NPC's that drive the dialogue and story line.

It's really going to depend how it is executed. If it is another Battle Royale disguised as Fallout I'm probably gonna pass.
"
Prizy wrote:
Will have to see how it plays out.

I don't get it... The devs said that there are no NPC's in the game... everyone you talk to is a person.

Yet I'm seeing info that server sizes is 32 players?!

I'm pretty sure Fallout games have way more than 32 NPC's that drive the dialogue and story line.

It's really going to depend how it is executed. If it is another Battle Royale disguised as Fallout I'm probably gonna pass.

It has already been said multiple time, it's not a battle royale type of game. The story will be told throught papers and holotapes. Pretty much a la Bioshock, or just like in Diablo 1 where we could find poems and books all over the place that would tells a bits of lore and story everytime. I think it's a good way to approach it because I never liked bethesda stories. But I always thought they had their way into making very interesting world and build the lore and ambiance around it.
After Fallout 4 no. While F4 had a much better engine or more stability, it never came close to the NV experience.
Yep, totally over league play.
As soon as I heard it was MP only, I quickly discounted it. We need a new Elder Scrolls game. Something offline.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 20, 2018, 11:07:07 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
As soon as I heard it was MP only, I quickly discounted it. We need a new Elder Scrolls game. Something offline.

2021 at the earliest, sadly. Starfield is coming first. The good news is that TES6 will probably be a true next gen game and not cross gen.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

2021 at the earliest, sadly. Starfield is coming first. The good news is that TES6 will probably be a true next gen game and not cross gen.

Bethesda made a boatload of money off Skyrim, and you figure they'd be looking to push out a new TES game at least every 5-6 years. But it's looking like it's gonna be closer to 10 years in between TES games. I'm not counting TES Online.

I think TES with optional coop via steam friends would be neat, but it shouldn't be required for *any* content. Multiplayer on the side, rather that the entire game designed and balanced for multiplayer.

They should optimize it to run at 4k/60fps, on whatever the flagship Nvidia card is in 2021-2. Have 4k+ textures on everything, etc.

Even some textures on some of the more graphically appealing games, I can put them under a magnifying glass, and still play "count the pixels". Is that 8 bit Mario I see on my screen squashing a goomba?
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 20, 2018, 12:39:07 PM
Question: Is this the "Fallout MMO" that Bethesda and Interplay were fighting over for the legal rights?

Sorry for my ignorance, haven't been keeping up on gaming news.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love all the Fallout games (even Tactics) so I am definetly also playing Fallout 76. I would rather it just be singleplayer as the previous titles, but from what they have said, this is just a one-off thing they wanted to test, so lets see how it plays out.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info