[3.5] Alpha and Omega, Molten Strike Raider. League Starter and End Game Finisher

"
How would this build fare at farming Uber lab?

uber lab is a joke.
to farm u.lab i put on a queen of the forest and use things like smoke mine etc to really crank out your movement speed.
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 18, 2019, 5:12:23 AM
"
xMustard wrote:
"
How would this build fare at farming Uber lab?

uber lab is a joke.
to farm u.lab i put on a queen of the forest and use things like smoke mine etc to really crank out your movement speed.

Less about tanking the traps, more about zooming through. I like it. Also, is there any particular reason leap slam/cyclone is the movement skill of choice or can Whirling Blades take their place?
leap slam is usually preferred because it can traverse terrain where whirling blades cannot. but certainly you can use whirling blades

for lab i highly recommend charged dash. it is fantastic at navigating traps and such.

i only chose cyclone because its basically guaranteed to ignite and crit when used because it hits so fast and often. i also hate hate hate leap slam.
Hey there, what's your oppinion about using a loreweave as a compromise between kaoms and daressos? Got one lying around and it would break my heart to sell it ;) Primary goal is to delve some more- currently at around 300ish so I wont go into the 1000s or anything that hard
Last edited by daiur on Jan 20, 2019, 12:26:20 PM
loreweave is fine. the chest slot is basically free for whatever you want to use.
I want to give this build a try on hardcore. But how do I get more single-target dps for bosses?

I am lvl 35 right now and using the best 1-h weapons with the most damage I could find. Managed do to first lab - but Izaro fight was a heck because I lack of single-target dps.

Questing through is quite easy!! Thanks anyway for the guide, love to try new things and always played ranger as a "ranged" class :)

Please give me some advice.. thank you!!

Spoiler
My Gear:
Last edited by Skydiver89 on Jan 22, 2019, 4:33:30 PM
get a 4 link. thats basically all you can do at such a low level.

4 link with molten strike, multistrike, concentrated effect, ancestral call (swap to ele dmg with attacks for single target). now it'll just be dependent on your weapon.

also when leveling up i basically rushed to point blank and the first gem slot for the first wildfire. you may need to do it slightly differently so you're tanky enough for hardcore, but get point blank as soon as you can and acrobatics. then you can work on filling in tons of life nodes.

once you get cruel lab you shouldn't have much issue if you keep your life values high enough. the crazy high evasion and dodge should work well but you'll need enough life to soak up the damage you do take.
Spoiler
"
xMustard wrote:
get a 4 link. thats basically all you can do at such a low level.

4 link with molten strike, multistrike, concentrated effect, ancestral call (swap to ele dmg with attacks for single target). now it'll just be dependent on your weapon.

also when leveling up i basically rushed to point blank and the first gem slot for the first wildfire. you may need to do it slightly differently so you're tanky enough for hardcore, but get point blank as soon as you can and acrobatics. then you can work on filling in tons of life nodes.

once you get cruel lab you shouldn't have much issue if you keep your life values high enough. the crazy high evasion and dodge should work well but you'll need enough life to soak up the damage you do take.

OK... have a four link now - setup Molten strike, multistrice, anc call and ele dmg. but I can not switch for concentrated effect because it is a blue socket..?!

Basically for passives I did what you and also is in startet section, rushed for point blank and I am already on my way to second jewel slot. (Lv55 skilltree)

€: selfcraftet a 4-L life-helmet with RRRB and same setup only conc effect switched. So I can swap now...
Last edited by Skydiver89 on Jan 23, 2019, 2:58:33 AM
also you can check with pob, but a fast weapon should be priority and im pretty sure better than anything else, almost regardless of dps. AKA if you get a 1.2 atk spd weapon but it has 250 dps, you'd probably be better off with a 1.8 atk spd weapon and only 150 dps. its just because of how molten strike works and showcases your dps.

character sheet only shows the melee damage portion of the skill but all the damage is in the balls, so the higher the attack speed the more balls you can shoot out which will ultimately be better than higher damage but less balls.
This is my final version of your budget build. It's my first league ever and I hope to be better the next. It's DPS is literally a third of yours - so not too proud of representing your build, but I'm having fun and doing atlas completion now on T9.

Do you think I should even bother attempting uber elder? I don't think I'll be able to farm enough to make too many more upgrades so I'll try again the next league if I fail. Great build!

Online POB: https://poe.technology/poebuddy/94sjQmLF
POB: https://pastebin.com/94sjQmLF
Last edited by shizukesa92 on Jan 26, 2019, 7:10:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info