[3.5] Alpha and Omega, Molten Strike Raider. League Starter and End Game Finisher

given the prices of molten strike enchantment rare helmets (7+ ex) i just decided to pick up a kaom's and run my current helmet. i only lose 0.8 attacks per second without daresso's increased onslaught effect, but i gain over 1,300 hp so its worth it.

who knows. maybe its just worth it to save for a horror helm, or create your own and skip out on the enchantment again. maybe run lab and get lucky as a motherfucker.
I am like 60 chaos away from my Kaom’s Heart. Wish the price would come down a bit! I am broke after getting the helmet
usually best way to get a kaom's is to buy the cards
Hi, I'm a brand new player following this guide for Betrayal. I have a few questions, if you don't mind:

1) You seem to have dropped projectile weakness for Betrayal - is this deliberate and if so, why?

2) Would you recommend I swap out Anger for War Banner (as you did) if I want to maximize damage?

3) Is there a reason why you chose to link blasphemy support to enfeeble instead of projectile weakness?

Thank you for sharing this build, I'm having a lot of fun with it! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.
you can use whatever curse you want, but enfeeble helps you stay alive vs top tier content and delves. projectile weakness is a big dps boost but the knockback is actually annoying and hinders you

yes i would recommend swapping out anger and using war banner.
After having played this build since the first day of the season I have to thank you again for the guide, xMustard! It is such a nice change of pace in comparison to the Jugg I played last season.

I did however make some changes, mostly for quality of life and/or because of my personal preference. Maybe they will help others to experiment and make their own changes.

Helmet: I went for an Evasion base with the Merciless lab enchant (more affordable than the Uber Lab enchant). Then Fossil-crafted with Scorched/Pristine until I got decent Life/Resist rolls with the -Fire Res mod.

Movement: I opted to go with Leap Slam instead of Cyclone entirely for maximum speed. I just don't like Cyclone at all and Leap Slam with this level of attack speed & Onslaught feels amazing.

MS links: I removed the entire Combustion/Immolate combo and went with a Elemental Damage with Attacks link instead. It's of course a DPS loss (albeit small) but a huge quality of life gain to me, especially on Syndicate encounters. It felt clunky to me having to keep up Ignite with a different skill. With this setup I can activate the Beltimber Blades by dodging/moving with Leap Slam and not worry about Ignite at all. It fits the fast pace of the build much better to me.

Auras: As you said already: War Banner is fantastic for this build. I'm currently running Anger, Banner & HoA and plan to use a Watcher's Eye that supports both Anger and Grace (which I use as Vaal skill for an extra survivability boost). I don't feel like the defensive Blasphemy setup helped me much in surviving later content. Even less so on bosses. Mana gets a little tight this way but so far I had no real issues even without an Enlighten.

Gear:
Last edited by ShawnGood on Dec 29, 2018, 1:18:05 PM
yup all of those things you've changed are very good options.

your aura setup is essentially the highest DPS version you can possibly get. last league i played blasphemy enfeeble (so far this league too) because it absolutely helped in delves. the rest of the game its essentially not necessary, but in deep delves i'd say its required. given how often you can delve in this league so far, yeah skipping out on it is fine.

yup thats basically what i've wanted to do in this league. get 6L daresso's and basically the same helmet. i just haven't been playing the game the last few days. server issues during prime hours stops me from progressing.

glad you like the build, hope it serves you well. i'll probably move on to something different next league, getting kinda sick of playing this build over and over again lol.
just have to figure out what else i'd like to play.
Hey! Is there a reason why you originally chose projectile weakness instead of flammability? A very similar guide to yours on another site (https://sites.google.com/view/thetwilightstrand/guided-builds/guided-slayer) picks flammability over projectile weakness.

Thanks again for the great build! Am having fun with it even as a newbie this league
you can choose whatever. projectile weakness is more dps but it is annoying against things that can be knocked back if their in a big room. pinning a boss against a wall with all your projectiles though will also be a secondary huge boost in dps
Hey, yesterday I respecced my Pathfinder to this Raider build, with main purpouse to farm Shaper Guardians - not sure if its right build to do so.

I dont have helmet enchant
I dont have boots enchant
I have mostly 20/0 gems
Using Kaom's instead of Daresso (worring about life tho...)
Don't have watcher's (can't afford double Anger one)
Don't have gripped base gloves
For boss fight I swapped Ancestral Call to 20/20 WED.

Still... damage on mino (without any crazy mods) was so low, this fight took forever and after I died once I couldn't get back to fight because of slow and died 5 more times. Guess Kaom's Roots may help here?

I have currency to invest, but will those things I listed above give me so significant dmg boost Ill be able to farm Shaper Guardians easy? Some weapon corruptions? Are there any other things I should improve? take a look at my character if you have a moment please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info