[3.5] Scold Snap™ - a low-life league starter Cold Snap Occultist

"
heehaw2002 wrote:
Does Vaal coldsnap and regular coldsnap dot stack?

yes it does.
Iam running the octavian0 guide about life based occultist

He did uber elder on day 3.

Insane cheap and tanky with lots of dps

Bayern des samma mia
With the absurd amounts of chaos damage and rippiness from Syndicate encounters, is CI maybe not better than lowlife this league?
"
Socaro wrote:
I would recommend trickster for hybrid life unless u plan on switching to ci/low life, great survi and dmg

I'll consider it, thanks!
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
zeroad12x wrote:

Replacing Empower lvl 3 with Swift Afflictions deals more damage. Only use Empower when it's lv 4.

Are you sure that Bonechill wouldn't be even better? Probably a bit less damage, but that drawback on Swift Affliction makes it look so damn unappealing to me.

Already got Bonechill on other other spell. My Cold Snap currently last 8 sec without it. With Swift Affliction it last 7.25 sec with around 15-20% dmg boost. Individual preferences I guess.
"
zeroad12x wrote:
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
zeroad12x wrote:

Replacing Empower lvl 3 with Swift Afflictions deals more damage. Only use Empower when it's lv 4.

Are you sure that Bonechill wouldn't be even better? Probably a bit less damage, but that drawback on Swift Affliction makes it look so damn unappealing to me.

Already got Bonechill on other other spell. My Cold Snap currently last 8 sec without it. With Swift Affliction it last 7.25 sec with around 15-20% dmg boost. Individual preferences I guess.

You know, when you put it that way it really doesn't sound too bad at all... *strokes beard*.

I'm down to give it another try at some point.
I have hybrid trickster and now i did ll occ but even with higher eHp i feel tric is safer, mana problems on occ make gameplay a bit clunky and biggest problem o feel is when something hit u hard and u cant run away for your es to start recharging. I was using cinderswallow witch helped guite a lot but not having something like instant life flask is quite annoying and ripping
"
Smogs wrote:
With the absurd amounts of chaos damage and rippiness from Syndicate encounters, is CI maybe not better than lowlife this league?

IMO it doesn't matter, with low life you can push the damage of this build to a point where these syndicate bosses fall in 2-3 secs.
If I am popping my vaal RF I have around 4m dot dps for about 4 seconds(with everything ontop of each other), which is more than enough to shred even t15 bosses in a few glimps.
1) What is the reason we 6L snap instead of vortex? When it seems like vortex is being used more often?

2) Is storm brand better than Orb at applying curses?
Last edited by heehaw2002 on Dec 16, 2018, 9:58:48 AM
"
heehaw2002 wrote:
1) What is the reason we 6L snap instead of vortex? When it seems like vortex is being used more often?

2) Is storm brand better than Orb at applying curses?

I agree with you, I also beefed up vortex for clear and use vaal cold snap only for bosses.

Storm Brand should work nice for cursing, I personaly use it for spreading Elemental Equilibrium, which works also perfectly smooth.
But since you can keep this build running smoothly on low mana whith flask charges I would just use blasphemy for your curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info