Craft Competition Highlights

"
April_Spades wrote:

Glad y'all like the ring! Just thought I'd stop by to say that I've still got plenty of brass stock left. If enough people are interested I could probably make 10-15 more and put em up for sale!

Yes please, I am interested :-) (seriously!)
Visit me on my homepage: https://www.gletschernadel.de
good job exiles
Not too shabby ;)
Yummy I like those cookies.
Lucky me I already know whos going to make me some map cookies and since she totally loves cupcakes, i might just be able to create some rare alt art cupcakes too.

For the rest a bit of info wouldve been nice such as what kind of materials/tools were used where it isnt as obvious as lets say in the burial Chambers one.
Handsaw, drill or w/e at home or actually a cnc machine or some other kind of advanced tools most likely at work or such.
The rough part of the surface on that coin already been like that or was that selfmade?

The ventors as an example is a nice reminder for me about a former failed attempt of mine. Thx for that, I abandoned that idea long ago somehow.
I made a ventors when they were new, but it never really felt well wearing it cause of the shape/size.
Was wondering what was used to create the one in the picture and if it actually wears nicely over a full day.
The hole for the finger goes exactly or almost to the 45° angles framing the flats, thats something I shoulve done too obv. as mine is a bit oversized for my taste.
It would need to become smaller so it actually fits better in between the small and middle fingers without forcing me to keep them slightly spread.

And ill definately have to rework the inside too somehow, as it doesnt really feel that great even without any sharp edges I had at 1st.
Was thinking of giving the inside a bit of a shape such as |)x(| X= finger, on the inside. Idea is to have it shaped more like a regular ring on the inside for more comfort when actually wearing it.
Ill actually try this on my old one as its just serving as yet another dustcatcher in a shelf atm.
And if that fails I get to at least make a proper one from scratch.
Specially like the surface on the posted Version, polished flat + kinda shiny/polished looking holes for the eyes didnt look that great either on mine.

btw. has anyone made one of the chaos orb keyrings himself?
Mine got lost cause (sorry GGG but AS USUAL!) the material was cheap trash.
Would love to make a new one myself but im not really sure about the best method to create that surface in a possibly original way.
I mean it actually was cheap shit they heat up, dumped into a form, let it cool off and voila done. all you Need is the "negative" for that kinda of process, but i would actually have to cut things out.
And the original had a weathered old and worn out look that im not really sure about. didnt really do much with acids/corroding things or other chemical procedures that might be used to work with metal surfaces yet.
Last edited by SmokeYaSs on Oct 3, 2018, 12:39:11 PM
omg... i WANT that CLOCK !!! so awsome !!

the resonators are super awesome. would buy
"You did move, but there was no time at which you were moving, because your movement took 0 time." - Mark_GGG
amazing
now this is quality content
Oblivious
Admin, where I can find the reference to check and understand all the meaning of all symbols, ancient fonts, etc that used in maps, aura, etc.
AMAZING

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info