Some More Delve Improvements

36 challange done, 300+ delve and no one timeworn reliquary key drop, GG...thanks for game.
"
MNNoxMortem wrote:

Edit: Just saw Baeclast#27 where TarkeCat argues how important the lockout to delve is and thinking about it, I totally agree. I am super interested into seeing which choice GGG will make to improve this.

Linking a 3h long video is not helpful without a timestamp. Could you please provide one?
I apologize so much for having linked the video without a timestamp. Stupid me :(.

However, I've updated the above link to Baeclast#28 Minute 1h:31m where they start the topic: How accessible should Delve be. At 1h:41m Tarkecat brings the icecream and slotmachine argument, where he compares how much value a single slotmachine credit has to you as a kid if you get one a week vs how quickly you will burn through if someone gives you too many credits.

This is his prime argument on why there must be some lock to any nice content we want to play for a long time compared to something which is accessible anyhow only for a few days/weeks/a race.

Nugi argues against that, as Labrunners do the very same content day-after-day but I'm with Tarkecat here as I am definetly one who has more fun if I can do two things a day instead of one thing twice over a longer period of time.
Last edited by MNNoxMortem on Oct 10, 2018, 12:55:58 PM
Great
critical Ops hack tool
So, we'll have to wait until something is done with Delve... I mean something else than nothing.
"
Playing Delve less and less.. just can't go on running maps. Doing T16s and shaped T15s from zana for 6 chaos - can't get enough Sulphite for Delving. Have been running maps for two days - how the fuck is that different from a standard league?

Even when get to Delve - so much is open, can't find shit. Where is the search option for Delve?

Been with PoE since beta 2012, never has seen such a wonderful league concept done so halfassed.

And the patch is only to nerf sulphite, quarry, taxi - no improvements to Delve whatsoever.

When it is more fun to complain about the game then to actually play it...

+1 High hopes dashed,even after 3 gig of patches,hotfixes..Back to Std,,maybe next league...
Some mornings it's not worth chewing the straps off...
"
MNNoxMortem wrote:
I apologize so much for having linked the video without a timestamp. Stupid me :(.

However, I've updated the above link to Baeclast#28 Minute 1h:31m where they start the topic: How accessible should Delve be. At 1h:41m Tarkecat brings the icecream and slotmachine argument, where he compares how much value a single slotmachine credit has to you as a kid if you get one a week vs how quickly you will burn through if someone gives you too many credits.

This is his prime argument on why there must be some lock to any nice content we want to play for a long time compared to something which is accessible anyhow only for a few days/weeks/a race.

Nugi argues against that, as Labrunners do the very same content day-after-day but I'm with Tarkecat here as I am definetly one who has more fun if I can do two things a day instead of one thing twice over a longer period of time.

Let me paraphrase:

"Here play some shit content and keep playing. You can do super fun stuff for very limited amounts of time. We would like to limit the really good content so you keep playing our game for long time."

Dumb argument couched in fancy terminology is still a dumb argument.
Affliction current league:

I feel that the developers really missed something huge here, by not adding wisp nodes to delve.

The how to do it is simple, random chance for wisp node to spawn 1 per bio dome max, and once the wisp node is completed it "effects" cover each remaining node in that specific bio dome. It doesn't need to be on the outer edge of bio dome. It doesn't need to be at the top, that really gives delve a challenge, when you have to go the long route around to hit the specific node, before you farm out the bio dome. I really think the player base would enjoy this a lot.

I've been playing since ritual, and I mainly delve, I enjoy it, but it's starting to get kind of stale, there have not been any significant changes to the delve process since I started.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info