The truth about farming Burial Chambers every league...

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"Why do people enjoy things I don't enjoy"

not really a question of why. why is easy. different people, different preferences.
for me the question is how. i don't get enjoyment out of things like farming burial chambers so im curious "how" its fun for others, because i don't understand.

"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG should put doctor cards in torture chamber.

haha ya that would wreck things.

im curious if this league anyone has tested going full quant burial chambers vs going full rarity nemesis league on any map to see which is faster to get a headhunter.
you guys must be brain dead to farm this only one map for days. sometime I spam 2-3 of them and i'm like f*ck this shit.
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG should put doctor cards in torture chamber.

Exactly my thoughts.
Community Free Forum Crafting in RITUAL LEAGUE: thread/3010276
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

not really a question of why. why is easy. different people, different preferences.
for me the question is how. i don't get enjoyment out of things like farming burial chambers so im curious "how" its fun for others, because i don't understand.

I would imagine the thrill of getting the cards to drop would be the attraction, and I think the idea of stepping back in difficulty and pumping mf makes people feel like they are cheating the game in some sense. Finally there is something to be said for doing something mindlessly while watching netflix or w/e.
I dont think I've ever farmed anything. Seriously you can get 92-93 never repeating a single map and thats usually enough for me.

What I mean to say is I'm bored AF after 157 maps. Time for new league.

couldnt imagine running 100s of same map. If I wanted a HH i'd go to trade and flip margins while playing all maps.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 29, 2018, 10:22:33 PM
having decided in incursion to try to make some real currency, i ran quite a few burial chambers. didnt count how many (maybe thats why it didnt drive me insane?) the reason people do it is simple biology: doctor card is the trigger, not the reward. what does it trigger? BRAIN DRUGS!!!! but that is really why we do anything. we do something, that something rewards us with BRAIN DRUGS!!!, and then we feel good.

when you DO get that doctor card, it drives you to run it again for the BRAIN DRUGS!!! and then its basically a gambling addiction in which the odds are stacked in your favor instead of the houses favor.
Last edited by burninbeard on Sep 30, 2018, 2:22:55 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

Exactly.

However, I can see why people go and watch movies I don't enjoy, or to concerts of bands I hate, drive a car I don't like etc.

But repeating the same thing over and over (and over and probably over) again... I have to draw a line there. I don't get it.
Even things I like doing... doing them over and over again takes the fun out of it (for me).

Well, yeah, if they enjoy doing it, why not? I just don't understand how playing this game, that by now has so much content, that way can be any fun. To each their own, I guess.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
doctor cards should drop realm wide only.

have them drop in certain locations defeats the original intention to provide the ability to farm very specific uniques some builds definitely need.

also, mf farming has ever been intended to be a risk/reward scheme which is totally missing the risk part in low level speed mf farming.

ggg got lazy in adressing those issues and players being accustomed to these schemes will not like a nerf, as always. in case ggg sees it as a problem of course.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
have the doctor drop in boss only kills :D
"
Molochmane wrote:
have the doctor drop in boss only kills :D

Considering it's for a Headhunter, that would actually make sense. Want to get a Headhunter? Go and kill the biggest baddies around.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info