3.4 Inpulsa's Freeze/Shock Molten Strike Elementalist - LGoH Tank and Speed Delver

hi guys! so whats the best 6th support gem? i guess hypothermia is better for clearing while immolate has more single target dps?
Last edited by farminghoeninja on Oct 12, 2018, 4:18:35 PM
It depends on your abyss jewels. Best option is to import your setup into POB but short answer is if you have really solid ele dmg to attack jewels then go with hypothermia.

Immolate will be better if your jewels arent very good but once you get so much added ele dmg to attacks you want to start scaling more multipliers like hypothermia.
Also I would drop your HH for the Aul fight and the Vinktars, Dying sun for ruby and sapphire or bassalt flask with a freeze immune and 100% in evasion rating mods, all unique flasks are very hard to keep up in a boss fight and you dont have a freeze immune flask. Also for the belt could grab a life stygian for extra jewel socket or try out a belt of the deciever for the reduced extra dmg with crits. You want to mitigate that ele pen mod as much as possible with the fire and cold res flasks.
Any tips on completing Uber Labs with this build? Just stock up on life flasks and take your time? Any recommended respecs or easy life regen gear that will help?
Yeah man I actually did uber lab at lvl 75 solo which I havent been able to do on any other builds. Just take out ur blood rage gem and make sure you have that life regen node in the duelist area next to the 10% life node. Also I put in a flame dash just to help with movement but uber lab is pretty simple on the build. Just drop ur totem and avoid is 1 shot slam. Should be able to instaphase him but the big slam can wreck you for like 7k so shield charge away when that's coming.

UPDATE: also because of a new job opportunity I wont be playing POE for some time so feel free to ask questions still but I wont be updating the guide, also tried out the grelwood with a lioneyes shield. 7.4k life and just as tanky. Damage was noticeably less but I'd say it's a very solid budget option.
Last edited by RainsPoE on Oct 14, 2018, 11:33:58 PM
"
Yeah man I actually did uber lab at lvl 75 solo which I havent been able to do on any other builds. Just take out ur blood rage gem and make sure you have that life regen node in the duelist area next to the 10% life node. Also I put in a flame dash just to help with movement but uber lab is pretty simple on the build. Just drop ur totem and avoid is 1 shot slam. Should be able to instaphase him but the big slam can wreck you for like 7k so shield charge away when that's coming.

UPDATE: also because of a new job opportunity I wont be playing POE for some time so feel free to ask questions still but I wont be updating the guide, also tried out the grelwood with a lioneyes shield. 7.4k life and just as tanky. Damage was noticeably less but I'd say it's a very solid budget option.

Thanks for the reply! Really loving the build otherwise. That pop when everything explodes all at once is so satisfying :D
Hey! cool build, got a question tho:

What do you think how much would not taking elementalist slow down that clear?
I guess neither of those ailments spreading that much is slowing it down for sure but maybe it would still chain with those explosions and heralds?
So.. the reason for elementalist and explosions is due to the spreading of ailments. If you attack a pack and hit shock/freeze the first guy that's automatically spread throughout the pack. You could chain explosions but they would chain maybe to 1 or 2 monsters in a pack as they will each have to roll ur chance to shock/freeze. Going crit here would be ur best bet for the higher chance.

You could try on another ascendency but for clear you will need to socket in ele prolif to get the packs to pop. Ele prolif is a wasted gem dps wise and the radius is 50% less than elemen ascendency.

Maybe a deadeye using chain would be cool? Slayer/Elemen scion for overleech and Vaal pact would be pretty strong. You'll have trouble running a tri herald setup since you wont have the reduced mana from ascendency. At that point youd probably just want to scale a generic MS char and use the Inpulsa pops for clear. If your looking for chains heres a few ideas:

If you wanna go for something a little different use a Call of the brotherhood ring to convert part of the inpulsa explosion to cold damage to proc Herald of Ice like the abberaths hooves insulsa bomber build.

Random weird idea could be to play occultust and use a Voltaxic Rift to convert to chaos and use the chaos pops from occultust. Youd have to go say RoA to get any good clear single target tho, and I have no idea if this would be good.
Last edited by RainsPoE on Oct 19, 2018, 1:35:57 AM
Hi, I hit 95 today and have a couple of question regarding bossing setup.
I assume I need to replace to the following from the mapping setup:
- +3 proj helm with life/res
- life/wed belt

Now for gem setups do you think I should remove HoI altogether for a defensive aura or should I just keep it without links. I might lack some gem slots assuming I use kaom's roots/2socket bubonics.

I know we invest in effect of shock in abyss jewels, is this only good for clearing or is it also important for bossing? Would it be better to have flat ele dmg over shock effect?

Is stacking the same element for flat ele jewels (cold/fire/lightning) netter or does it not matter? I'm not sure if this build scales on fire because we're using molten strike or lightning because it's the highest damage.
Hi, do you think Reave would work instead of Molten strike? Is there a lot of thing to change if i want to swap those skills?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info