The Apocalypse Microtransactions Are Now Available in Store

"
Synopse wrote:
"
Moribundus wrote:

Roman you say?

is this Roman enough for you? :)
Yes, Sir! And I own it. Check my badges. :)
But it is a rare gem.

"
Moribundus wrote:
You also say WEe don't need some fantasy packs, well, believe it or not, there are players that love those. And if there would be a Britney Spears or Barrack Obama MTX believe it or not, ppl would buy those too.
Just like you do have your own taste so do the others too.
There is a difference between fantasy and matrix/robots/deadpool, isn't it? But yes, taste is different. I hate genre cross-overs. Others love them. GGG sofar sticked with dark fantasy and with this box they explored a new direction different from everything else they did.

"
Moribundus wrote:
Also several of the latest Armour sets are pretty minimal-fantasy ones and look realistic and fitting.
Yes. I like many of them. Yet, no Roman or Greek.

"
Moribundus wrote:
If I would try to catch you on your very own arguments:
"We don't need deadpool and matrix clones in this game." since they are out of the PoE universum, right?
How does a Roman or Greek theme merge with PoE?
Sarn and the empire is inspired by Roman and Greek history. Pretty obvious.

"
Moribundus wrote:

It's not everything just black or white.
Best is a balance between both of them, if everything would be just one style/theme/type it would become boring after a while.
A blend is for all who are afraid of pure taste. I disagree, but we not necessarily have to agree. Anyway, PoE is already a hugh mix of different themes but all were located in a historically inspired dark fantasy genre. Matrix is science fiction. Deadpool is super hero. How does this connect with the original, if not create another blend. Yes, I am very strict on this, but my impression was that GGG is also very strict on this. But yes, taste is different and times are changing, you know.

"
Moribundus wrote:
GGG also doesn't keeps adding like ton of out-of-place MTXs, there are several ones, but compared to the amount of in-theme-fitting ones, the amount of fantasy mtx is irrelevant.
We can agree that the out-of-place MTX are the minority. This loot box is definity a candidate for me. Thenagain, we not necessarily have to agree on this.

well said, can't disagree.

Although, one point that might change a bit your view on the "matrix/deadpool" style.
There is quite some content in PoE that is indeed fictional and out of "standard" themes as the Roman/Greek/Polynesian civilizations are.

The Steampunk world.

half of the PoE story is based on it or sort of it, machines, time travel, porting to Oriath, etc.

Oh, and there is the ... how to name it, the filosophy that ancient civilizations as the Maya/Egyptian etc. had technology to disposal, like airplanes, cosmic suits, etc. That said, the "deadpool" suit, is just an Maya God servant, or w/e. if you know what I mean. (reading Erich von Däniken, author of couple of interesting alternative belief books might shed some light into it)
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Last edited by Moribundus on Sep 25, 2018, 3:18:15 PM
"
Moribundus wrote:
well said, can't disagree.

Although, one point that might change a bit your view on the "matrix/deadpool" style.
There is quite some content in PoE that is indeed fictional and out of "standard" themes as the Roman/Greek/Polynesian civilizations are.

The Steampunk world.

half of the PoE story is based on it or sort of it, machines, time travel, porting to Oriath, etc.

Oh, and there is the ... how to name it, the filosophy that ancient civilizations as the Maya/Egyptian etc. had technology to disposal, like airplanes, cosmic suits, etc. That said, the "deadpool" suit, is just an Maya God servant, or w/e. if you know what I mean. (reading Erich von Däniken, author of couple of interesting alternative belief books might shed some light into it)
Yes, the good old steampunk. Actually, I can live with that, if it is not too close to modern technology.

You are right that there are some theories on ancient technology which where similar to ours (or even beyond, brought by aliens and what else you can imagine). The ideas are fantasic and an interesting read but yet many if not all of these hypotheses lack of solid proof and therefor are very controversal. Let's say that I am more convinced by the classic hypotheses. :)
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Unseensenpai wrote:
Thats skins really good. We wanna super stash tab sale soon !

Yes please!
"
wylievc wrote:
"
Unseensenpai wrote:
Thats skins really good. We wanna super stash tab sale soon !

Yes please!

Every three weeks. So go find the last one, count three weeks, bume done.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Is this a Probe from SC?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info