Help my witch :)

Hi guys

I just started playing the game. Got a standart league lev 75 witch elementarist.

I dont really know how to go ahead at this point. Feels like I got 1 hitted by a lot of things when I am going for t3 maps for example.

Tried to find some guides for my class but most of them seem outdated or for FAR better equipped characters. Cant compare my witch with those and got like nothing of the stuff they are using in their builds. Most beginner guides I found feel just outdated or got just different things they talked about. So I am trying to find help here.

Upgraded my gear as good as I could with the available lev 25(?) enchantments and sitting at

950 Armor
Resis between 30 and 55
1800 tp
1500 shield

I know thats "nothing" but that is what I can get at the moment.
Dont really know how I do get better enchantments and if I am running too many unique Items which cant be enchanted ?

Using those skills:

"frost Bomb" for single target and ae (with "frozen trail" jewel which gives me 2 extra bolts)
"cold snap" for ae
"frostbite" to debuff
"flame dash"
"purity of elements"
"summon chaos golem"

Just doing tier 1 and 2 maps at the moment and did not do the last labyrinth (lev 55 or 66?)

I am thankful for everyones thought. Just dont really know how to go on with this character.
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2018, 2:07:40 PM
Well, we can't see your character.

Go to your profile options and make your character tab visible - then we can take a look and help you.

The information you provided is really generic and unspecific.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Go to your profile options and make your character tab visible - then we can take a look and help you.

ah never mind. account got deleted by linking it to my steam. Best mechanics ever lol, gonna go to play something else i guess :D
Last edited by iliatha on Sep 23, 2018, 8:09:44 AM
"
iliatha wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

ok thanks, did that and linked my steam account to my forum account. Hope that works now ^

nope, not quite yet. you need to make your characters visible. not just the character tab.
Okay - here we go. Account got restored AND theres my character :D
"
iliathaX wrote:
Okay - here we go. Account got restored AND theres my character :D

still cant see them... ^^'''

That's how its supposed to look like.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 24, 2018, 10:36:28 AM
should work, it resetted after my account got repaired but now it looks like your pic.
"
iliathaX wrote:
should work, it resetted after my account got repaired but now it looks like your pic.

Works now.

And oh boy. Your Character is a mess. Haha.

I think the first thing you need to understand is how skillgems and links work in this game.
How you can get sockets on your gear with the different kind of crafting orbs etc.

Tbh there is so much wrong that it's kinda hard to start somewhere. Its kinda clear you do not quite understand what is important to go for and what not - and I don't even talk about the talent tree yet.

I would highly encourage you to pick a starter friendly Build - Maybe the good old Whispering-Ice Build? And follow that blindly along.

You will pick up a lot of mechanics of the game and how it works if you do that on your own. I can gift you a Whispering Ice Staff in game for free if you wanna pick that build up. (I think currently its mostly played as a Scion, but it also works perfectly well for an Elementalist Witch -> so take a look at the scion forum if you want)

For more immediate understanding I think its important to know that there are 3 types of skillgems in the game.

1. Active Skill Gems. -> Thats your Fireball, or your Essence Drain or any Spell really that you activly cast. Hence Active Skill Gem. There is more to them and they have different categories (spells and attacks) - but more on that another time.
2. Support Gems -> Those are skills that need to be linked(!) with an Active Skill Gem and then *support* that Active Skill Gem. For example item rarity, or Elemental Focus etc. The examples I just gave make the active skill gem they are linked to drop more rare items or let them do more elemental damage.
3. Buffs and Auras -> Those are abilities that you active once and then stay active. They tend to reserve a certain amount of your mana to stay active. They give you an buff thats active as long as the buff-skill is active. Those are usually Herlalds, Auras of all kinds etc. Those too can be supported with SupportGems, but it usually works a bit different for them. Hold off from going into that though for now.

What you should focus on in the game is chooseing one Active Skill you like. Something like Arc, or Rain of Fire etc -> and then try to get as many linked sockets to support that skill. 5 Support sockets are usually the maximum.

Your chestpiece can usually have 6 sockets and they also can all be linked. It's increasingly expensive though to have and link more and more sockets.
A two handed weapon can also have 6 sockets. 1 handed weapons can each have 3 sockest and head, hands and boots respectivly also can have 4 sockets each.

That means that your 'main' ability - the ability you focus on, should go into your chest or staff so it can have the most support gems and be your strongest ability.

People usually put other supplementary things into the 4 and 3links on their gear. Like Auras, Buffs or movement abilities.
Hey, thank you!
Well I know about the gems, half of them are in some sockets to level them up. I posted the Skills I use in my 1st post.

But yea, will try to get better items to link more gems for lesser skills.
Did not really find armor with more blue sockets.. i think :)

But the build you are suggesting is interesting for me, would like to try that! All actual builds i could find on yt seemed like unreachable for me. If I can get the things together I need I will try it, of course!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info