[3.4] Precuror's Emblem - PERMA FLICKER STRIKE - Crit-Claw Raider

UPDATES

9/22/2018: Big update
9/18/2018: Created build guide

CONCEPT

I use Raider's 20% frenzy on hit/kill with two of these Precuror's Emblem rings that give me 15% chance to get max frenzies (30% total) to achieve semi-perma flicker, even against bosses.

Let's break down how "permanent" the flickering really is versus a single unique boss:

-- Flicker strike hits 3 times per use (because of multistrike)
-- Every use, a frenzy charge is consumed
-- Raider gets 20% chance to gain a frenzy charge on hit
-- The rings give 30% total chance of getting max frenzies when you gain a frenzy
-- Therefore, 14% of the hits, you get 1 frenzy
-- 6% of the hits, you get your max frenzies

It turns out that this is practically sufficient to maintain charges for most fights. Having high accuracy helps to not miss. If you miss, you dont hit, thus your chance of getting a frenzy is 0%. Also, casting orb of storms (power charge on crit or curse on hit) helps to get in extra hits for potential frenzy gains.

However, every once in a while, your charges will run out, and you will have to use the frenzy skill to gain back charges. You need to use frenzy when entering a new map too.

How permanent is it compared to other perma-flicker builds? Oro's and Red trail flicker are actually permanent. Terminus Est is not so permanent. I'd place this build in between Oros/Red trail and Terminus.

BUILD PROS/CONS

Pros
-- A new variant of perma-flicker that uses Delve-specific unique items
-- Can be high DPS with investment (I'm about 2mil vs shaper)
-- Blazing fast, faster than your average flicker
-- No worrying about bleeding (compared to red trail flicker)
-- No need to hold clumsy 2-hand weapons (compared to Oro's/Terminus)

Cons
-- Flicker is NOT delve-viable! But you can swap with another skill to delve. I use double strike.
-- The ascendancy and ring slots are pretty much locked in
-- Sometimes, you run out of charges

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

In all these videos, pay attention to my frenzy sustain.

Lv91 Update

Lv50 Update

PATH OF BUILDING (Endgame Example)

1.8mil DPS vs Shaper. This is only tentative. My build is not complete yet. They key swap for shaper is to turn off blood rage and use damage on full life instead of melee splash.

https://pastebin.com/K8c8Sgx0

LEVELING (Gear, Passive Trees)
Spoiler

I used molten strike to level but anything you like is fine. You can switch to flicker at lv 49. That is when you can equip the Precursor's Emblem rings. When you switch, make sure to use herald of ash, herald of purity, blood rage, and frenzy. Use orb of storms-curse on hit-vulnerability (gives you extra chance for frenzies on hit). I highly recommend using a 5 or 6 link. The flicker 6 link in order is:

Flicker - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Phys - Maim - Ruthless

LV72 is when you're done with leveling, because that is when you can equip gemini claws.

******************************************************************************* PASSIVE TREES

This is only tentative. I have strength/int/res issues that I want to try to partly solve with the tree.

LV49 Tree (This is when you can start using the rings and flicker)

LV91 Tree

******************************************************************************* BASIC GEAR at LV26

******************************************************************************* LEVELING WEAPONS

Just dual wield the highest DPS unique claw you can equip based on the level requirements. I used these in order, but there are a few other options:

ENDGAME SETUP
Spoiler
******************************************************************************* Weapon Choices

Why claws? Well, specifically gemini claws. Gemini claws are the only weapons in the game to have the 14 mana on hit implicit. I think this is the best way to sustain your mana because flicker has very high mana cost along with raider's fast attack speed.

You can get a traditional high-phys DPS gemini claw + shield. You will be tankier with that route. But I went with dual-wielding claws with "phys as extra cold/lightning" mods on them. I think this is the best route for maximum DPS, even better than dual-wielding 2 pure phys claws.

If you want to do the "phys as extra cold/lightning" route, the market for these claws is scant so you'll probably have to craft them. Get an item lvl 80+ Shaper gemini claw and use the jagged fossil (one that gives you more phys mods). "phys as extra cold/lightning" mods counts as phys, so it works well.

This is my endgame mapping setup:

This is tentative. I don't consider my build "complete" just yet. More details later.

These are tools/swaps for tough bosses like Shaper:
(coming soon)

Bandits/Pantheon
Bandits: 2 Passives or Alira. I took Alira.
Pantheon: Choose what you like. I'm using Arakaali and Yugul.

My Other Build Guides

Crit Dual-Wield CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain (Delve League Starter)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201938

BUILD-OF-THE-WEEK Apep's Trickster Flicker Strike
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2168614
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Sep 24, 2018, 1:17:27 AM
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2019, 11:36:17 AM
Great Build! Thanks ;)
Great build, I am leveling this, now I'm in 5 act and it feels great. I was thinking about switching to Vaal Reave when delving, what do u think?
"
YoRasta wrote:
Great build, I am leveling this, now I'm in 5 act and it feels great. I was thinking about switching to Vaal Reave when delving, what do u think?

Nice! yea reave will work! It helps if u swapped the offhand too tho, because reave can use statsticks
Dude, there are rings with 30% chance to gain max frenzies...
Saw yesterday cheapest for 2 Ex and 2nd was for 19Ex.

I will probably try this build, btw since you are flickering away isnt better to use Blade vortex and bring hit/curse with you as you jump on every mob? :) Since blade spins around you and also hiting mobs as you blink/teleport from mob to mob.
"
M1M1TUS wrote:
Dude, there are rings with 30% chance to gain max frenzies...
Saw yesterday cheapest for 2 Ex and 2nd was for 19Ex.

I will probably try this build, btw since you are flickering away isnt better to use Blade vortex and bring hit/curse with you as you jump on every mob? :) Since blade spins around you and also hiting mobs as you blink/teleport from mob to mob.

yea 30% exist. 45% is possible too. even better is the 10% frenzy on hit versions. they all cost a fortune.

i feel like blade vortex wont hit that often while flickering but u can try.
hi bro,pls call price 2 ring?

no alternative two rings?

ty.
Any info on what kind of jewels you use?
"
KinzokuX10 wrote:
Any info on what kind of jewels you use?

focus on crit multi is priority.

you can also get life, res, or increased damage
Never played flickers before. Used this one as starting point to build mine, but did some changes. So far so fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptR7ehOMWu8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info