(3.6) Katmos’s bosskiller necromantic agoniser guide (videos attached)

I burned out from playing the game. I'll take a break 'till the beginning of the next league.
So, the build will not be updated for a while, but I will return to play the character in Standard league, as there I have some unused Guardian maps and I plan to test them with this build, too.
I'm trying this out and I've got Bones of Ullr for mid leveling due to the movement bonus and more spectre/zombies. Useful item to mention for leveling.
Indeed, it would be good, but just as a leveling item.
Out of curiosity, what's your skill button setup look like? There's a fair number more apparent buttons than there are spots for them.
Right mouse button (RMB) is the most used skill: wither (it auto-casts ball lightning)

Middle mouse button is the offering skill - you will use it frequently, but not as much as wither - just buff your minions from time to time.

Q is convocation - useful in labs and incursions (and some delves, too)

W is blink arrow, for mobility.

E,R and T are panic buttons - when you get close to the boss, cast the decoy totem to get his attention away from you. Because you have to move faster than the boss, you don't have time to search for the right key on your keyboard - grouping them all near makes sure you will hit the right spell, even if miss the precise spot. This way, you just press left and below your row of flasks without looking or searching for them, and you're sure to get the decoy totem going, then all your minions on top of the boss.

The other skills are used outside of combat, thus hidden. You summon your minions in your hideout, then get to the map with them all already summoned. Of course, the agony minion self-summons when you poison enemies (cast wither on them with RMB).

Remember, this build is made for brain-use, not fast-speed button pressing. It all goes very smooth without the need to have the experience only streamers have, in order to avoid hard bosses. Those players manually dodge every attack very fast and get arthritis, while you just use your brain (or the ideas in the build), relax, and make the boss not even engage your character (so busy it is with all your minions, he-he)
Last edited by katmos on Jan 8, 2019, 3:11:01 PM
Another useful leveling bit, I've got a couple guard captain spectres from act 5, they have the 'shield charge and fortify on hit' thing going for them, so they're p retty good until I can get to act 9.
Correct.
The spectres that I recommended are end-game ones, not the ones used for levelling.
During levelling, you can do whatever you want (even respec an entire character!). It's a free world, after all! (or it should be, anyway...)
"
katmos wrote:
It's a free world, after all! (or it should be, anyway...)

Those core supporter packs suggest otherwise :o
Updated the build with more possibilities to massively upgrade damage.
Hooray for more than 15 000 views !!!

Thank you a lot, it feels really good to know that your ideas can help others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info