[3.4] The DarkRunner - 1HP "pacifist" build with damage immune option

"
iamakuciku wrote:

Sorry for not being too clear earlier. Here's my situation (I just re-tested my chars as well). Apparently all of my chars has different "starting" locations in the mines.

My Darkrunner a.k.a char A, is currently at depth 74 (it was at about depth 140 or so until I was running some older locations to get to walls and it now starts at depth 74). Char B is at approx depth 250, just cleared a node earlier. Logs back into char A its still at depth 74, everytime I will need to scroll to the higher lvl mines or other locations with the preferred biomes. After completing a dead end run or if I die, respawn at portal, clicks at the mines map and its back to depth 74 (what I would want is for it to remain at the mine level that I was just running or for me to save a particular checkpoint for that runner to be at).

Not sure if anyone else is facing this issue or I am missing something and hope I was able to explain it clearly.

BTW, thanks for the guide. I've managed to craft some pretty neat stuff for myself!

I think I got what you're saying. When you open the delve "map" to choose where you wanna go, I think it's centered around the last area you've completed with that specific character (if you die or just log out while running in the dark, it resets to the previous checkpoint). I'm not 100% sure about it, but if you finish your journey in the darkness leading back to the crawler and selecting a new location (or going back to the base), it should update the centering of the map to the new one.
Anyway it's just a bit annoying, but it doesn't prevent you to scroll around a bit and find a new starting location.
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
Last edited by lallalaus on Oct 5, 2018, 8:06:29 AM
how come i have ci 1 hp build with like 200 life regen and i die at 500 darknes stacks ???

Did they change something? I see my hp going down little by little and then dead at around 500 xd

EDIT: Actually when i got my second kikazaru ring and life regen to 196 i die at 816 darkness stacks, i have like 12% dark resistance, but still how the hell is it im dying?
Last edited by mikilin1 on Oct 20, 2018, 12:59:03 PM
Yea seems they have changed something im doing this build have the exact same tree, and i die at around 600 stacks though i do not have dark res, but even without it i have like around 300 life regen and i die
I honestly haven't noticed anything strange, not sure what could be your problem..
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
"
Yea seems they have changed something im doing this build have the exact same tree, and i die at around 600 stacks though i do not have dark res, but even without it i have like around 300 life regen and i die

Make sure you have absolutely no ES on your gear. Darkness stacks calculate with ES included. I know because I thought I was going to be cute and free up a skill point by traversing the three ES nodes at the top of the Scion start. It did not end well. All was well after I took all ES gear and nodes off my character.

I just tested this to 1000 stacks with only a Kikazaru and 6.7 life regen on my boots before I got bored.

Spoiler

I should note my darkness res is capped at 75% so I don't know how not being capped will affect you.
Last edited by UnseenSpectacle on Oct 22, 2018, 10:46:07 PM
I've made this build, transitioned yesterday, can tank darkness just fine, however, pretty much every darkness run I do I end up dying eventually, when I pickup loot. If i stop to click and there are mobs nearby they eventually manage to hit me and RIP. I think this is something you should expect to happen, from how I understand the mechanics. But maybe I just need to get used to the rhythm of it. Like for example when you throw a dynamite you lose phasing, stuff like that.
"
Tommassino wrote:
I've made this build, transitioned yesterday, can tank darkness just fine, however, pretty much every darkness run I do I end up dying eventually, when I pickup loot. If i stop to click and there are mobs nearby they eventually manage to hit me and RIP. I think this is something you should expect to happen, from how I understand the mechanics. But maybe I just need to get used to the rhythm of it. Like for example when you throw a dynamite you lose phasing, stuff like that.
Make sure you use stibnite flask in the area where you are picking up the loot from, and that you have phasing permanently on. When picking up the loot, move a bit - for example, pick up two-three items, move to the corner of the screen for a second, until mobs around the loot forget about you, then pickup other 2-3 items from same place, move out again, etc.
So... there is now a constant stacking degen in mine in addition to previous mechanics, as I tested it for no ZO build:
ehp/1516 per stack. It cannot be mitigated by any % life regen. But it is - by reduced DOT taken (Arakaali, Leo); and by MOM *1,3 and Kintsugi *1,25

For this exact build it means , we die at 1516 stacks at 0 DarkRes.
3032 - 50%. 6064 - 75%. 1011 - "-50%". 866 - "-75%" etc.

758 stacks of darkness at 2ehp and 0% DarkRes

It doesnt matter how much flat regen we manage to get over 31. Same stacks nubmers at 70 flat and 350 flat. ;(
Last edited by AshDrag0n on Nov 30, 2018, 6:31:16 PM
"
AshDrag0n wrote:
So... there is now a constant stacking degen in mine in addition to previous mechanics, as I tested it for no ZO build:
ehp/1516 per stack. It cannot be mitigated by any % life regen. But it is - by reduced DOT taken (Arakaali, Leo); and by MOM *1,3 and Kintsugi *1,25

For this exact build it means , we die at 1516 stacks at 0 DarkRes.
3032 - 50%. 6064 - 75%. 1011 - "-50%". 866 - "-75%" etc.

758 stacks of darkness at 2ehp and 0% DarkRes

It doesnt matter how much flat regen we manage to get over 31. Same stacks nubmers at 70 flat and 350 flat. ;(

hard to understand what you where trying to say, but the wiki says something similar.

I cant find EHP on PoB, but if your calculation is correct we should get to 6064 darkness stack before dying theoretical?

You have 2 75% darkness resistances listen up.

But this also means there was already a "nerf" to the 1HP build. If we can still run through darkness decently (1516 stacks is still pretty high) its still a go for the new league/standard
Last edited by Camatoo on Dec 1, 2018, 2:09:41 PM
Phase Run got a massive nerf though. I´m really not sure if it´s still viable with the 50% reduced visibility it offers in 3.5
:-/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info