[3.5] Geti's Thunderous Applause (Static Strike Smite Mjolner Minions)

"
5teele wrote:
Thanks I figured it out, didn't realize at first that 18 mana was all I needed. Does it need to be 16 or 18 because flesh offering mana cost is 18 for me.

I don't self cast flesh offering, i CWDT it with desecrate, so if you wanna self cast it you're gonna have to figure out some way to get more mana I suppose
I didn't realize 16 was enough to use it, thanks for the info! :)
Do you think the ancestral call is completely necessary for smite? I was trying to think of a way to add phase run without needing to get an unset ring (for easier delving). It just makes smite easier to trigger it's buff right? would it still be fine without it?

Thanks for the advice on the flasks. Decided to keep what I have, dint even consider the vessel drawback.
I incorporated phase run on my ring for the steep price of 80c. I also think it may be more viable to replace the boots with Doryani's Delusion and using the sockets on the boots to add herald of lightning. Instead of wrath, focusing on a 6l setup mentioned earlier in the comments. Also adding Soul of Lunaris instead of arakaali. If someone could do some dps calculations that'd be awesome. Also why whirling blades rather than lightning warp? You know they fixed it so its just as good right?
Last edited by 5teele on Sep 23, 2018, 3:28:25 PM
"
5teele wrote:
I incorporated phase run on my ring for the steep price of 80c. I also think it may be more viable to replace the boots with Doryani's Delusion and using the sockets on the boots to add herald of lightning. Instead of wrath, focusing on a 6l setup mentioned earlier in the comments. Also adding Soul of Lunaris instead of arakaali. If someone could do some dps calculations that'd be awesome. Also why whirling blades rather than lightning warp? You know they fixed it so its just as good right?

No, no no no, nopity no no. no.

Wrath doesn't get used to buff YOUR damage as much as it is used to buff the Sentinels of Purity, Herald of Thunder does not buff them, only you.

Whirling blades because its comfortable and we have access to it, and we scale attack speed somewhat.

Why would we EVER want to use Doryani boots with Loreweave? Loreweave SETS our max resists and you cannot go higher or lower than that through any means whatsoever. (Also, the added damage is minimal and literally affects nothing we care about ((((the sentinels)))))

"
Redman2112 wrote:
Do you think the ancestral call is completely necessary for smite? I was trying to think of a way to add phase run without needing to get an unset ring (for easier delving). It just makes smite easier to trigger it's buff right? would it still be fine without it?

Thanks for the advice on the flasks. Decided to keep what I have, dint even consider the vessel drawback.

Yeah, it's just for ease of use, and yeah I think its 100% absolutely unquestionably required. I don't enjoy giving a boss a nice firm handshake with a single target melee attack just to keep a buff, y'know?
Last edited by Geti on Sep 23, 2018, 6:12:16 PM
"
Geti wrote:
"
5teele wrote:

No, no no no, nopity no no. no.

Wrath doesn't get used to buff YOUR damage as much as it is used to buff the Sentinels of Purity, Herald of Thunder does not buff them, only you.

Whirling blades because its comfortable and we have access to it, and we scale attack speed somewhat.

Why would we EVER want to use Doryani boots with Loreweave? Loreweave SETS our max resists and you cannot go higher or lower than that through any means whatsoever. (Also, the added damage is minimal and literally affects nothing we care about ((((the sentinels)))))

"
Redman2112 wrote:

Yeah, it's just for ease of use, and yeah I think its 100% absolutely unquestionably required. I don't enjoy giving a boss a nice firm handshake with a single target melee attack just to keep a buff, y'know?

Thanks for the insight hadn't realized you crunched the numbers as im to lazy to, thanks for being so knowledgeable with this build! Any idea on how we could incorporate herald of thunder? Im just dying to use my celestial herald effect and Innocence lightning warp mtx with this build as I want to be lightning man :)
Last edited by 5teele on Sep 23, 2018, 6:47:46 PM
"
5teele wrote:
Thanks for the insight hadn't realized you crunched the numbers as im to lazy to, thanks for being so knowledgeable with this build! Any idea on how we could incorporate herald of thunder? Im just dying to use my celestial herald effect and Innocence lightning warp mtx with this build as I want to be lightning man :)

Haha, I feel you, movement skill choice is definitely up to the user and you can do what feels best for you. As far as Herald of Thunder goes I don't think its happening unless you stack mana reservation corrupted implicits on jewels, roll reduced mana reserved on your hat with a bound fossil, and get a level 4 Enlighten for both the Wrath and Herald, and... even then I'm not 100% certain it covers the mana costs, sorry.
Last edited by Geti on Sep 23, 2018, 11:26:52 PM
What delve depth are you at? how does this build fare in deeper delves?
"
Haddoq wrote:
What delve depth are you at? how does this build fare in deeper delves?

280~, I planned to skirt 270 for ilevel 83 to accrue guardian maps, and it performs great there, your mileage may vary at deeper levels and you may find yourself relying more on the boys than the arc.
Hi.
I'm running a very similar build that I crafted a while ago. Character name is SubtelnyDotyk. The main idea was to create something upon a very niche combination of the recently reworked static strike and mjolner. I stumbled upon your guide just before creating my guardian but wanted to get some more experience with the build before saying and comparing anything.

Few thoughts:
1. I didn't bother to attempt uber elder yet, as I think this build is not good enough against that fight, at least compared to some other builds that I've played. The single target damage is simply not good enough, and it's sometimes hard to keep all sentinels alive when you can't stick to the boss. I'm not willing to use kaom's roots as I think for such a build which really starves on sockets, they are a very bad choice. Yes - they are excellent against elder's "siphon", but that's about it. More than 90% of time - boss fights or farming - I'm traveling via whirling blades, so there's no need for any movement speed modifiers either.
2a. I don't understand linking smite to ancestral call. In my opinion it's pointless, as it literally deals no direct damage on this build. Activating smite every once in a while just for the aura doesn't need any links. If I had more sockets available, I'd gladly link it to increased duration.
3+2b. A full 4-link WB (or LS) + faster attacks + blood magic + either 20%q culling strike or 20%q fortify should be much better for mobility. At first, the rotgut flask seemed to me like a very cool and niche idea, but if you run out of flask charges (especially when backtracking), you're slow as a snail due to kaom's roots. 2% available mana pool doesn't help with this problem either, as you cannot simply spam the movement skill w/o blood magic support.
4. Level 21 smite, wrath, arc and obviously herald of purity are all extremely important.
5. A +2 helmet with +1 sentinel of purity enchant is good enough before affording to craft a +3 bone helmet. Actually it might even be slightly better, depending on some specific ghastly jewels mods like %chance to taunt/blind on hit. I was using this helmet up to level 92 and it costed like 10c: (4-off possible through jeweller's Vorici trick)

Crafting a very good ilvl 86 bone helmet is infinitely easier this league with the use of bound+pristine fossils (+minion levels is almost guaranteed, then a high chance of stuff like 4-5% reduced mana reservation, +flat life, %life regen).
6. Amulet slot. I went for astramentis, as it frees up suffixes on many other parts of equipment and generally brings a lot of freedom in gearing up. Also, I don't think there's anything particularly powerful for this build from this slot, besides maybe %life regen from the marble base. Currently I'm trying to figure out how to fit Perquil's Toe here, as it should provide incredible damage boost against tough bosses.
7. Static Strike links are a pain in the ass to figure out :D I guess it all comes down to personal preferences.
8. I think this is the best build I've ever played...
Incredibly smooth thanks to Arc's autotargeting and damage, very tanky with tons of of block and regen, very versatile due to freedom of gearing. But most importantly, for me it's absolutely mind-blowing how good and fast it is compared to how inexpensive the key items and gems are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info