[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

"
AbadoHHa wrote:
"
Tahreyn wrote:

Spoiler

Hi. Thanks for the appreciation, I'm glad that you like it.

If you are able to buy a Red Nightmare then you'll get 13% block chance by picking up the fire res, which is great. I don't really see it as picking up unnecessary points as you get to pick up quite a few life nodes on the way, which is what I wanted for my last levels either way.

The big bonus of using the Red Nightmare is that you can replace Determination with Hatred, giving your crawler a nice damage upgrade. Although as you can do shaper & über atziri (and possible even über elder) with the determination setup it's not anything you really need to get.

Thank you! But my question was, is the red nightmare working without the taken nodes on the fire resist?

For example, if there is a gem "with at least 40 Intellegence in radius" no need to take intellect nodes, just need to have 40 intelligence in gem radius.

Ah. No you are required to actually have the fire nodes allocated for it to work. The jewel actually adds an extra block modifier to the passive points themselves.

Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Last edited by Tahreyn on Sep 22, 2018, 9:20:03 AM
"
Tahreyn wrote:

Ah. No you are required to actually have the fire nodes allocated for it to work. The jewel actually adds an extra block modifier to the passive points themselves.

Thank you! This I wanted to know before buying The Red Nightmare.
with SSF in mind and some adjustments to my personal likings, there are options for gearing.

Today I want to talk about the Weapons. Sure thing, we're using Gemini Claws, thats fine. Shaped if possible.

But without a Calamity its pointless to use 6L Claws for Herald of Purity. So what can be done to give your claws a more useful impact?

Despair on hit.

I crafted both weapons with resonators. I know right now both are not that good and Attackspeed is missing, but Despair on hit boosts single target damage a lot.

My dream craft would be Despair on hit, 20% chance to poison and T1 Attackspeed.

The Abberant fossil (or so, I'm currently out of them) are used for the crafting. (Not phys mods more chaos mods)

Any thoughts about that?
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
hi there Tahreyn,

is just wanted to hop in here and give you a big thank you for this build guide.

i really love the build and making good progress, drops are not in my favor and i still get one-shot out of nowhere :) but making my way to level 90.

what is better? helm enchant 2 projectiles or a bone helmet with 40% minion damage? i have both and for open map clear the 2 more projectiles is far better, but for bosses? maybe 40% damage?

greetings Akaira
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
with SSF in mind and some adjustments to my personal likings, there are options for gearing.

Today I want to talk about the Weapons. Sure thing, we're using Gemini Claws, thats fine. Shaped if possible.

But without a Calamity its pointless to use 6L Claws for Herald of Purity. So what can be done to give your claws a more useful impact?

Despair on hit.

I crafted both weapons with resonators. I know right now both are not that good and Attackspeed is missing, but Despair on hit boosts single target damage a lot.

My dream craft would be Despair on hit, 20% chance to poison and T1 Attackspeed.

The Abberant fossil (or so, I'm currently out of them) are used for the crafting. (Not phys mods more chaos mods)

Any thoughts about that?

The despair on hit claws sounds like a good option when you don't have a calamity. I might have tried to chance an Advancing Fortress if I'd gone SSF, to easily hit that block cap, but as long as you can get all the block you need Despair looks like a good option.

I took a look at your character and I must say that I like that you're using Vile Toxins in your 6L. I hadn't thought about it at all, but with all the poison stacks we are applying on the targets it should be one of the best multipliers out there, especially if you can manage to hit that lvl 21. It should certainly be a better option than Maim for the 6th link.

"
Akaira wrote:
hi there Tahreyn,

is just wanted to hop in here and give you a big thank you for this build guide.

i really love the build and making good progress, drops are not in my favor and i still get one-shot out of nowhere :) but making my way to level 90.

what is better? helm enchant 2 projectiles or a bone helmet with 40% minion damage? i have both and for open map clear the 2 more projectiles is far better, but for bosses? maybe 40% damage?

greetings Akaira

Hey. Thanks for the appreciation, I'm glad that you like it! I'm sure that most of the 1-shots will go away when you acquire a permanent 82% block, from what I can see atm you still need that 4-5% block on your gloves & anvil corruption. Until then I recommend you to get a 20% Rumi's Concoction. It'll certainly help you keep your block at or close to your block cap.

The 2 extra projectiles should be the superior choice. With all the increased damage the Agony Crawler get from its virulence stacks, it wouldn't make much difference with another 40% increased. I haven't confirmed this next part, but I think that the 2 extra projectiles also are added to the crawlers powerful "blob attack". In that case you also get a lot of extra single target damage from the 2 extra proj, in addition to the increased clear speed.
Builds:
"
Tahreyn wrote:
The despair on hit claws sounds like a good option when you don't have a calamity. I might have tried to chance an Advancing Fortress if I'd gone SSF, to easily hit that block cap, but as long as you can get all the block you need Despair looks like a good option.

I took a look at your character and I must say that I like that you're using Vile Toxins in your 6L. I hadn't thought about it at all, but with all the poison stacks we are applying on the targets it should be one of the best multipliers out there, especially if you can manage to hit that lvl 21. It should certainly be a better option than Maim for the 6th link.

Yes, I thought why maim, there is no real benefit for it. And Vile Toxins seemed to fit better.

So far, the cruise through yellow maps is a joke. But I'm not that far into the atlas yet to tell you more.

You might ask, if this is a SSF League Starter Build, 10/10 yes it is. (But you need to farm a Tabula or Belly of the beast)

This build is as easy as the old 3.1 Spectre Summoner.
Your gearing options are way better than outlined in the guide. We're not forced to use a calamity, we're free to use what ever, we don't need Herald of Purity, but its a nice to have tho.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

Yes, I thought why maim, there is no real benefit for it. And Vile Toxins seemed to fit better.

So far, the cruise through yellow maps is a joke. But I'm not that far into the atlas yet to tell you more.

You might ask, if this is a SSF League Starter Build, 10/10 yes it is. (But you need to farm a Tabula or Belly of the beast)

This build is as easy as the old 3.1 Spectre Summoner.
Your gearing options are way better than outlined in the guide. We're not forced to use a calamity, we're free to use what ever, we don't need Herald of Purity, but its a nice to have tho.

Maim is still a good support for the cralwer, 30% more dmg flat out and then some more dmg when the debuff is active. It won't however be as much as the 45-50% that you get from Vile Toxins, although one might argue that maim has the advantage of not requiring poison stacks to be useful.

Good to have it confirmed that it is a solid SSF starter, I thought it had the potential for it but I didn't try it myself yet. I doubt that you'll have any issues with any part of the atlas as long as you're able to find an upgrade every now and then. The Azurite Mine should be fair game too. I think I had my first death while delving, from some on death effect, around level 310.

I still have some work planned for the gearing options with added information of what differs between the various setups, and also add a list with good alternative items/mods (your despair on hit claws for example). I'm not quite sure when I'll do this though, but it's on my todo list :)
Builds:
Playing this build with some changes in HC Delve...
Level 92 so far and Delve 212...
Killed Red Map Elder and Guardians with ease
Killed Minatour and Chimaera with 110 quantity maps and facetanking.
Great build.

Edit 1: Killed Hydra and Shaper also.
Last edited by verkodiablo on Sep 25, 2018, 4:28:49 PM
Hey, I really like this build.
But i´ve got some problems to get the right colours. After 1100 Cromatic, i hit 3g, 1r, 2b
Is it ok? Which gems you would use with this colours=
"
verkodiablo wrote:
Playing this build with some changes in HC Delve...
Level 92 so far and Delve 212...
Killed Red Map Elder and Guardians with ease
Killed Minatour and Chimaera with 110 quantity maps and facetanking.
Great build.

Edit 1: Killed Hydra and Shaper also.

Congrats to the Shaper kill. I'm glad to hear that the build is working out well for you.

"
laxxn601 wrote:
Hey, I really like this build.
But i´ve got some problems to get the right colours. After 1100 Cromatic, i hit 3g, 1r, 2b
Is it ok? Which gems you would use with this colours=

Colouring the calamity can be a pain :( Preferably you do want the 4G1R1B or 3G2R1B for maximum damage, but you should be able to do all content with 3g1r2b as well.

I'd use the following setup with your colours:
Herald of Agony - Pierce - Damage on Full Life - Minion Damage + Vicious Projectiles + Added Chaos / Minion Speed (for mapping)
Builds:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info