[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

Thanks mate, hope some rng comes your way soon :)

In other news, got my level 21 Herald of Agony gem, a pretty nice claw

and corrupted this bad boy in less than 5 vaals

I'm ready to make Uber Elder my bitch!
Is there a downside to leaving convocation at lvl 1 so it will proc off CWDT? Seems like you might be able to dispense with Minion Speed altogether if you can just make it keep porting to you.
is anyone considering trying out lancing steel with this build ?

i am loving mine so far with cyclone/MS but would love to check out the new skill. i know it is not getting great reviews atm but seeing as its just our supporting skill.. i am wondering if it would work well. i have always enjoyed more of a ranged playstyle.

Not sure what weapon would be good to try it out with.. most of the top guys are running grelwood
Can someone give me a tip on what to improve next?

I think jewels are my next big invest!?

@pathofexile3

Are Tombfist so much better than rare gloves?
Uber Elder down :)

Pretty easy fight but I did lose a few portals, mostly due to being a bit rusty and some heavy lag cos I play on a laptop.

Gear used in the fight:

My gear is pretty min-maxed apart from very expensive double corruptions on the chest and gloves. I also make use of the new Focus mods which are ridiculously powerful for a build like this. My variation of the build is a bit different from the OPs and focuses on getting as much dps as possible (seeing as we are already unkillable) through more multipliers from Victario's frenzy, Tombfist's intimidate, Gluttony's cull and shock from Focus. I make very efficient use of the 2% additional Block Chance if you were Damaged by a Hit Recently abyss jewel mod in combination with Gluttony's self-hit to reach permanent 79/79 block. Gluttony really synergises with this build and it's downside is negligible since I don't use Lioneyes, not to mention how useless armour is for the hits which matter.

@blini you should save up for a 6L Coming Calamity and a L21 HoA gem as those are going to be your big dps improvements. With regards to Tombfist vs rare gloves I want the dps multiplier from intimidate and am already ele weakness capped so don't need the res from rare gloves. I do miss the 5% block that you can get from rare gloves though.
Last edited by pathofexile3 on Dec 16, 2018, 7:54:28 AM
Hi there :)

how facetanky/mistake forgiving is this build on higher maps/content if you dont play the build 100% perfectly?
Considering to switch from my cyclone slayer to this build after farming enough currency for the key items.
One nice way to get the chest recolored now is with the syndicate hideouts. Get Vorici in tier 3 research and he gives 2 benches with chances to get 1-3 white sockets. I spammed a few 1G 1R on the regular crafting bench until I got 4 off color(about 5 tries) and then used the Vorici bench. Now I just need to 6 link it. However, a little unclear on what the best 6 are when you can use any colors you want. The guide has so many "or" options that I don't understand the optimal setup when socket color isn't an issue.
"
Enterich wrote:
Hi there :)

how facetanky/mistake forgiving is this build on higher maps/content if you dont play the build 100% perfectly?
Considering to switch from my cyclone slayer to this build after farming enough currency for the key items.

It's probably one of the most forgiving builds out there. There isn't much that can kill you when you have 82-83% block chance, blind, great life gain on hit, and 6.5-7k hp.

"
Malrockk wrote:
One nice way to get the chest recolored now is with the syndicate hideouts. Get Vorici in tier 3 research and he gives 2 benches with chances to get 1-3 white sockets. I spammed a few 1G 1R on the regular crafting bench until I got 4 off color(about 5 tries) and then used the Vorici bench. Now I just need to 6 link it. However, a little unclear on what the best 6 are when you can use any colors you want. The guide has so many "or" options that I don't understand the optimal setup when socket color isn't an issue.

Herald of Agony - Pierce - Damage on Full Life - Minion Speed / Minion Damage + Vicious Projectiles + Vile Toxins.

That should be your prefered setup for maximum damage.

It's a great tip with the syndicate vorici to get the white sockets. I've been thinking about doing it myself in preperation to when I go back to this build.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
So a bit by accident I ended up recreating this build, though I've done it a shade different with gearing. I originally intended to do a guardian sentinel build this league, found out agony crawler scaled better anyways so I started messing with that, turns out guardian is quite unnecessary for Agony, so I went with gladiator for the block instead. Now at 95, killed uber elder and cleared the atlas

7.2k life
15k/30k armor
Uses endurance charges
1.5m shaper DPS

CHEST
I primarily differ from your build in the chest as I really do think skin is the best bet. Yes, you can't use hatred/determination with it, but neither are I think in any way necessary and you're often giving up too much to have them regardless. Hatred is easily replaced by War Banner and didn't require an essence worm to function, determination would be nice but the 100% increased global defenses on skin stacking with a Surrender gets you to 30k armor and is already plenty of mitigation against even the largest physical hits in the game, and I think you'd be hard pressed to reach 30k even with determination without those two items. Regardless of people memeing about armor, in this quantity it is an extremely valuable defensive asset, especially in this league.

It worth noting that in order to see north of 1m DPS - regardless of the chest you're using - you'll need an empower 4, and for DPS beyond that, a +1 to socketed gems corrupt. The empower is expensive, a relevant chest with the corrupt is going to be even more so.

SHIELD
Surrender is mentioned above, but you would need an absolutely insane shaper shield to do better, and even then I'm not so sure. 3k flat armor is a lot of armor.

BELT
I really see no reason not to use a Belt of the Deceiver. The 10% more damage multiplier from intimidate is irreplaceable given that there's no efficient way to use Tombfists, the crit reduction is good given that one shots are the only thing that pose a mortal danger to the build, and with an all res corrupt it provides a huge bit of resistances.

RINGS
For rings I've felt no compulsion to use anything other than a thief's torment. Again, a huge bit of resistances, the 60 life on hit is enormous, 30 mana on hit fixes any and all mana problems the build may ever encounter in any map mod, and, perhaps most important, 16% quant that you aren't gonna get anywhere else. 50% reduced curse effectiveness isn't to be relied on but has it's place for quality of life.

GLOVES/BOOTS
I've chosen to keep the cyclone in my gloves for the 6 link. There's lots of 6 link options but ultimately I've dropped using Withering Strikes at all - even with a 2.00 weapon and 8+ aps you're never maintaining above 5 stacks, and on most difficult content that requires you to actually move off a bit, you're not even maintaining it then. I've waffled a bit between having fortify or LGOH in the links, fort allows me to move the desecrate/spirit offering setup to the helm with inc duration or flame dash (dash is so nice), etc etc. Lots of options in the last four links, I've gone with maxmium laziness setup for all things tho.

WEAPON
The primary concern for me was getting a weapon that was as fast as possible with the ability to get 20% poison on it. Imperial claw is best here for best implicit life gain and base attack speed. Attack speed is function both for QoL (whirling blades around fast as fuck) and most importantly for damage - at 8.22 aps it's very very easy to get to and maintain 40 virulence stacks, even single target. The poison is necessary to make sure that you've gotten 100% chance to poison, no missing virulence stacks here.

JEWELS

The other place I seem to differ from most is jewels. Flat life is much better than % life for us, given that we already have an easy 230%+ from our tree. Attack speed is enormously better than % increased damage, both for you and the crawler and for QoL. Perhaps more important than either for QoL though, is minion movement speed. It cannot be overstated how much better the build feels with high minion movement speed. The crawler becomes so much better at dealing with tight corridors/doorways when it can move quickly.

TL;DR POB LINK
https://pastebin.com/h3tPFZdN
Last edited by Thukker on Dec 17, 2018, 5:17:44 PM
"
Thukker wrote:
So a bit by accident I ended up recreating this build, though I've done it a shade different with gearing. I originally intended to do a guardian sentinel build this league, found out agony crawler scaled better anyways so I started messing with that, turns out guardian is quite unnecessary for Agony, so I went with gladiator for the block instead. Now at 95, killed uber elder and cleared the atlas

7.2k life
15k/30k armor
Uses endurance charges
1.5m shaper DPS

CHEST
I primarily differ from your build in the chest as I really do think skin is the best bet. Yes, you can't use hatred/determination with it, but neither are I think in any way necessary and you're often giving up too much to have them regardless. Hatred is easily replaced by War Banner and didn't require an essence worm to function, determination would be nice but the 100% increased global defenses on skin stacking with a Surrender gets you to 30k armor and is already plenty of mitigation against even the largest physical hits in the game, and I think you'd be hard pressed to reach 30k even with determination without those two items. Regardless of people memeing about armor, in this quantity it is an extremely valuable defensive asset, especially in this league.

It worth noting that in order to see north of 1m DPS - regardless of the chest you're using - you'll need an empower 4, and for DPS beyond that, a +1 to socketed gems corrupt. The empower is expensive, a relevant chest with the corrupt is going to be even more so.

SHIELD
Surrender is mentioned above, but you would need an absolutely insane shaper shield to do better, and even then I'm not so sure. 3k flat armor is a lot of armor.

BELT
I really see no reason not to use a Belt of the Deceiver. The 10% more damage multiplier from intimidate is irreplaceable given that there's no efficient way to use Tombfists, the crit reduction is good given that one shots are the only thing that pose a mortal danger to the build, and with an all res corrupt it provides a huge bit of resistances.

RINGS
For rings I've felt no compulsion to use anything other than a thief's torment. Again, a huge bit of resistances, the 60 life on hit is enormous, 30 mana on hit fixes any and all mana problems the build may ever encounter in any map mod, and, perhaps most important, 16% quant that you aren't gonna get anywhere else. 50% reduced curse effectiveness isn't to be relied on but has it's place for quality of life.

GLOVES/BOOTS
I've chosen to keep the cyclone in my gloves for the 6 link. There's lots of 6 link options but ultimately I've dropped using Withering Strikes at all - even with a 2.00 weapon and 8+ aps you're never maintaining above 5 stacks, and on most difficult content that requires you to actually move off a bit, you're not even maintaining it then. I've waffled a bit between having fortify or LGOH in the links, fort allows me to move the desecrate/spirit offering setup to the helm with inc duration or flame dash (dash is so nice), etc etc. Lots of options in the last four links, I've gone with maxmium laziness setup for all things tho.

WEAPON
The primary concern for me was getting a weapon that was as fast as possible with the ability to get 20% poison on it. Imperial claw is best here for best implicit life gain and base attack speed. Attack speed is function both for QoL (whirling blades around fast as fuck) and most importantly for damage - at 8.22 aps it's very very easy to get to and maintain 40 virulence stacks, even single target. The poison is necessary to make sure that you've gotten 100% chance to poison, no missing virulence stacks here.

JEWELS

The other place I seem to differ from most is jewels. Flat life is much better than % life for us, given that we already have an easy 230%+ from our tree. Attack speed is enormously better than % increased damage, both for you and the crawler and for QoL. Perhaps more important than either for QoL though, is minion movement speed. It cannot be overstated how much better the build feels with high minion movement speed. The crawler becomes so much better at dealing with tight corridors/doorways when it can move quickly.

TL;DR POB LINK
https://pastebin.com/h3tPFZdN

Planning on doing a very similar setup, thanks for sharing. The gear is impressive this early in the league. Is war banner better than dread banner?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info