Time for GGG Retrospection on Xbox Trade

From the recently published Development Manifesto: Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance:

Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance
We have been keeping a close eye on community feedback, and wanted to describe some changes that we are planning to address concerns. We expect to make these changes by the middle of next week.

Shared Azurite Mine

Our initial plan for the Azurite Mine was that you would have a separate one per character. This way you would get a unique Delve experience with each character you create, and could Delve at depths appropriate for that character's power level.

It's clear from feedback and retrospection that we were wrong with this decision, and that the ability to have multiple characters access the same Azurite Mine would be an overall improvement to Delve.

We are implementing a change

So I was actually somewhat impressed by the candid nature of this statement. My point is, I think that the Xbox community has provided plenty of feedback on the state of the Trade system. Now it's time for GGG to apply the retrospection part. You've shown that things are not written in stone and past missteps can be amended. Just do it. Please. Thanks.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last bumped on Nov 26, 2018, 10:11:05 PM
Tab pricing for all low value uniqs and maps.
Buy out up to 15 chaos atleast.
Price check tool.
24 hour ban/ignore option.

The rest is up to the players.
Price check would be so amazing, atleast for unique items. I price everything that I sell and it can be quite time consuming. I give away all my low level starter gear uniques in Act 1 to random players who will accept the trades because they arent worth the trouble of listing and adding to all the others on the trade market. A way to trade chat with seller other than the limiting characters would be great also instead of asking for gamertags and such.
"
Viljan wrote:
Price check tool.

Somebody's been doing some trading I see .....

A fine list indeed!

If the GGG Genie granted me one wish, I'd probably go for door two, some sort of restricted buyout. I'd even go for time delayed restricted buyout (transaction is automatic, but the item remains in escrow for a set time - of course, GGG would make it a random delay leading to some dreadful tales of anguish).

This does appear to be a "seller" based wish list - which has some rich benefits for buyers too. On the buyer end, I'd add

Option to tag/exclude a seller's items if they refuse an offer matching their ask (and selling an item would automatically close out any other open offers with no penalty of course).

The seller should be able to add a message to the initial offer and to an acceptance as well.

"
Viljan wrote:
Price check tool.

NO way they will do the automatic buyout, and honestly I am ok with that. #1 we know they are working on because they released it by mistake bugged to no end. I could see them adding a way to go to market for an item you have highlighted, but not for a while

That last one I would love, ideally I would love to know who I have already sent an offer to because once I have sent an offer I have no way to know that I am sending my offer to the same person soemtimes. Especially since the search order will be different every time.
"
Viljan wrote:
Price check tool.

Didn't tab-pricing work at some point?
"
LucaExplo wrote:
"
Viljan wrote:
Price check tool.

People say that but i myself never experienced it, must have had a break from the game at the time.
"
Viljan wrote:
"
LucaExplo wrote:
"
Viljan wrote:
Price check tool.

People say that but i myself never experienced it, must have had a break from the game at the time.

It allowed for tab pricing for a brief time, Jeff claimed it didn't actually work though.
Trade board improvements are necessary. Most of what you guys have asked for in this thread has already been asked for, for over a year now. It's the top most requested features.

I think what we are waiting for currently is the API. There's no point to build any new features for the trade board if the APi is going to render all of it useless. We don't know for sure what they are working on, but we know for sure they are working on something in this area literally right now.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
"
Avic_Hybana wrote:
Trade board improvements are necessary. Most of what you guys have asked for in this thread has already been asked for, for over a year now. It's the top most requested features.

I think what we are waiting for currently is the API. There's no point to build any new features for the trade board if the APi is going to render all of it useless. We don't know for sure what they are working on, but we know for sure they are working on something in this area literally right now.

Any thoughts on how the API might supercede the "terms" of the Trade Manifesto? I admit that I have never played POE on the PC and I actually had to google "API" to get an inkling of how it might work. But Chris was fairly clear in the Manifesto about Xbox Trade being hard to find, easy to trade (I think he nailed the hard part and fluffed the easy part). But if the API is going to make it easy to find things, then why not just put that functionality into the Trade Board in the first place. I can see that an API might lighten the load on GGG resources (GGG maintains the API, players and 3rd parties maintain the apps), but then it still brings into question the statements made in the Manifesto.

So my question again, how is the API going to make my POE experience materially better when Chris has said that he wants to de-emphasize trade vis a vis looting on the Xbox?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info