Path of Exile Website Skill Tree Not Loading (Work Around)

I am having a problem with your website, which is making it impossible to play my character.

I have been following one of the builds from the forum. That build uses the Skill Tree feature of your website to show the passive points you should take.

When I click on the link, to figure out the next skill points I should assign, the web page loads to 99% and then stops. No matter how long I wait, the site sits there saying "Loading...99%". In order to follow the build, I need to be able to access the passive skill tree. This web site worked a couple days ago, by the way.

This problem happens with every linked skill tree I have tried from the Character/Build forums, even ones using the version 3.4 skill tree.

I have tried:

1. Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Same result in all three browsers.

2. Disabling all extensions.

3. Shutting down and restarting all browsers (after disabling all extensions).

4. Repeatedly refreshing the page.

5. Logging in to the forum with my Steam account, and accessing the link.

6. Accessing the skill tree using the browser on my mobile phone.

7. Accessing the skill tree from a device on a completely different network (different ISP).

8. Using CTRL-F5 to reload the page (suggestion found in some forum posts).

9. Looking for errors in the Chrome CONSOLE by pressing SHIFT-CTRL-I (GGG request found in another similar post) - no errors are visible that I can see.

10. Rebooting my network DSL modem and router, clearing the browser cache entirely, rebooting the computer, and then attempting to view a Skill Tree.

None of these efforts have worked. All result in loading to 99% and then stopping indefinitely. I am completely stuck, please help.
Last edited by darktree921 on Sep 15, 2018, 8:15:38 AM
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2018, 2:53:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
WORK AROUND

After much searching, I found a temporary solution to the problem where the Skill Tree will not load on the Path of Exile website. I am describing it here, for others who may be suffering from the same problem.

There is a third-party website that helps plan POE builds, called poeplanner.

On that site, if you click the Import button at the bottom of the screen, a dialog box appears. That dialog box has an entry labeled "Import from url". If you copy and paste the link to the Path of Exile passive skill tree into that box, that site will display the skill tree for you.

I have been stuck for a couple days now, due to this issue. This at least gets me going again.

I hope this information is helpful.
Last edited by darktree921 on Sep 13, 2018, 11:11:24 PM
OMG that works! THANK YOU SIR =D
You're welcome. Glad it worked!
Path of Exile skill tree still fails to load this morning, after yesterday's update and the website being down for maintenance.

I tried again this morning, rebooting router, clearing cache in web browser, trying different browsers.

Every skill tree loads to 99% and stops dead.
Still not working... On Sunday, Sept 15.
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS PROBLEM.

This problem occurs even if I go directly to the Skill Tree editor, URL:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree

Google's console has a feature where you can watch the progress of a web site during the loading process. I have observed the following:

1) When I initially attempt to load this page, the little spinning circle appears in the tab, and it keeps on spinning during the time that the percentage loading is increasing from 1 to 99%.

2) When the large text reads "Loading...99%", the spinning circle in the tab stops spinning, so the browser apparently thinks the load is complete.

3) After the text reaches "Loading...99%" the font changes subtly:

I don't know whether this might help.
still no fix?...
I have this exact same problem.

edit: Can't use iPhone to load skill trees either.
Last edited by Horical on Sep 16, 2018, 1:25:16 PM
I have this issue STILL - still hasn't been fixed??

I've been trying to follow another build and I can't see their tree ( specifically to see jewel sockets) and it's very frustrating.

Is there any word on this GGG?! Help us!!

TY!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info