[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
cremates wrote:
heya all how is the game play damage in legion still good? or did the nerfs mess with it too much?

sorry if allready answered i didnt read all the past messages. i have a lvl 50 i was trying to do spark with and not enjoying it so was thinking of switching to this build.. how well does it do in the monoliths?
thank you all

I'm running this @ lvl88 now, done T14 map highest so far. At least T14 went easily, no issues with damage at all, stuff just melts. Even physical and elemental reflect maps are easy.

That said my gear is not good at all. I managed to craft a nice 5L chest already, but nothing special. Jewels are still lacking, and most of my rares are fairly garbage. Flasks are also still basically the ones I story leveled with. :D

Monoliths are also easy, HoA does great job there. Only hard thing about them is the one shotting red wave that I believe just got nerfed.

At least I'm having a ton of fun with the build, I've always loved summoners and cyclone in PoE, and this build combines them really well.
ty for the info ill try it out
Level 58. Just reached act 7. 3k life. Max resists. Going well so far.

Replaced vicious attacks on calamity with summon phantasm as it's simply not possible to get 3 green gems on that chest piece with a league starter.

Other than that it's been all positive. I leveled with smite from the start and dominating blow after that.
"
as it's simply not possible to get 3 green gems on that chest piece with a league starter.

That and the 155 dexterity and 144 intelligence needed makes this a bit more challenging for a league start than I expected. I should have swapped from arc totems to the four-link setups earlier, and made it to mid yellow maps without a 5 link

6.8k life right now. I made some passive tree changes. I don't think there's a reason at all to get Righteous Decree (the reduced mana cost of skills nodes), and since I don't need the +30 intelligence or dexterity nodes I had 3 extra to get Righteous Army along with Gravepact, and took off a life somewhere to get the extra 10% minion damage on the Righteous Army wheel. I don't even notice reflect maps, but no-regen maps are aids. Use a hybrid flask or you'll run out of mana. I've killed 2 guardians while yawning, out of cash to attempt Shaper unless I get lucky with map drops. Pretty great build, 6L Calamity would help a lot
Last edited by Imaginaerum on Jun 15, 2019, 2:03:39 PM
Hey guys,

I have a question related to the "Chance to Poison on Hit" jewels. The guide says they are to get cyclone's chance to poison up to 100% but on my tooltip it wont get over 60% regardless of jewels.

It does increase main hand chance to poison but that's it.
"
thorcigano wrote:
Hey guys,

I have a question related to the "Chance to Poison on Hit" jewels. The guide says they are to get cyclone's chance to poison up to 100% but on my tooltip it wont get over 60% regardless of jewels.

It does increase main hand chance to poison but that's it.

60% chance to poison from poison support gem
20% from herald of agony
That leaves you to get the last 20% somewhere else. 4 jewels are what most players use by the looks of it.

Maybe that tooltip is bugged. Do you press C then select cyclone? It should add up all the sources of poison there.
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
as it's simply not possible to get 3 green gems on that chest piece with a league starter.

That and the 155 dexterity and 144 intelligence needed makes this a bit more challenging for a league start than I expected. I should have swapped from arc totems to the four-link setups earlier, and made it to mid yellow maps without a 5 link, and soare

6.8k life right now. I made some passive tree changes. I don't think there's a reason at all to get Righteous Decree (the reduced mana cost of skills nodes), and since I don't need the +30 intelligence or dexterity nodes I had 3 extra to get Righteous Army along with Gravepact, and took off a life somewhere to get the extra 10% minion damage on the Righteous Army wheel. I don't even notice reflect maps, but no-regen maps are aids. Use a hybrid flask or you'll run out of mana. I've killed 2 guardians while yawning, out of cash to attempt Shaper unless I get lucky with map drops. Pretty great build, 6L Calamity would help a lot

Yes i am always low on dex. I've been trying to go for all dex nodes i can find. For now i have the big +30 dex and int nodes until i can get more on gear.

Looking at your gear i noticed something important i am missing, a curse. How did i overlook that?
Thanks for the tip about reduced mana cost passives. It was likely written before they reworked cyclone. Its much less mana intensive now.
I'm gonna try and spec out of those passives too.

Looking at my own calamity chest i realized something else too. I could attempt to create a new 4-link with the lowest green socket. Just need to save up a few more fusings.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 15, 2019, 10:41:28 AM
It's not that hard to get 3 greens in the Calamity, it will take some chromes though. :)
"
Jurvi wrote:
It's not that hard to get 3 greens in the Calamity, it will take some chromes though. :)

Don't even waste those, use the jeweler method on the crafting bench (get two sockets, make them both green, use the bench to make 3 sockets and if the third isn't green, go back to two. repeat until the third is green. the original two green won't change their color. when you make a fourth socket it's probably going to be blue)

I'm also missing Immortal call, but I've hardly died so I would rather use flame dash for now
Can I get any benefit from additional support chance to bleed in gloves? I have found some which have support poison, faster attacks and chance to bleed. No life or resis though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info