[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

i just tried a 165 Delve 420 Azurite Run,,, and it managed EASY!!

J
WOW!!

I just did quick respec at lvl 82 from mathil's magma orb because it was too squishy for me. Bought recommended uniques, claw and elder gloves and put on some rare gear I had in stash in the remaining slots.

Had some lvled up gems from my pet viper strike build but a lot of lvl 1 gems.

Jumped straight into delve depth 127 and everything is DYING and I'm not even scratched!

That's without the ascendencies because I still need to change it from inquisitor.

The build is awesome, can't wait till I lvl up gems, setup the ascendencies and get the other gear that I'm missing.
I'm transitioning my Guardian into this in SSF. Started out Smite that was great for leveling but couldn't keep up with yellow maps. Changed to Dominating Blow which worked well for quite a while but then my zombies and spectres couldn't keep up in high red maps so I tried a different DM build which just didn't work out. Let's see if this one does the trick! In SSF, so I don't have Calamity chest or Victario shield but my initial tests with just some gem swaps makes it seem promising!
Last edited by tainium on Sep 17, 2018, 1:45:09 PM
@systemplayerlost

"

Check out this video shoing Holy Relic's damage. Our other minions add to that for clear. In terms of single target, it's really very hard to figure out what's better at this stage without all the numbers.

I said the herald of purity was your main dmg not the holy relic

Although in that video it clearly shows that holy relics can do work

Im almost 100% sure that the herald of agony minion does absolutely nothing

I've tested it for myself on a pathfinder that easily maintains a ton of virulence but the scorpion does nothing
"
devilmz wrote:
"
"
devilmz wrote:

Why more links on the HoA Vs the HoP? Particularly because guardian has stronger interaction with them?

It's really hard for us to make a good decision on Herald of Purity vs Agony for the 5-6 link slot as we simply don't have enough information. Theory is Agony is better as we're investing a lot into getting and maintaining virulence stacks. Additionally, Agony is active during both clear and single target, whereas Purity minions only get summoned against unique monsters and sometimes with incidental poison kills.

I see, thanks for clarifying. That was also a concern / annoyance I had with HoP. You gotta get the kill. And I found my melee damage fell off heavily, as I wanted. I wanted a summoner. But that just meant I often was running around with 2-3 hops out because I went for a while without last hitting

I had considered fast attack and culling strike to negate it slightly, but man I wish it wasn't an on kill effect

Yeah that's what it comes down to ultimately. IF (and I say if) we try to scale self-damage high enough to kill things it's going to be a completely different build. If we want to play the build as a summoner using Cyclone to trigger our effects, it's best we leave HoP as a single target supplementary at 4L.
"
@systemplayerlost

"

Check out this video shoing Holy Relic's damage. Our other minions add to that for clear. In terms of single target, it's really very hard to figure out what's better at this stage without all the numbers.

I said the herald of purity was your main dmg not the holy relic

Although in that video it clearly shows that holy relics can do work

Im almost 100% sure that the herald of agony minion does absolutely nothing

I've tested it for myself on a pathfinder that easily maintains a ton of virulence but the scorpion does nothing

You may have slipped in writing Holy Relic then - but let's not get caught up with that.

It's very possible that Sentinels of Purity deal more damage than Agony Crawler in a single target situation, but even if this is the case, I think we should 5-6L the Crawler. The main reason here is that Crawler is active 100% of the time. In my setup it's a great form of both clear and single target with Summon Phantasm on Kill linked. If you were going for a pure boss-killer it might be better to go with 5-6L Purity.

As you said before, more testing would be needed on this with just the Purities vs bosses and that's not something I'm keen to invest my time into right now. In a couple of weeks I'll likely revisit this.
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Sep 17, 2018, 6:36:32 PM
"
tainium wrote:
I'm transitioning my Guardian into this in SSF. Started out Smite that was great for leveling but couldn't keep up with yellow maps. Changed to Dominating Blow which worked well for quite a while but then my zombies and spectres couldn't keep up in high red maps so I tried a different DM build which just didn't work out. Let's see if this one does the trick! In SSF, so I don't have Calamity chest or Victario shield but my initial tests with just some gem swaps makes it seem promising!

Oooh nice one! Please keep us updated on your build and progress in an SSF environment without Coming Calamity. It will be interesting as I thought Coming Calamity to be the item which enables the build with use of two heralds.

What skills/links are you going with?
"
WOW!!

I just did quick respec at lvl 82 from mathil's magma orb because it was too squishy for me. Bought recommended uniques, claw and elder gloves and put on some rare gear I had in stash in the remaining slots.

Had some lvled up gems from my pet viper strike build but a lot of lvl 1 gems.

Jumped straight into delve depth 127 and everything is DYING and I'm not even scratched!

That's without the ascendencies because I still need to change it from inquisitor.

The build is awesome, can't wait till I lvl up gems, setup the ascendencies and get the other gear that I'm missing.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build so far! Really do look out for some of the gear pieces you're missing and if you can get some movement speed on your boots that will help a lot with how good it feels. Keep us updated if you have any questions! :)
I swapped my build over from a scourge and soul taker to this one and i have to say it is way better. I was lucky in fusing a 6link Calamity. This is my current setup and is pretty GG at this point. I did change the tree a little bit in order for it to be a bit better on area. I also moved the purity setup to the claw and made room in boots for bloodrage.

when mapping or delving, my mana keeps dropping off and i stop cycloning.. any tips.. ?

Thanks
J
Last edited by jubsey on Sep 18, 2018, 1:49:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info