[3.4] Pathfinder - Damage Immune (3 Variations: Poets Pen, Melee and Bow)

Idea: Have 100% Physical/Chaos/Elemental damage resist with 100% uptime.

Poet's Pen Variant (Immortal Call)
Spoiler

How it works:
Spoiler

Chaos Damage - Chaos Inoculation
Physical Damage - Immortal call with 100% uptime
Elemental Damage - Using flasks and Purity auras with nodes and gear increasing their effect to reach 100%

Gear
Spoiler

Necessary Gear
Spoiler

Accessories:
- Voll's Devotion
- Romira's Banquet
- Rare belt with max "increased effect of Flasks on you"

Armour:
- Body Armour with +1 max res
- Kaom's Roots, preferably with +1 endurance charge (seems counterproductive with CI, but it means stun/slow/freeze immunity to guarantee uptime)

Flasks:
- Chemist's Topaz/Sapphire/Ruby
- Divination Distillate
- The Overflowing Chalice

Jewels:
- Conqueror's Potency

Gems:
- Elemental Puritys with effective level 23.
- Immortal Call with Increased duration.

Damage Gear (optional)
Spoiler

- 2 Poet's Pens (Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Desecrate) (Volatile Dead, Combustion, Fire Pen).
- Power Siphon or Frenzy with GMP, Faster Attacks, Increased Crit Strikes, CoC, Unearth
- Indigon, Voidbringers and Fevered Minds.
- Ring with Warlord's Mark on hit.

Estimated total cost SC 500-600c or 5-6ex

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/J9t0MjLw

Bow Variant (Conversion)
Spoiler

How it works:
Spoiler

Physical Damage - Full conversion to non-physical.
Elemental Damage - Using flasks and Purity auras with nodes and gear increasing their effect to reach 100%

Gear
Spoiler

Necessary Gear
Spoiler

Weapon:
- Darkscorn
Accessories:
- Rare belt with 8-10% "increased effect of Flasks on you" and duration, charges gained or charges used if possible.

Armour:
- Lightning Coil

Flasks:
- Divination Distillate

Jewels:
- Conqueror's Potency
- Watcher's eye with 17% total physical taken as not physical while using Puritys

Gems:

Damage Gear (optional)
Spoiler

Quiver:
- Soul Strike (+1 arrow if possible)

Armour:
- Fenumus' Toxins
- Shapers Touch (+2 Aura Corruption)
- Inya's Epiphany

Accessories:
- Maligaro's Cruelty
- Le Heup of All x2
Jewels:
- Spreading Rot
- Conqueror's Efficiency

Gems:
Helmet: Blink Arrow, Faster Projectile, Faster Attacks, Withering Touch.
Boots: Purity of Elements, Vaal Blight, Increased Duration, Efficacy.
Body: Spell Totem, Wither, Faster Casting, Increased Duration.
Gloves: Elemental Puritys and Enlighten.
Weapon: Toxic Rain, Mirage Archer, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Damage on Full Life, Added Chaos Damage, Faster Attacks.

Estimated total cost SC 10-35ex

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/SYjK70C6

Melee Variant (Conversion)
Spoiler

How it works:
Spoiler

Physical Damage - Full conversion to non-physical.

Gear
Spoiler

Necessary Gear
Spoiler

Accessories:
- Rare belt with 8-10% "increased effect of Flasks on you" and duration, charges gained or charges used if possible.

Armour:
- Saffell's Frame with physical taken as not physical corruption.
- Rare Helmet with 10% physical damage taken as fire mod (warbands mod)
- Lightning Coil
- Doryani's Delusion

Flasks:
- Divination Distillate

Jewels:
- Conqueror's Potency
- Watcher's eye with 20% total physical taken as not physical while using Puritys

Gems:

Damage Gear (optional)
Spoiler

Weapon:
- Ichimonji (if solo) Hyaon's Fury if in party and want to share aura's.

Armour:
- Gloves with socketed gems have +3.5% crit chance.
Accessories:
- Choir of the Storm
- Call of the Brotherhood
- Stormfire
Jewels:
- Tempered Mind
- Static Electricity

Gems:
Boots: Elemental Puritys (1 from boots), Purity of Elements and Enlighten.
Body: Vaal Lightning Strike, Multistrike, Damage on Full Life, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Increased Critical Strikes, Added Lightning Damage.
Gloves: Static Strike, Multistrike, Power Charge on Critical, Ice Bite.
Weapon: Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, Onslaught.
Shield: Spell Totem, Elemental Weakness, Inc Area.
Helmet: Need suggestions.

Estimated total cost SC 10-35ex

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/egtMrVVf

Let me know what you think, feedback/suggestions (for example better damage items/skills), etc.

BTW First Theorycrafts

Note: Unfortunately as far as I'm aware increasing max darkness res for the Delve league isn't really possible, if thats incorrect let me know how.
Last edited by James14294 on Sep 16, 2018, 6:17:25 PM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2018, 3:57:31 AM
To Do:
Improve Based on Feedback.
Last edited by James14294 on Sep 16, 2018, 6:57:29 AM
This is an interesting build. Seems a little fragile to me though since if you either (a) are a split second late with any flask or Immortal Call or (b) stop attacking for a bit too long and max out your mana, turning off Divination, you're going to explode.
The flask charge generation is over done, especially with the Overflowing Chalice active, and so is the duration of the Immortal Call.

Maths
Spoiler

IC has a 5s duration with a 3 second cooldown from cast, PP has a cooldown of 0.25s cooldown with 4+ attacks a second, so it is more than the margin that the Poet's Pen can miss by.

My maths may be wrong (based on PoB) but the flasks use 17-18 charges per use, with the shortest duration being 6.92s upto 9.3s, with the charges gained modifier of +258% Nature's Boon which would usually give you 1 per second (3 per 3 seconds) will be giving you ~3.5 per second, which over that shortest duration is 24 charges.

It takes at a minimum of 5.14s to gain 18 charges, giving you a window of almost 2 seconds to use your flasks before they run out, you could theoretically just constantly spam your flasks for perma-flasks without even killing. (I intentionally over invested, and once tested can be toned down to be balanced)

And the good thing about poets pen is you can keep casting with the basic attack when out of mana, so the combination of Indigon and Fevered Minds means you should always be able to out spend your mana generation while gaining more and more spell damage.

if you are really worried you could use a Shavronne's Revelation (right slot) + mana leech to try and ensure you never have full mana

Last edited by James14294 on Sep 13, 2018, 12:42:29 AM
Update: Added Two new variations to the idea. A Melee version, and a Bow version.
afaik for variation 3 you need a Taste of Hate for fully physical mitigation, not sure about variation 2 my math is bad

Poet’s pen indigon is definitely feasible and pretty cheap, if you have +1 endure charge kaom you only need 4 endure charges on the tree so you can change your pathing to go through Elemental Overload and Avatar of Fire to the left top area, and ignore the left bottom endure charge, thus only need 70-ish skill points to finish core stuffs (aura, flasks and endure charges). This leaves about 40 skill points to spare and I suggest:

1) take Avatar of Fire so you don't blow yourself at the first pack in physical reflect maps

2) for dps: invest in as much maximum mana as possible, some ele pen on the tree, Elemental Overload,

3) can even turn into a "Darkness Farmer" by taking the life regen to es node (forgot its name, near avatar of fire) and some life regen, putting on Immortal Flesh belt (gives 70+ flat regen), QotF, evasion flasks, etc. Search for "Ghudda's darkness farming build", its basically a 1 HP + 10 ES build
Last edited by wjxue1221 on Sep 18, 2018, 8:47:16 PM
Nice Summory but i feel like i miss something.
How are you susteining your Divination Distillate on the Bow and Melee Build?

I know its possible with Omeyecan Boots, Eldtrich Battery + Ghost Reaver + Zealoths Oath or Shavronne Ring. Dont knwow if its possible to get the mana cost to zero with elreon rings etc.
Any Elepenetration will kill you.

I'm currently testing it, I got up to 99% res, cant find an armor with +1% total res

So you kinda need to get then as much energy shield as possible to survive anything with penetration at all.

Also you probably need another way to generate endurance charges,
you want to have charges before you start the fight.
Feels a bit clunky/ risky to start a fight.
Maybe doedre elixir might be good enough for this, and swap later to overflowing.

Chaos innoculation seems overkill, or well suicide against any elemental penetration.
We have simply no life and not enough energy shield.

I could image 1 poets pen, + Saffell shield.
And go for RF(MoM). With any skill(movement?) that triggers poets pen.
Could work too.

But the 10-15min testing so far it felt a bit like a glass cannon.
"
Also you probably need another way to generate endurance charges,
you want to have charges before you start the fight.

Does Ralekesh's Impatience work well for pre-generating charges? Any other options?
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Hey thanks for this guide, this was my primary resource for building my first Pathfinder. Nice PoB's as well labeled with price estimates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info