[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

"
Frizz_za wrote:
Hi guys, thanks for a great build, been having a lot of fun with it so far, just wondering what direction to go in terms of improving the character to attempt the T16 Guardians and perhaps even someday in the far future the Shaper.

I opted for the blood magic elemental variant as I thought it would have the highest DPS potential but sometimes the damage can seem rather... flaccid

My gear is as follows, any advice and suggestions would be appreciated!

Spoiler

Feast your eyes on my first failed red elder attempt

Hey, thanks for trying the build out. Try something like https://pastebin.com/ZS13WL9b

I think Diadem is stronger for phantasms this league mostly because aspect of the spider is easily available. Storm brand is also great for proccing ee.
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"
Frizz_za wrote:
Hi guys, thanks for a great build, been having a lot of fun with it so far, just wondering what direction to go in terms of improving the character to attempt the T16 Guardians and perhaps even someday in the far future the Shaper.

I opted for the blood magic elemental variant as I thought it would have the highest DPS potential but sometimes the damage can seem rather... flaccid

Spoiler

Hey, thanks for trying the build out. Try something like https://pastebin.com/ZS13WL9b

I think Diadem is stronger for phantasms this league mostly because aspect of the spider is easily available. Storm brand is also great for proccing ee.

Thanks for taking a look and for the suggestions, excited to give the conversion a shot and taking it for a spin later today!

Just a question about War Banner and the Phantasms - I wasn't sure what the attack of the Phantasms are classified as. Do they perform spells or projectile attacks? Is War Banner intended to increase their accuracy or just provide a nice additional defensive layer for the summoner? How does Faster Casting interact with the Phantasms, and if the projectiles are spells, would the Ghastly Eye Jewels with an 'Of Hindering' suffix (chance to hinder enemies on hits with spells) work on them for those times that the player is not within Aspect of the Spoder range? Quite a deluge of questions but any information would be appreciated :)
"
Frizz_za wrote:
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
Spoiler
"
Frizz_za wrote:

Spoiler

Thanks for taking a look and for the suggestions, excited to give the conversion a shot and taking it for a spin later today!

Just a question about War Banner and the Phantasms - I wasn't sure what the attack of the Phantasms are classified as. Do they perform spells or projectile attacks? Is War Banner intended to increase their accuracy or just provide a nice additional defensive layer for the summoner? How does Faster Casting interact with the Phantasms, and if the projectiles are spells, would the Ghastly Eye Jewels with an 'Of Hindering' suffix (chance to hinder enemies on hits with spells) work on them for those times that the player is not within Aspect of the Spoder range? Quite a deluge of questions but any information would be appreciated :)

The projectiles shot by the phantasms are spells dealing physical damage. Hence War Banner increasing their accuracy doesn't matter but they will benefit from the additional physical damage taken. Because they are casting spells, Faster Casting ups their cast rate, similar to, for example, how Controlled Destruction increases their damage. The hinder abyssal mod works too, but the taunt on attack hit mod doesn't.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Jan 23, 2019, 4:41:22 PM
"
Frizz_za wrote:
"
Stagsnetti wrote:

As in the guide. Phantasms are spell casters, that's why faster casting and controlled destruction works with them. I just shoved in banner as it gives you a little bit more damage (from increasing the phys hits)
Thanks for the clarifications Monti and Stags, appreciated.

I did end up making the switch as suggested and will be working on upgrading my jewels taking into consideration the spell-casting nature of the little phantasm guys. It is feeling smoother already and I'm a bit happier not having to mess about with zombies and spectres
Hi really loving the build so far and nrearly reaching the goal of beating all content, jsut awaiting uber elder and uber atziri once i farm more currency :)

Just a few queries on optimizing my build present here https://pastebin.com/25xB2X6C

1. What would be the optimal 5 link for my skellies in the unset ring given i run 2 elem auras and - fire resist on TV specters?

2. Is it worth getting helm of the tyrant white socket for animated guardian? Does -9 resist give much more dps than the 15% increase given by leer cast

3. Is getting the phase acrobatic node woth 20 % life loss due to skipped nodes?

My 1st serious character and loving it very much. I cheese bosses too by letting y minions kill them even if Im dead lol. Thanks for the guide and ongling support :)
"
DongKingKong wrote:
Hi really loving the build so far and nrearly reaching the goal of beating all content, jsut awaiting uber elder and uber atziri once i farm more currency :)

Just a few queries on optimizing my build present here https://pastebin.com/25xB2X6C

1. What would be the optimal 5 link for my skellies in the unset ring given i run 2 elem auras and - fire resist on TV specters?

2. Is it worth getting helm of the tyrant white socket for animated guardian? Does -9 resist give much more dps than the 15% increase given by leer cast

3. Is getting the phase acrobatic node woth 20 % life loss due to skipped nodes?

My 1st serious character and loving it very much. I cheese bosses too by letting y minions kill them even if Im dead lol. Thanks for the guide and ongling support :)

Uber atziri is pretty difficult with most minion builds. Just something to note.

I wouldn't use a hungry loop. I'd weapon swap to a 6l summon skelly, using a +1 all gems staff with minion damage + minion attack speed craft, possibly even +2 support gems if you're commiting.

probably summon skellys + minion damage + melee phys + maim + ruthless + idk, empower?
"
DongKingKong wrote:

Uber atziri is pretty difficult with most minion builds. Just something to note.

I wouldn't use a hungry loop. I'd weapon swap to a 6l summon skelly, using a +1 all gems staff with minion damage + minion attack speed craft, possibly even +2 support gems if you're commiting.

probably summon skellys + minion damage + melee phys + maim + ruthless + idk, empower?

2. imo - no. it's not that much more dmg and ag is stupid.
3. no.
Last edited by Stagsnetti on Jan 24, 2019, 8:57:06 AM
Why don't your postbin match things on this forum?

And why can't I see what kind of gems you have in your gloves?

I know you are trying and trying hard I guess, but this guide, allthoug I like it alot, have alot of gabes. Gabes where we (the other players) can't see what you are doing or trying to do.

Hope you can help me/us and maybe update the guide, so the postbin and the forum matches :)
Could I get some advice on what to upgrade next? I have about 3-4 Ex saved up, and I could probably scrape together a bit more if I sell off gear from some other characters.

Bosses and Syndicate encounters are still troublesome in red maps, especially when they kill off my minions quickly. I've wondered if I'd do better swapping the chest out for a 6L Skeleton setup. If I went that route I'm not sure whether to aim for a good rare chest with lots of health, or maybe a unique like Queen's Hunger or Vis Mortis.

I haven't added a single-target SoulWrest yet either in my weapon swap but I'll do that next.

Spoiler

I forgot to link my jewels but they are listed on my character.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info