[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

"
Noticed you dropped Flesh Binder for an extra Damage and Life node and are using AG instead of zombies now.

For speed clearing maps, Added Fire seems like the choice imo. When clearing at full Phase Run + Quicksilver speed I don't feel like my phantasms are getting Hatred so the Cold Pen seems useless.

ah yeah just testing a few things. They still get cold damage from the grip of the council gloves, and whenever they get dragged to you they are within hatreds range.
I don't understand how you proc EE ... cause chaos damage DOT from desacrate is not suppose to work right ?

For 4B-2G is my Gem set up good ? I use Wrath + hatred right now but withtout EE. Because Pahntasm don't have tooltip, it' hard to see if i get more or less damage ...

"
Deonbekende wrote:
I don't understand how you proc EE ... cause chaos damage DOT from desacrate is not suppose to work right ?

For 4B-2G is my Gem set up good ? I use Wrath + hatred right now but withtout EE. Because Pahntasm don't have tooltip, it' hard to see if i get more or less damage ...

EE is procced by the special skill on your boots, Death Walk, which does fire explosions when walking on corpses that count as hits, and so enemies get -50 cold/lightning.

Gemwise, elemental focus isn’t doing much for you since most of your damage is still physical. I highly recommend swapping it out for a phys to lightning support, which makes most of the damage elemental and allows you to take the most advantage of EE

EDIT: just did some very quick math for ele focus vs phys to light and I may be wrong, as they’re actually pretty even.
Assuming 100 initial phys damage to make it simple (20/20 gems and 22 hatred), ele focus = 100 + (20+37)*1.49= 184 vs phys to light = 50 + (20+37) + (50+ 28) = 185. However, you’re losing out on chill and shock in the first case...
Last edited by cbasz on Sep 24, 2018, 8:15:31 PM
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"
Noticed you dropped Flesh Binder for an extra Damage and Life node and are using AG instead of zombies now.

For speed clearing maps, Added Fire seems like the choice imo. When clearing at full Phase Run + Quicksilver speed I don't feel like my phantasms are getting Hatred so the Cold Pen seems useless.

ah yeah just testing a few things. They still get cold damage from the grip of the council gloves, and whenever they get dragged to you they are within hatreds range.

I think animate guardian could be a solid contender for a gemslot in the helm instead of abyss socket. 18% increased damage with dying breath, 10% movespeed with victario’s flight, and consecrated ground (+6% regen) from zahndethus. But the best part, it’s incredibly easy with fossils to get a -9 cold and -9 lightning aura helm to put on him.
What’s your opinion on it?
Deonbekende
"
Deonbekende wrote:

Did you read the guide, I explain how I proc EE by using deathwalk. Wrath isn't good because it gives your minions 30% more lightning damage --> they don't deal lightning damage normally

cbasz
"
cbasz wrote:
"
Deonbekende wrote:

EE is procced by the special skill on your boots, Death Walk, which does fire explosions when walking on corpses that count as hits, and so enemies get -50 cold/lightning.

Gemwise, elemental focus isn’t doing much for you since most of your damage is still physical. I highly recommend swapping it out for a phys to lightning support, which makes most of the damage elemental and allows you to take the most advantage of EE

EDIT: just did some very quick math for ele focus vs phys to light and I may be wrong, as they’re actually pretty even.
Assuming 100 initial phys damage to make it simple (20/20 gems and 22 hatred), ele focus = 100 + (20+37)*1.49= 184 vs phys to light = 50 + (20+37) + (50+ 28) = 185. However, you’re losing out on chill and shock in the first case...

You didn't factor in any resistances, I like looking at worst case scenario's as if you're versing something with 0 res - it's going to die easily anyways. With your example ele focus and phys to light does ~21% more damage against capped opponents. Phys to light will win out when you Proc EE. SHattering is also a pretty big deal in delves as some of the mobs have a cast on death spell.

cbasz
"
cbasz wrote:
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"

I think animate guardian could be a solid contender for a gemslot in the helm instead of abyss socket. 18% increased damage with dying breath, 10% movespeed with victario’s flight, and consecrated ground (+6% regen) from zahndethus. But the best part, it’s incredibly easy with fossils to get a -9 cold and -9 lightning aura helm to put on him.
What’s your opinion on it?

I'm testing out an animate guardian instead of zombies atm, The extra abyssal socket is both a lot of damage and HP, I just like it. I've gone with a -9 phys reduction helm for my guardian. I was working on crafting a helm with it but ran out of funds. I don't think you can get both aura's at the same time. I could be wrong though.
The double -9 auras is definitely possible (there are some up on poe.trade), and theoretically quite cheap and easy if you don't care about any other stat: frigid + metallic + prismatic should do the trick, gonna try myself this afternoon.
I'm debating whether to use Kingmaker for the culling strike rather than Dying Breath, especially since we don't have any curses to take advantage of the 18% increased effect.
I've never used AG before, is ~38k life with ~6k regen enough for the guardian not to die in high tiers?

I find the zombies really useful, 6% less phys damage and can take advantage of a 5% chance to taunt on hit with attacks (6 zombies + 1 ag ensures a nearly constant uptime on a single target) which is 10% less damage taken, equivalent to 10% more health unless I'm wrong.
Last edited by cbasz on Sep 25, 2018, 7:43:10 AM
how does unwavering stance feel? really important?
"
cbasz wrote:
The double -9 auras is definitely possible (there are some up on poe.trade), and theoretically quite cheap and easy if you don't care about any other stat: frigid + metallic + prismatic should do the trick, gonna try myself this afternoon.
I'm debating whether to use Kingmaker for the culling strike rather than Dying Breath, especially since we don't have any curses to take advantage of the 18% increased effect.
I've never used AG before, is ~38k life with ~6k regen enough for the guardian not to die in high tiers?

The AG rarely dies if you gear it well and attach it with minion life.

Well I was on Leer (dmg) and Ambu's charge for AG tank but I switched into Zahndethus for delving (since ur all boxed in making the CG worth losing the tank for).

I'm trying out the cold pen over leer right now and I'm impressed :D, how would I go about crafting cold and fire pen?

EDIT:

"
cbasz wrote:

Not many flasks are relevant for minions builds so I would suggest tossing in witches brew for the lvl 21 curse (+blind helps with the evasion tank as well, really good for delve) I'm on Vis Mortis so its even better.
Last edited by magicdownunder on Sep 25, 2018, 7:39:19 PM
"
"
cbasz wrote:

The AG rarely dies if you gear it well and attach it with minion life.

Well I was on Leer (dmg) and Ambu's charge for AG tank but I switched into Zahndethus for delving (since ur all boxed in making the CG worth losing the tank for).

I'm trying out the cold pen over leer right now and I'm impressed :D, how would I go about crafting cold and fire pen?

EDIT:

"
cbasz wrote:

Not many flasks are relevant for minions builds so I would suggest tossing in witches brew for the lvl 21 curse (+blind helps with the evasion tank as well, really good for delve) I'm on Vis Mortis so its even better.

Getting cold + fire pen will be quite a bit harder, you want tangled + prismatic. if you’ve got the currency to spare take abberant + jagged as well in a quad resonator which should eliminate a fair amount of unwanted affixes.

I guess witchfire is decent enough, though a plain stibnite might be better so we dont use up our curse (see below) on a marginal gain. If you can balance your resists to all be equal Wise Oak offers a lot of defense.
Though I wasn’t talking about flasks there, but rather the animate guardian weapon :)

I’ve discovered that curse on hit works on death walk. A better setup imo would be to drop vaal haste and increased duration, move desecrate and cascade to the gloves, and put curse on hit + proj weakness in the boots. I’m going to experiment with it on red elder/guardians tomorrow and see if it’s smoother than the one I did today that had a couple deaths. Speaking of which, i had a bit of trouble on elder’s last phase, where the minions would die rapidly and otherwise prefer to target the adds rather than elder. It’s most likely my inexperience with the fight, but does anyone have any tips for that part?
Last edited by cbasz on Sep 25, 2018, 8:37:43 PM
Switch back into GPS/FPS for the add phase or add in extra minion life/leech/regen nodes or jewels.

- - -

Here is my current lvl 92 set-up: https://pastebin.com/pipqp97b I havn't tried shaper yet since the Guardian maps refuse to drop (beside hydra and vaal temple) but I beat Red Elder, Corrupted Hydra + Vaal Temple and I'm 359 deep.

Spectres are: 2x Carnage Chieftain and 1x Host Chieftain (you can swap that for Defiler or Archer for Ele Weakness or Projectile Curse).

Animate Guardian: Zahndethus, Cold Pen Helm, Dying Breath, Victario's Flight Boots and tank Gloves (which I plan on switching into a curse on hit gloves).

- - -

I really like Stag's 5L Set-up:
1G --> Slower Projectiles
4B --> Minion Damage, Summon Phantasms on kill, Controlled destruction, Faster Casting

For the 6L assuming EE is trigger by lightning what is the best U.Elder Killer choice between:
Cold Pen, Add Fire and Ele Focus (aliments rarely trigger here)?

On PoB with testing via Knives, Added Fire does the most damage with EE on Lightning would that be the same for our ghost?
Last edited by magicdownunder on Sep 26, 2018, 12:42:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info