[3.5 HC | Video Guide] Caustic Arrow/Toxic Rain Raider | league starter | HC, MF & endgame viable

3.5 Changes:
Spoiler
We got a bunch of new Multiplier Options, so thats good! Quill rain after nerf is still great for league starts, but not that great for endgame!

So try to craft a rare bow. Highly recommend Nugis video for it:
How to craft +3 Vicious Proj Bow

First of all i would like to mention that i want to avoid text of walls in this guide, so let's start.
English isn't my native language.

Video Guide:
[Video Guide] Caustic Arrow / Toxic Rain Build Guide

feel free to ask questions and leave Feedback for improvements!!!

The Guide also includes gameplay footage:
[Video Guide] Caustic Arrow / Toxic Rain Build Guide

more vids soon.

Twitch Shaarq --> if u wanna see some live action.

Current gear:

Gear in general:
Spoiler

Quill Rain is the obvious choice.
You can also try out +3 bows or lioneyes but i think quill rain is the way to go for our kind of approach.

Nothing else is really necessary here… I use Kintsugi… as far as i know, the less damage taken modifier mitigates also darkness damage form delve, so thats pretty insane!

Bisco’s Leash is alway great for additional MF and Rampage, which is great for maps and also delves!
Duration Implicit is really good for our build!

I got pretty lucky on my Ventor from Divination Cards… hehe

I crafted this shaper Quiver myself with alt regal method. Keep in mind that the Quiver has to be ilvl80 for +1 arrow
On gloves try to get one pair with despair on hit, but it isn’t necessary at all...
On rest of your stuff try to get life, resistances, intelligence and movement speed on boots.

6 link
Caustic Arrow - Decay - Vicious Proj - Swift Affliciton - Damage on full Life - Mirage Archer

Toxic Rain - Vicious Proj - Efficacy - Void Man - Swift Affliction - Damage on full Life

4 Link
Wither - Faster Casting - Increased Duration - Spell Totem

3 Link
CwdT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

2 Link
Blink Arrow - Faster Attacks

single
Clarity, Grace

For leveling i used Toxic Rain with Mirage Archer. Also Caustic Arrow is a great leveling skill now, so choose what ever you want!

Grab Quill rain on level 9, which is your endgame weapon by the way, and go HAM!

Ascendancy
I am not the greatest fan from current Queen of the forest matter, so i looked for alternatives which are almost equally fast. So my Ascendancy Class of choice for this build is Raider.

Rapid Assault is really nice for leveling, and also map clear. Great pick for Normal Lab!
Avatar of chase gives you pretty good offenses and defenses
Way of the poacher fixes your Frenzy charge generation, say bye bye to the annoying regen from blood rage!
And last but not least Avatar of Slaughter which transitions you into speedy gonzalez

Order is Rapid Assault - Avatar of Chase - Way of the Poacher and Avatar of Slaughter.

All in all i think raider is a great choice especially with the new introduced troxic rain, which has pretty interesting stacking mechanics.

tree 93

Bandits: kill ALL
Last edited by Shaarq on Dec 18, 2018, 9:19:09 AM
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2019, 10:25:42 PM
Good guide and helpful video. Thanks for sharing.
How far have you taken the character into maps/ endgame bosses? Since you state it to be endgame viable. That being said, guide's pretty interesting & I might try it out in the near future.

Interested in your build! im trying out your build with these bad boys, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it
IGN: Zanitth
"
iOnlyRave wrote:
How far have you taken the character into maps/ endgame bosses? Since you state it to be endgame viable. That being said, guide's pretty interesting & I might try it out in the near future.

so far i killed red elder and doing t13. but it isn't a pure bosskiller, it's more of an allrounder.
"
ZanithX wrote:

Interested in your build! im trying out your build with these bad boys, would be interested to hear your thoughts on it

HH on bow builds is always pretty neat. im not sure about farruls, aspect of the cat and crit doesn't do that much for this kind of build imo.
Hi, i've started in delve with ur build. Which jewels do you recommend to use?

TY
Can you post a Path of Building link? After seeing your vid, I might have to get me the MTX for Caustic Arrow.
"
disneyw wrote:
Hi, i've started in delve with ur build. Which jewels do you recommend to use?

TY

i mention it in the end of the vid.

Chaos damage, Projectile damage, Damage over Time, Attack Speed, Inc. Life, Resistances.
"
Brazosrr wrote:
Can you post a Path of Building link? After seeing your vid, I might have to get me the MTX for Caustic Arrow.

i don't like pob that much, just import my character into it and play around yourself.
Last edited by Shaarq on Sep 11, 2018, 5:43:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info