[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
svonb wrote:
What is your opinion on a ring with "Curse Enemies with Level 12 Poacher's Mark on Hit"? Any reason to not go with this instead of regular life on attack and mana. Exepct that it will not work in hexproof maps i suppose

Poacher's mark on hit mod on an elder ring could work, but..
you want your rings with as much life gained on hit as possible, that mod with the poachers mark could be very expensive.
poachers mark give you max of 24 life gained on hit while dual elder rings can potentially get you 40, thats a big difference and sets you up almost on par with Thief's Torment ring, just without the downside of not getting life rolls.
i have a new set of rings, with low life rolls on them, one with ~40 and the 2nd with ~60.
100 flat life sounds low, but with this build its translates to almost 400 life in practice.
also, as you said, it wont work on hexaproof maps and mana mod on a rare jewel isnt hard to get.

"
Cobbo wrote:

I use a Poacher Mark ring, which allows me to suppliment my other ring for a "the taming" ring for some extra/crazy damage boost.
bought for about 60c

also would highly recommend using/getting abyss jewel with blind on attacks. very helpful for another layer of defence

can say this is the most enjoyable molten strike character ive played

"The Taming" ring is a nice boost to damage, but as i mentioned in the beginning of the guide, my focus was on defenses.
you lose life rolls on the ring and the life gained on hit mod, thats significant enough for me to give up on that ring.

as for the abyss jewel: i am actually using one, forgot to update the gear section :)

"
Hi there,

build looks solid. Already trying it out. Im at lv30 atm.

What makes me a bit curious is why did you pick MoM in skilltree? Seems for me contra-productive while having a low mana pool. 30% of 300 Mana is just 100 of mana will be takin before life. thats pretty much nothing compared to a life pool of almost 9k?!

that MoM node was picked completely by mistake, probably while moving around the tree.
it only appears on two leveling trees and not in the final tree.
i fixed it, ty.
I've been curious, how do you prevent being frozen? By strongboxes and such I don't see a remove frozen flask?
Last edited by Cobbo on Sep 19, 2018, 8:17:57 PM
"
Cobbo wrote:
I've been curious, how do you prevent being frozen? By strongboxes and such I don't see a remove frozen flask?

https://imgur.com/a/mwkRTkE

that ascendancy node makes us immune to things like freeze and temp chains.

temp chains maps will be your favorite mod with this build, as it makes your flasks and charges last forever :)
Last edited by HybridBoy on Sep 19, 2018, 8:29:07 PM
Having a blast with this build. Got this roll first try on the helmet.
Think I'll stick with it.

I don't really understand how Hall of Grandmasters works, so I was wondering if this build is viable. Also, you say something about the Avatar of Fire on Xoph's Blood saving some skill tree points, and I was wondering which you were referring to.
Last edited by whalleywhat on Sep 20, 2018, 6:37:04 AM
"
whalleywhat wrote:
Having a blast with this build. Got this roll first try on the helmet.
Think I'll stick with it.

I don't really understand how Hall of Grandmasters works, so I was wondering if this build is viable. Also, you say something about the Avatar of Fire on Xoph's Blood saving some skill tree points, and I was wondering which you were referring to.

didnt try HOGM yet.

Xoph's Blood saves 3 skill points because it grants us Avatar of Fire.
that node is located at the top left of the skill tree and has 2 benefits:
1. more damage- converts other type of damage into fire.
2. only dealing fire damage- means we can do physical reflect maps and only worry about elemental reflect maps, which is the only mod this build cant do.

"
HybridBoy wrote:

didnt try HOGM yet.

I did it in the high 70's with a trapper buddy, we had to switch kill on some of the Exiles as they melted me almost instantly. granted that was also before I had 2 decent Life gained on hit rings.

By the way thanks for this build I have enjoyed face tanking T16. I usually play glass cannons so its a nice change, still can't stand in shaper stuff but it might be that i am not high enough lvl yet.
Last edited by Nighthorror848 on Sep 20, 2018, 9:29:09 AM
"
"
HybridBoy wrote:

didnt try HOGM yet.

I did it in the high 70's with a trapper buddy, we had to switch kill on some of the Exiles as they melted me almost instantly. granted that was also before I had 2 decent Life gained on hit rings.

By the way thanks for this build I have enjoyed face tanking T16. I usually play glass cannons so its a nice change, still can't stand in shaper stuff but it might be that i am not high enough lvl yet.

oh, good to know ^^

in order for you to tank shaper's beam you need to have a high life pool so the regen and leech will be high, also decent life gained on hit.

in the current state i can also tank and the slam if im not in the middle of the AOE, tho with not much life left so its better to avoid it, i just wanted to test :P

also the elder freeze+degen thing is easily tankable.

im working on new gear, when i get all what i want, will make shaper, elder and Uber elder videos.
hi there,

a little update from my side till I started this build 2 days ago. Yesterday I leveld from lv30 to lv79 atm. Got almost all gear. NOT cheap btw. if you go Xophs and all the other stuff. But hell of fun build. Tanky and lots of dmg. Just the way I love it.

All im missing atm is Dying Sun and the Enchant Molten Strike on Helmet. Just too expensive. The Enchant on the helmet costs around 20ex+. Already spend 15ex+ on that build. No regrets so far.

I tested it in Delve. This is what I could tank - Darkness 739!!:

https://ibb.co/mxv3cK

And thats not all. I almost got 7k life and the next 7 level ups are life nodes with 5% only. This is in total 35% more life. That means im around 9,5k life at the end and there is still room to improve for more. 10k life pool is EASY obtainable.

Thanks for the build so far. Feel free to check my profile. If you see something what can be improved let me know here. :)

See ya

Last edited by matizzle_dizzle on Sep 21, 2018, 7:22:24 AM
"
hi there,

a little update from my side till I started this build 2 days ago. Yesterday I leveld from lv30 to lv79 atm. Got almost all gear. NOT cheap btw. if you go Xophs and all the other stuff. But hell of fun build. Tanky and lots of dmg. Just the way I love it.

All im missing atm is Dying Sun and the Enchant Molten Strike on Helmet. Just too expensive. The Enchant on the helmet costs around 20ex+. Already spend 15ex+ on that build. No regrets so far.

I tested it in Delve. This is what I could tank - Darkness 739!!:

https://ibb.co/mxv3cK

And thats not all. I almost got 7k life and the next 7 level ups are life nodes with 5% only. This is in total 35% more life. That means im around 9,5k life at the end and there is still room to improve for more. 10k life pool is EASY obtainable.

Thanks for the build so far. Feel free to check my profile. If you see something what can be improved let me know here. :)

See ya

Its cheap depends on how much you want to invest in it and on league.
in STD you could make a version of this build for just few exalts :)
you have good gear on Delve so its much more expensive to make than STD.

for improvement- not much excluding what you already mentioned.
you have another jewel socket to take, and you only need one +2 mana jewel.
you want your rare jewels with life, attack speed (preferably "with swords" variant as it has the highest roll) and anything else you can afford like another attack speed roll or dex.

for endgame content a watcher's eye with anger leech mod is HIGHLY recommended.
alternative for that would be a warlord's mark on hit ring.
but both are expensive anyway.

happy to hear you like the guide ^^

Last edited by HybridBoy on Sep 21, 2018, 9:25:05 AM
how does this build take on elemental reflect maps? im currently stumped doing a map that I cant afford to just lose. can someone take a look at my characters BaLIsHangLow, and tell me what I would need to change?

loving the build so far,

did all guardians and shaper deathless
almost all facetank

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info