[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
ghrin13 wrote:
So i'm in act 10 myself. Looking at your gear, if you can get a Thief's torment and Ichimonji, you'll feel so much better. Also try to keep res capped.

Thank you so much man, you helped me pick up the build again with these two items. I am onto mapping, it's still not comfortable but I am not dying instantly anymore and I think I can make progress from here :).

"
HybridBoy wrote:
idk what are all the complaints about league starting BS.
i didnt say its a good league starter..
hell, i even mentioned at least twice that this build doesnt work on low budget anymore and you need to invest in end game gear so this should be your 2nd build if you like molten strike.

No problem man, it is ok for people to criticize your build. It is not a good starting build since you don't talk about anything that could help us before literal end game. And it is ok if that's not what you're going for, make what you want but don't be upset when people point out the holes :).

"
RoyalMarauder wrote:
Again if your Standard player should you use 1 or 2 Wildfire Jewels ?

I don't know if you'll get here a serious answer here so I will be the one to do it. All versions are limited to just one.
"
Morganathon wrote:
"
ghrin13 wrote:
So i'm in act 10 myself. Looking at your gear, if you can get a Thief's torment and Ichimonji, you'll feel so much better. Also try to keep res capped.

Thank you so much man, you helped me pick up the build again with these two items. I am onto mapping, it's still not comfortable but I am not dying instantly anymore and I think I can make progress from here :).

"
HybridBoy wrote:
idk what are all the complaints about league starting BS.
i didnt say its a good league starter..
hell, i even mentioned at least twice that this build doesnt work on low budget anymore and you need to invest in end game gear so this should be your 2nd build if you like molten strike.

No problem man, it is ok for people to criticize your build. It is not a good starting build since you don't talk about anything that could help us before literal end game. And it is ok if that's not what you're going for, make what you want but don't be upset when people point out the holes :).

"
RoyalMarauder wrote:
Again if your Standard player should you use 1 or 2 Wildfire Jewels ?

I don't know if you'll get here a serious answer here so I will be the one to do it. All versions are limited to just one.

You're welcome bro. Hybrid has outdone himself time and time again with this build. It's always been a kickass build, and I'm positive that the community can find a way to easily league start with this. It doesn't reach full potential until you get the big gear out of the way, but it's still a juggernaut and it's doable. I done it, anyway lol.
Hey Hybrid.
I have a question, what's the point of berserk in the latest PoB ?
Never used rage mechanic, but I guess you have to generate rage to use berserk and I don't see how to do that actually with the setup :)
"
Jakhor wrote:
Hey Hybrid.
Never used rage mechanic, but I guess you have to generate rage to use berserk and I don't see how to do that actually with the setup :)

i was wondering htis myself and i think i found a way to incoporate it but we will LOSE a little bit of HP.

Axe mastery allows us to generate rage with an axe or sword, and if we take the notable "hatchet master"(just above iron reflexes, and barely to the left) this will allow us to generate rage, but in order to do so we need to free up 5(including the mastery point itself) points so what i finagled is taking the bottom strength nodes from our start of the passive tree instead of going for the armor/max life that frees up 2 points. If we dont take the jewel socket at the top left of the tree thats 3. If we dont take "iron grip" keystone thats 4, and now i chose to not take "master of the arena"(located within the top left sife of the thread of hope jewel ring) because it provided a little hp/dps. Thats 5 points now, enough to get "hatchet mastery" and get the axe mastery that allows us to generate rage with our swords. Plus we get 20% chance to get onslaught on kill as well from the "hatchet master" notable.

I figure with faster attacks supporting whirling blades, thats more so QOL to make whirling feel smoother so if we take that out to use berserk, POB is showing literally a 47.7% dps increase of almost 4M bumping the full dps to 12,264,685. IDK if i did the most efficient way of freeing up 5 points but i think the MASSIVE dps boost we get from being able to actually use berserk outways the small hp/dps boot we lose to free up the skill points.

im still new to this build and using POB in general so please let me know if i did something wrong/didnt account for something!
Last edited by holyshnikeze on Oct 26, 2021, 8:30:31 AM
"
holyshnikeze wrote:
"
Jakhor wrote:
Hey Hybrid.

i was wondering htis myself and i think i found a way to incoporate it but we will LOSE a little bit of HP.

Axe mastery allows us to generate rage with an axe or sword, and if we take the notable "hatchet master"(just above iron reflexes, and barely to the left) this will allow us to generate rage, but in order to do so we need to free up 5(including the mastery point itself) points so what i finagled is taking the bottom strength nodes from our start of the passive tree instead of going for the armor/max life that frees up 2 points. If we dont take the jewel socket at the top left of the tree thats 3. If we dont take "iron grip" keystone thats 4, and now i chose to not take "master of the arena"(located within the top left sife of the thread of hope jewel ring) because it provided a little hp/dps. Thats 5 points now, enough to get "hatchet mastery" and get the axe mastery that allows us to generate rage with our swords. Plus we get 20% chance to get onslaught on kill as well from the "hatchet master" notable.

I figure with faster attacks supporting whirling blades, thats more so QOL to make whirling feel smoother so if we take that out to use berserk, POB is showing literally a 47.7% dps increase of almost 4M bumping the full dps to 12,264,685. IDK if i did the most efficient way of freeing up 5 points but i think the MASSIVE dps boost we get from being able to actually use berserk outways the small hp/dps boot we lose to free up the skill points.

im still new to this build and using POB in general so please let me know if i did something wrong/didnt account for something!

Hey, so take my answer as a placeholder and with a grain of salt until Hybrid can get back to you, but I believe that Berserk was a left over skill from when the Hyrdosphere with rage support? was used and it was just left in the tree.
@Hybridboy: this build is ridiculous fun and I appreciate the hard work you are putting in here. Keep it going!

I play it the first time and from league start and am only lvl70 right now. Had some issues as promised by Hyrbidboy so I wasn't wondering at all. All went as described. For starter it is definitely important to cap resists. Some bosses are nevertheless harder than others but one can deal with it if you know mechanics.

After reaching lvl66 I was lucky to have 30c, got my Grelwood and the large cluster jewel. No more mana problems and smooth damage.

Now its time to gather currency for the rest of the gear. Looking forward to a super strong balanced defense/offence char.
Last edited by PoE_maTT on Oct 26, 2021, 4:39:58 PM
In principle I really like the idea of this build. However, personally find it near to almost impossible to find almost identical items to fill out the build, making it far more prone to being one offed on any of the red maps. Otherwise, in principle I really like the idea of this build, just a shame it's really hard to locate the gear to make it really work.
"
Morganathon wrote:

im not upset :)
just wondered where those are coming from.

outside of the fact i mentioned it, you can clearly tell from the POB that the gear is very end game (corruptions, alt quality, clusters etc..).

"
Jakhor wrote:
Hey Hybrid.

as mentioned before, berserk was a leftover from experimenting with the POB.
the skill is there but not active, will fix it.

"
Quill72 wrote:
In principle I really like the idea of this build. However, personally find it near to almost impossible to find almost identical items to fill out the build, making it far more prone to being one offed on any of the red maps. Otherwise, in principle I really like the idea of this build, just a shame it's really hard to locate the gear to make it really work.

i agree, its hard to get all the gear right and the build might feel off before that point.

the game became much harder these days, so many boxes to "tick" defense wise that require a lot of investment, which put pressure on gear.

just some of the things to consider when making a tanky build:
immunity to:
freeze
chill
shock (this is nasty and will get you one shotted)
scorch
brittle
stuns
curses

now you need mitigation so you have to get:
max res
cap chaos res
physical damage mitigation (endurance charges, armor)
fortify
reduced damage taken from crits (some maps will have +50% crit multi thats basically double damage dealt by monsters)
big life pool

those are just the mandatory stuff, you need more sources of defense and recovery.

now on top of that try to get damage, speed, smoothness, ease of use and so on..

i was looking for a new build myself and i simply couldnt find one that can be actual tank but also have high DPS and good clear.

most builds just rely on "dont get hit" and "kill before they kill you" with the casual 75 max res, -60 chaos res, no physical mitigation, no block, no evasion..

thats also a valid way to play the game, but i dont like it personally.
i played my fair share of ZHP zoom zoom builds, they can be fun, but just to the point you get one shotted by a random BS.

Hello, I am wondering if we still go for Tribal Fury in the passive skill tree? In the guide you mentioned that if combined with hunter gloves.

"to work around this, we take Tribal Fury on the tree and use a pair of gloves with a specific hunter mod.
with those two sources we can get +2 targets just like Ancestral Call, but without any loss of damage as we can now use a proper support gem instead of Ancestral Call."

Beginner player here. not trolling.

I am asking because you didn't go for in the skill tree.
Last edited by gustavo8889 on Oct 27, 2021, 3:08:49 PM
Is anybody playing this in 3.16? if so, mind sharing info about how it performs in mapping / bossing - make your character visable :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info