[3.13] TOXIC RAIN + HERALD OF AGONY Pathfinder Build (6-8K life) (UBER ELDER done!) +VIDEO GUIDE!

"
"
Dhindman wrote:
"
You can only have around 20 pods at a time on the ground though, so you can't infinitely stack them.

I don't think this is true.

I league started a similar build with Pathfinder before I realized that the DoT could stack. I then re-rolled Trickster to focus attack speed and skill effect duration and from what I can tell there is no cap on the number of pods, or it is way higher than the 20 that you claim.

If it were limited to just 20, you would reach the cap at a mere 5 attacks per second. I'm pushing 11 attacks per second on my Trickster and the DPS is much, much higher than what it was at 5. That isn't even accounting for Mirage Archer which is attacking at around 7 APS. Also, buffs like the speed shrine still provide a massive DPS increase for me.

So in my experience you can absolutely focus on the DoT damage and scale it seemingly endlessly with attack speed and skill effect duration. I would suggest pulling this claim from your guide unless you can back it up with hard data.

So far i only rely on my own video recordings. I recorded videos with both 1.5 aps and 3.3 aps. With 3.3 APS i planted 20 pods max and they ALWAYS expired before another portion was planted.
And since noone else provided any video proof i am, for now, sure with this assumptions.
If anyone could record it with for example dying sun or very high APS and then count pods frame by frame: i would gladly remove the false claim.

Fair enough, but I think it could be the case that only X number of pods will be visible at any given moment, but they are still there dealing damage. For performance reasons, perhaps.

I think the difference in DPS is obvious enough to rule out a hard cap and its easy to test. If you suspect you are at a cap, take on a tanky map boss and use Vaal Haste. If you notice a DPS increase after activating it, surely that means you aren't at a cap.
"
"

So far i only rely on my own video recordings. I recorded videos with both 1.5 aps and 3.3 aps. With 3.3 APS i planted 20 pods max and they ALWAYS expired before another portion was planted.
And since noone else provided any video proof i am, for now, sure with this assumptions.
If anyone could record it with for example dying sun or very high APS and then count pods frame by frame: i would gladly remove the false claim.

I think the reason you only see maxium 20 pods is because it is being limited by your Aps,which is 3.3 . With 5 pods per shot x 3.3 aps you can only reach around 16 pods at the same time.
"
Hyred wrote:
"
"

I think the reason you only see maxium 20 pods is because it is being limited by your Aps,which is 3.3 . With 5 pods per shot x 3.3 aps you can only reach around 16 pods at the same time.

If you want to test then you could equip the Increase duration effect,which makes those pods last about more 0.6 second so you will have more pods on the ground + faster attack support.
"
Dhindman wrote:
"
You can only have around 20 pods at a time on the ground though, so you can't infinitely stack them.

I league started a similar build with Pathfinder before I realized that the DoT could stack. I then re-rolled Trickster to focus attack speed and skill effect duration and from what I can tell there is no cap on the number of pods, or it is way higher than the 20 that you claim.

If it were limited to just 20, you would reach the cap at a mere 5 attacks per second. I'm pushing 11 attacks per second on my Trickster and the DPS is much, much higher than what it was at 5. That isn't even accounting for Mirage Archer which is attacking at around 7 APS. Also, buffs like the speed shrine still provide a massive DPS increase for me.

So in my experience you can absolutely focus on the DoT damage and scale it seemingly endlessly with attack speed and skill effect duration. I would suggest pulling this claim from your guide unless you can back it up with hard data.

Pob only count 1 arrow from toxic rain(you can test by equip Dying sun,the Dot still the same) so if there really were 20 pods max you will need more than 20 aps to test,which is basically impposible. i could be wrong thought
"
Hyred wrote:
"
Dhindman wrote:
"

Pob only count 1 arrow from toxic rain(you can test by equip Dying sun,the Dot still the same) so if there really were 20 pods max you will need more than 20 aps to test,which is basically impposible. i could be wrong thought

Couple things; you are not accounting for the number of pods placed per shot nor the skill effect duration. The APS needed to sustain 20 pods is actually lower than I originally wrote as each shot places 5 pods, not 4. With a base duration of 1 second one would need just 4 APS to sustain 20 pods. You can more than double both that APS and the pod duration. Throw in Mirage Archer on top of that and you would be well, well beyond 20 pods sustained.
ya i myself am now positive that you can have more than 20 pods. i don't have video of it nor will i take any, but you can notice just in the dps done.

just for context, i regularly have 8.4 attacks per second, and mirage archer on top of that, equaling approx 12 attacks per second.
but once i get an acceleration shrine, shit becomes unreal. the dps goes through the roof. so yes maybe the pods do disappear for performance reasons but im certain you can get more than 20 active damaging pods at a given time.
with this build I can make all the content of the game?
"
xMustard wrote:
ya i myself am now positive that you can have more than 20 pods. i don't have video of it nor will i take any, but you can notice just in the dps done.

just for context, i regularly have 8.4 attacks per second, and mirage archer on top of that, equaling approx 12 attacks per second.
but once i get an acceleration shrine, shit becomes unreal. the dps goes through the roof. so yes maybe the pods do disappear for performance reasons but im certain you can get more than 20 active damaging pods at a given time.

It has nothing to do with more pods, it is because you place them faster thus making the first ones explode more. I'm watching and saving video have yet to see more than 20. In fact one post recommends less duration not more.
"
Ginospadino wrote:
Thanks a lot for writing a guide for this new skill! One question: did you consider using less duration in TR 6l? In POB i get the most damage out of this gem. It makes the explosions happens really fast and works very well with the high attack speed of Quill Rain. Looking forward for more updates on your build. Keep up the good work!

I think this is great gem if you are going the EXPLOSION route, especially with a high phys bow. Overall there are many ways! Depends on what you actually want to scale!
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
"
NadeLord wrote:
I hope you know you have your main 6l set up in your gloves for a 7 link.

Oh god! Thanx for that. I was messing around and forgot to switch back lol
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info