GhazzyTV - 20+ mil sDPS Dominating Blow & Herald of Purity [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

Hello Ghazzy and everyone using this fun as hell build.

Now, make a note on some things: I'm not a fan of minions, never had built a Guardian (Although I always wanted to). Said that, if you're having any doubts or troubles with the build, let me bend your ear (or eyes?) for a minute.

- Smooth and incredible fast leveling (using the instructions here, with minor tweaks);
- Easy as hell to get maping and with pretty garbage items;
- Spent chaos with: helmet 1c, The Writhing Jar 1c (was 5c day one, 3c day 2), cards for Belly of the Beast (droped one, bought 5 = 5c, Brightbeak 5c, Rashkaldor's Patience 1c, Garukhan's Flight 5c (just for my health and patience, there's cheaper ones at that moment);
- Capped resistances (with garbage rares!)
- 6.5k life so damn easy! (6.501 to be exact, also with pure garbage rares).

So, got some tweaks and additions: CWDT setup includes Desecrate, Immortal Call and Convocation (reason: convocation to shield you, doing a barrier and your minions getting ride of what hit you, while Desecrate grants bodies for Flesh Offering, that I'm using self cast, a huge boost for my army).

Helmet +2 levels of minions gems with: Flesh Offering, Herald of Purity, Minion Damage and Herald of Agony, so 2 levels for 4 gems. Herald of Agony works well because I got 4 aps with Smite (attacks per second, check the Smite setup), so I'm poisoning reasonable well, not like a real HoA build, but the stacks got pretty high and sustained.

I'm doing some tinkering here so, don't take it too deep, but you may wonder, WHY Herald of Agony? A ranged, fast, immortal minion, that can aggro offscreen, WHY NOT!?

Smite, Faster Attacks, Inc. AoE and Poison Support, another setup as a work in progress, with poison support I got 80% chance of poison enemies, this with 4 aps on Smite, we got HoA working well and smite keeps doing it's buff service.

Garukhan's Flight, the immunity to these pesky ground things, 30% mov. speed, dexterity, +2 live per 10 dex (not that huge, but hey, I'm already 6.5k) plus that juicy 100 life regen while moving AKA ALWAYS, damn, makes this boots awesome!

Rashkaldor's Patience Jade Amulet, a very pleasant surprise, costs only 1c, this amulet shines with: high max. life, high dexterity (with i'm struggling a little), the 10% reduction of attribute requirements shone like a star on a dark night, I could put more level on the dex gems and freely move my older amulet and rings (worst than these ones, unbelievable) and the last and not the least impressive: "Cannot gain power charges". This was disturbing me a lot, these pesky power charges occupying the space of valuable endurance and frenzy charges! Now I only get these resourceful ones while the power charges that this build can't benefit at all, The Harmony of Purpose get more attractive and resourceful!

This is the PoB to my character at this moment, level 82, doing yellow maps with little surprises (IE lag spikes, that supernatural dmgs and Cameria & Haku in Intervention, really, get these 2 out of Syndicate asap you can).

I will still do some tinkering and tweaks, hope you guys are having fun, check out these tweaks and hope to see more tweaks from you for this build.

Last edited by PerfectBlueX on Dec 10, 2018, 3:25:52 AM
Thanks for the build.How about the new fated version of Matua Tupuna ,Whakatutuki o Matua ? It provides +3 level to minion gems and 20% effect of auras which I think it is worth the lack of life(500 life maybe?)
"
PerfectBlueX wrote:
Hello Ghazzy and everyone using this fun as hell build.

Now, make a note on some things: I'm not a fan of minions, never had built a Guardian (Although I always wanted to). Said that, if you're having any doubts or troubles with the build, let me bend your ear (or eyes?) for a minute.

Hi, thanks for your input! However I think your minion DPS is really low for your level. Why are you not utilizing Hatred for your minions? You can even combine it with EE. That will give a huge damage spike.
When I use my writhing jar flask, my stone golem always kills it before I do, therefore, I am having a hard time in boss fights where there is nothing to kill to start summoning my sentinels. How can I utilize the Writhing Jar Flask better without unsummoning my golem?
Spoiler
"
Gixxpunk wrote:
I like this build so far. Thanks for the guide Ghazzy!

I also made some adjustments that are:

Gear:
1H DPS Axe instead of Brightbeak

Gems:
1) Remove Smite (Used it only for leveling until I got Writhing Jar)
2) Switch Ancestral Call for Melee Splash
3) Use Vaal Summon Skeletons
4) Use Raise Spectre

Tree:
I didn't go for the witch minion nodes but instead went Elemental Equilibrium and Sovereignity.

Very fast gameplay and good DPS!

nice read but:
i have a hard time to understand Elemental Equilibrium in this build:
is it right that you use Elemental Equilibrium to lower cold resist that hatred make more dmg? but wich element / skill do you use to lower cold resist?
wich spectres do you use?

"
Heralin wrote:

i have a hard time to understand Elemental Equilibrium in this build:
is it right that you use Elemental Equilibrium to lower cold resist that hatred make more dmg? but wich element / skill do you use to lower cold resist?

I use Dominating Blow to trigger EE. Look at my ring.

"
Heralin wrote:

wich spectres do you use?

Carnage Chieftain for Frenzy charges.

"
Gixxpunk wrote:

I use Dominating Blow to trigger EE. Look at my ring.

that was exactly what i was missing :D ty!

"
Gixxpunk wrote:

Carnage Chieftain for Frenzy charges.

will you skill into harmony of purpose with the uber lab? any ideas what fit in when i skill harmony of purpose
Currenntly level 74
Life : 4852
ES : 191
Mana : 883
Currently leveling goes very smooth maybe some tips and tricks would be very nice or switching some gems around

Spoiler
"
Hi, thanks for your input! However I think your minion DPS is really low for your level. Why are you not utilizing Hatred for your minions? You can even combine it with EE. That will give a huge damage spike.

I was planning do EE with a correct ring adding damage other than cold or getting Avatar of Fire, I wasn't sure about Generosity + Hatred setup would affect the minions, I've done a new setup after some tests, the dps goes up, but to be honest, the real reason was Maim instead Ancestral Call, but I can't feel a huge difference while maping, maybe if I got more phys dmg to enhance Hatred, dunno.

I'll try find a ring to proc EE and get rid of Avatar of Fire and invest in more jewels sockets.

PoB, 84 atm
Did a bit of theorycrafting yesterday night, Maybe I'll go full physical soon... Brutality is also a very good Multiplyer and it would free up 2 Gem slots for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info