[DEAD] FunRoom's Crit Herald of Agony PF/Ascendant [Budget] [Uber Elder] [2.8M+ Shaper DPS]

In this build, Agony Crawler would optimally have:

40% phys damage converted to chaos damage
50% phys damage converted to lightning damage (phys to light support)
29% phys damage added as extra lightning damage (phys to light support)
55% phys damage added as extra cold damage (Hatred)
20% phys damage added as extra cold damage (grip of council)

which results in a maximum dps including:
10% Physical Damage
40% Chaos Damage
75% Cold Damage
79% Lightning Damage

Where those 154% elemental damage would gain benefit from Elemental Equilibrium, resulting in an even higher dps.
according to this table, our agony only has total 10% dmg as physical in full dmg right? (after all the conversion, add)
then why not swap 'vicious projectiles support' to 'elemental damage with attacks support'? any idea about this?

Supported Skills deal (30-49)% more Physical Projectile Attack Damage
Supported Skills have 10% less Projectile Attack Speed
Supported Skills deal (30-49)% more Physical Damage over Time
Supported Skills deal (30-49)% more Chaos Damage over Time

we only take benefit from 49% more chaos DoT, physical projectil attack dmg
at gem level 20.

ps. I made a small change to your build and currently playing as jugg, molten strike. MS is only for poison stacks and proc EE
"

then why not swap 'vicious projectiles support' to 'elemental damage with attacks support'? any idea about this?

Because we are swapping vicious projectiles with pierce, which is also a green gem.

Another reason is, I don't use physical to lightning during normal map farming. Only full ele dam in boss fights.
Right, just fire.
Why does dying sun not add projectiles to the crawler, it says your skills fire 2 more proj, herald is a skill.

Also, why doesnt rigwald's quills make the crawlers projectiles fork? it says "projectiles fork" not "your proj fork" or arrows fork or anything.

Is this something overlooked by ggg that works on other minions or am i just too new to the minion playstyle to know better?
"
kazeshi wrote:
Why does dying sun not add projectiles to the crawler, it says your skills fire 2 more proj, herald is a skill.

Also, why doesnt rigwald's quills make the crawlers projectiles fork? it says "projectiles fork" not "your proj fork" or arrows fork or anything.

Is this something overlooked by ggg that works on other minions or am i just too new to the minion playstyle to know better?

Minions does not gain these buffs. Herald of Agony is a skill which gives you 20% chance to poison and summons a minion. And a minion would only benefit from minion mods. Skills that you fire gets benefit from dying sun and rigwald's quills, but those would not apply on minions.

The only one exception is the umbilicus immortalis, which with that belt equipped, your dying sun will then give additional projectiles to your zombies(which means no) and spectres(some of them).
Right, just fire.
Last edited by FunRoom on Oct 23, 2018, 2:01:13 AM
Just wanted to drop by and say thank you very much for sharing your build.

This is my first minion build so I appreciated your explanations of minion interactions. And I don't think it's a long guide. Have seen much longer guides with much less information.

Overall a very enjoyable character with nice balance of offence and defence and also quite fast on maps.

Sad, that it didn't get more attention. Well, on the other hand, it kept prices for equipment low :-)

Ok, need to brag a little. Just killed Aul at depth 512 with this build. But can't really recommend it for that. Threw like 30k sulphit at it and still uberelder feels like a walk in the park in comparison.

Don't know if it really helped, but since I had the feeling, that I needed even more life, I switched to 2-socket-tombfists (cheaper than command of the pit) and a ring with 120 life instead of my usual shaper-ring. Only netted around 360 more life.

Also used frost bomb instead of spirit offering for that fight.
Last edited by pug2342 on Oct 27, 2018, 9:24:02 AM
So we finally have a Path of Building update and Agony Crawler dmg shown.

3m shaper with the split arrow is not bad for mine:
https://pastebin.com/fUbvgE62
I assume that is per projectile?!

heya! i absolutely love this build!

i went for dual curse (poachers, assasins), and tried to maximize LoH (with prismatic jewel(LoH when aff. w. vitality)+aul's free vitality).
command of the pit with 2 abyss for pushing life.
currently 7.7k-7.9k life, depending on setup.
i am swapping assasins/life ring with enfeeble(codt)/spirit offering on bosses.
for delving i am using ruby/sapphire/topaz/wise oak/granite

i am feeling godlike ;D
Last edited by sweafa on Nov 3, 2018, 9:29:31 AM
I just had my first ever Uber Elder kill tonight with this build :D!

Previously, I was running an occultist version of agony which I will link here if anyone is interested (https://pastebin.com/49nAhsky) - in a pseudo 5 link +3 minion gems helm - with triple curse - 2 curse on hit with bow and aura enhanced temp chains - it was pretty good, except for all the can't be slowed below base speed stuff in delve. It was actually a slightly smoother mapper due to profane bloom and malediction I think.... BUT, it hit like a wet noodle when malediction was down (on bosses) - which tonight I just thought of using writhing worms on boss fights to keep it up. I also didn't know there was an on hit for energy shield recovery via watcher's eye which would have helped with survivability a bit too.

Anyway, this iteration is fantastic and I am very happy with it. This is my 5th character over level 92 this league and by far my favorite so far, especially since getting my first Uber Elder kill :D :D(I just started playing a little after halfway through Incursion). Thanks for the build!

Oh and Delve depth at 470 so far.
I've done a lot more testing on both my Pathfinder and Occultist and found out 2 things. First, the minion is benefiting from the 10 percent increased damage taken, but not the 8 percent as extra chaos per curse on death. Second, projectile weakness is doing most of the heavy lifting on the Occultist - something like 40 some percent increased damage. I was so used to thinking that increased was not very good, except in this case it's actually like another more. It's actually like more than a more because it's like another 2 gems - it makes projectiles pierce all, it provides knockback and most importantly it increases dps overall somewhere in the range of 40+ percent.

With Projectile weakness - https://pastebin.com/cYvpWjKj

Without projectile weakness - https://pastebin.com/1EMBUSsA

The downside is you can't rely on it too heavily for Shaper / Uber Elder because of the Curse reduction, however, if you toggle for Shaper in PoB you'll see my Occultist is still doing a respectable 1.3mil in a 4 link helm (Psuedo 5 link) with no funny business in the configuration. Anyway, just wanted to share.
"
CapnSparrow wrote:

The reason why you thought increased mods are bad is because you have too many of them.

A typical elemental spell build can have like 900% increase damage, and a 20% increase on top of that would have diminishing effect, that you can barely feel the damage increase.

However, on this Herald build, you are much less likely to find increased mods to buff your agony crawler. On my build it is like 150% I guess. Thus a 40% extra increased mod would be equivalent to a 30% more multiplier to minion damage, which is significant enough for you to feel the difference.

My build did not push minion damage to its limit at all. Instead it just stayed on the "this damage can clear everything comfortably" range, which is enough for me. Further upgrades would cost more than double of my current build cost and that's not necessary at all.
Right, just fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info