[3.4] Trickster - Consecrated Path - SC/HC - ~500kdps - Theorycraft/WIP/Concept

I've been leveling one casually in league. Still going through storyline (recently hit act 9). It's been fun so far; good damage and the HoP minions help soak hits.

Currently running dual scepters for the double +elemental damage passives coupled with physical to lightning. Running ice bite support until I can snag Swift Killer with my 3rd ascendancy for a constant stream of frenzy charges while running with Hatred.

With Charisma I'm able to run all of Hatred, Herald of Purity, and Blasphemy (currently elemental weakness). This leaves me with ~20 mana so I can use a totem of choice as well and golem is summoned via CWDT. My only deaths to date are boss fights where I get one shot because I can't dodge for poop.
"
Was hoping I'd find someone that also thought of a similar build. A few days ago, after getting bored with Delve, thought I'd create a consecrated path build...Trickster stood out because of the free movement skill and proximity to crit nodes.

Anyway, I used a standard character to build facebreaker(legacy 932%) crit based, without full elemental convertions. I haven't put the build into Path of Builds yet but it's really strong and fun to play.

I'm glad to hear you're having fun! The skill's really satisfying to use, the sound is nice and things shattering with hatred and crit is music. Facebreaker's is always an interesting thing to build with as well. I love punching things with skills. I wonder how well CP (with any asc really) would fare with modern facebreakers...

"
Finis_Terrae wrote:
A similar or same build could also be played with Charged Dash. It has a bad reputation because of its weird mechanics but I played a Berserker Charged dash Starter Build suggested by Mathil last league and if you get used to it it was a lot of fun.
Reading your build idea I am thinking that Trickster could fit nicely the way you describe it. :)

Did you continue playing your Consecrated Path Character? do you have a report how it went so far?

I got much busier than I expected at the start of the league. I ripped the first one I made because I went into Brine King without max lightning and died to a lightning strike I couldn't see hiding in his model. So I made an arc totem build to get money to make leveling as an attack build not god awful. Even then I still leveled as Blade Vortex for quite a while, up to solaris/lunaris. I did switch to CP before 68 though, closer to 58-60. Innsbury's Edge is a nice leveling main hand for that, with princess/primsatic eclipse off hand. Works fine for leveling in Blood Aqueduct till 68, then an Ahn's might lets you breeze through the rest of the game till maps.

https://pastebin.com/bGMCUt7V

I'm only at 83 currently and kind of hitting a wall in tier 8+ maps. Hard to kill the bosses. I don't have nearly as much life and damage as I should because my gear is kinda bad, but I do dodge a ton of stuff as I hoped. Some day I'll actually get the last trial I'm missing for uberlab and get Ghost Dancing. The 10% dodge should help some, and doing a bit more damage after getting hit will be nice. But I need a better ring, the neck isn't super great, the belt's ok, gloves are eh, flasks are bad, I don't have jewel slots, etc. There's a lot of room for improvement, just requires a bit of money and time to get sorted.

"
scytheavatar wrote:
Trickster is a terrible class for Consecrated Path...... no mana cost is a huge negative as it means no 6% reduced Damage Taken. Without that or MoM Trickster will be a glass cannon compared to other Melee classes.

Think it's hard to justify going for Trickster rather than an Slayer/Trickster Ascendant, which allows you access to the left hand side of the skill tree and is far more flexible.

The point of having no cost is to reserve all of your mana for heralds and hatred. It is a bit of a glass cannon and somewhat squishy, sure. Relies on the ~60% dodge chance quite a bit to get through things. Saying it's not justified to go trickster because of a single node not being 100% utilized is a bit hyperbolic. You missed that I'm also not using Ghost Dance to its fullest, since I'm not going ES and missing out quite often on the extra damage/attack speed when ES starts regen. There are probably more damage or survivability optimized ascendancies, but I wasn't trying for that with this, more going for one gimmick and seeing how it worked out.

The more I play, the more I'm sure it would be a lot better as Inquisitor than anything. Maybe Scion Inquis and like four other possible ascendancies would work pretty nicely. No elemental ailments pretty much all of the time seems good and you can focus your flasks more on damage. Inquis-Slayer would be decent, but also something like Inquis-Jugg or Inquis-Raider/Pathfinder would be interesting as well. These are different builds though, and aren't really focused on the whole "reserve all of your mana because you don't use it" schtick.

"
philsov wrote:
I've been leveling one casually in league. Still going through storyline (recently hit act 9). It's been fun so far; good damage and the HoP minions help soak hits.

Currently running dual scepters for the double +elemental damage passives coupled with physical to lightning. Running ice bite support until I can snag Swift Killer with my 3rd ascendancy for a constant stream of frenzy charges while running with Hatred.

With Charisma I'm able to run all of Hatred, Herald of Purity, and Blasphemy (currently elemental weakness). This leaves me with ~20 mana so I can use a totem of choice as well and golem is summoned via CWDT. My only deaths to date are boss fights where I get one shot because I can't dodge for poop.

Charisma is right there isn't it. My current build I've got Decoy totem linked to blood magic. You've got enough regen and/or leech to not notice the cost. I should move a golem onto my cwd setup. I hate managing golems so I usually either ignore them or slap Chaos golem onto cwdt.
golem ?:D
Guides like these are a the reason why I love this game! :D

I was thinking about a new kind of build I want to play and was planning Tree + Gear and so on....
Then I asked the big G (oogle): "es based consecrated path" and here I am.
Yes, this guide isn't want I was looking for but the fact that people try to build a Trickster using Consecrated Path like I was planning to do, is just cool.

My build would look like this:

Tree:

Gear:

I know, this is far away from beeing a build^^
Last edited by elbramso on Sep 25, 2018, 9:52:13 AM
There's a guy (bondisk) owning everybody in pvp at my server at the moment - a trickster consecrated path build (With closed profile). He managed to consistently trash my xirgil's crank occultist, which is hard to do. Don't know what he's using, but it Works.

I believe he's a LL ES based toon.
Last edited by Viwaldi on Oct 2, 2018, 7:49:17 PM
"
Viwaldi wrote:
There's a guy (bondisk) owning everybody in pvp at my server at the moment - a trickster consecrated path build (With closed profile). He managed to consistently trash my xirgil's crank occultist, which is hard to do. Don't know what he's using, but it Works.

I believe he's a LL ES based toon.

So dear Mr. Bondisk, please let us know ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info