3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

just wondering whats better for a chest. A loreweave or i got a shaped saintly mail with 1.2 crit spells, 80 maxlife, 40res. does the maxres really help that much or is the crit spells + maxlife better
"
HatMatter wrote:
Your guide suggests for the chest

"
"Controlled Destruction,(5l) inc Crit Strikes"

which seems a bit counterintuitive at first glance. Do we pick up enough + crit chance that the downside of Controlled Destruction is mitigated or am I missing another crucial interation here?

Controlled Destruction doesn't remove as much critical strike chance as you probably think is all. The -% crit chance is basically additive with your critical strike increases in the tree, rather than some kind of multiplier against your critical strike chance after everything is calculated.

For example just looking at my own "endgame-ish" PoB template, Controlled Destruction takes my standard critical strike chance go from 50.44% to 44.19% (or 75.66% to 68.85% effective crit with flasks up). That much of a change is far more than offset by the huge damage multiplier given by Controlled Destruction (to the tune of 97.2k DPS per totem in that example). It's one of the most powerful spell multipliers even when we're going for a fair amount of crit.
Last edited by Wallach on Dec 14, 2018, 10:41:01 PM
"
Wallach wrote:
"
HatMatter wrote:
Your guide suggests for the chest

"
"Controlled Destruction,(5l) inc Crit Strikes"

which seems a bit counterintuitive at first glance. Do we pick up enough + crit chance that the downside of Controlled Destruction is mitigated or am I missing another crucial interation here?

Controlled Destruction doesn't remove as much critical strike chance as you probably think is all. The -% crit chance is basically additive with your critical strike increases in the tree, rather than some kind of multiplier against your critical strike chance after everything is calculated.

For example just looking at my own "endgame-ish" PoB template, Controlled Destruction takes my standard critical strike chance go from 50.44% to 44.19% (or 75.66% to 68.85% effective crit with flasks up). That much of a change is far more than offset by the huge damage multiplier given by Controlled Destruction (to the tune of 97.2k DPS per totem in that example). It's one of the most powerful spell multipliers even when we're going for a fair amount of crit.

thanks for helping him.
yeah there are 3 types of crit in the game. every active gem has a base crit. arc has 5% base crit. that means when you get 500% inc. critchance on the tree or items you will have 25% crichance with arc. cause 5*5%= 25%.
than there is crit multi, the base crit multi on all gems is 150%. that means if you crit you will deal 1.5 times your normal dmg. so getting 500% multi means you will deal 4x the normal dmg when you crit.
so with a critbuild you always want to get a good amount of inc. crit and crit. multi. to 1. crit and 2. do big dmg when you crit.
The wiki says "Totems allies are not considered to be minions...", so why are we grabbing so many nodes that increase minion damage on the skill tree?
"
Amsalji wrote:
The wiki says "Totems allies are not considered to be minions...", so why are we grabbing so many nodes that increase minion damage on the skill tree?

How about you go back to the beginning of the post and read the whole thing again where it says SPIRITUAL AID MAKES % MINION DAMAGE ALSO INCREASES OUR DMG (AKA TOTEM) SO % MINION DMG ON ANY GEAR WILL INCREASE OUR DMG!
"
Luckyyy7 wrote:
"
Amsalji wrote:

How about you go back to the beginning of the post and read the whole thing again where it says SPIRITUAL AID MAKES % MINION DAMAGE ALSO INCREASES OUR DMG (AKA TOTEM) SO % MINION DMG ON ANY GEAR WILL INCREASE OUR DMG!

I mean they cant even go back 1 page lol People are too fucking lazy
Hi! I picked Ritual of Awakening but I have only 3 totems. Can you explain me, guys, what am I doing wrong? How do I get 4 totems?
Did you read "Ritual of Awakening"? It does not give +1 totems anymore. You can get more totems with the new Multiple Totems Support or with the new Shield mod.
This might be a very stupid question but your title sats (All other spells) so i was wondering. How much do i need to change if i wanna go from arc totems to ice spear totems?
"
famulor wrote:
This might be a very stupid question but your title says (All other spells) so i was wondering. How much do i need to change if i wanna go from arc totems to ice spear totems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info