3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
For people looking to expand their gear, just picked up some totem damage rare boots for added ~20% dmg plus the hp/resists.. Just be careful not to put ranged attacks into the slot (CWDT in mine).

"
9876 wrote:
@Excruciatus i have first 3 labs done havent attempted uber yet, but i dont see a huge difference, i still rely heavy on my flasks, both hp and mana,

Not sure what your playstyle is like, but this is not a tank build. So if you are charging into the mobs without totems already down, there is going to be some pain.

What are your life/mp regen in stats? With 0 totems, I have 122 hp and 73 mp regen/sec, and 230 each with 4 down. And the regen rates are based off your max hp/mp, so having low of either will lower the possible regen rate. IE: No hp on boots or not picking up mana after MoM.

hp and ,mana are both 45 no totems, 172 hp 97 mana with 5 totems, i generally try get 1-3 totems in before going forward, but some hit me and chunk me...
current max hp/mana/es is
2535 hp
794 es
1k mana
havent got the currency to get boots same res and then have life ontop,
can view my gear, and see what has hp etc, just funds are scarce until i get more farming, shield is just a temp thing aswell until i get better wands, chest also temp until i get a good chest,
Last edited by 9876 on Sep 8, 2018, 10:22:40 PM
"
Bourgee wrote:
"
sutasafaia wrote:
Definitely having fun with the build so far. Only in A3 but it's been smooth sailing.

After messing around in the PoB for a bit I really think the Redemption node is a waste of two points. The dps increase is quite small compared to the utility you could get from other nodes, and some of them have higher dps as well. Maybe even Lord of the Dead doesn't seem to offer that much compared to some of the other options but since it's only a one point node it might not be worth removing, although it would let you grab Sanctity or Deep Wisdom as well.

Just to throw out some options in place of Redemption:

*Faith and Steel
*Both Sanctity and Deep Wisdom
*The jewel socket by Celestial Judgement if you have a good jewel
*Precision (which actually gives more dps than Redemption according to PoB)
*Celestial Punishment would make mapping even faster (not so great for most bosses though since shocking them is so much harder, also gives more dps than Redemption according to PoB but likely only during mapping)
*Elemental Ailments (more dps than Redemption again, also a nice defensive touch)

These are just suggestions, for all I know I'm missing something that makes Redemption the best of the pick. These were just from glancing around the PoB and playing with nodes. Feel free to bounce ideas off me, I'm having fun with this :P

yeah i am really sorry that i didn't change it yet. was really employed with streaming last few days. changed the pob. btw it's only a guide you can always change to whatever you prefer! a guide shouldn't be something you follow blind without using some own touch :) thanks for the kind words <3

No need to apologize at all, it's not like you are obligated to do anything. I was simply using the guide as a place to chat with people about potential upgrades for the build. I really never would have thought to use the minion nodes so this is a whole new way for me to play totems. So far loving it.

The options for those two skill points are hard to choose between honestly, there's quite a few good options, each for different reasons.
Last edited by sutasafaia on Sep 8, 2018, 11:04:37 PM
"
9876 wrote:
1k mana
havent got the currency to get boots same res and then have life ontop,
can view my gear, and see what has hp etc, just funds are scarce until i get more farming, shield is just a temp thing aswell until i get better wands, chest also temp until i get a good chest,

The regen is about right then for your stats. I'm at 4k hp and 2k mana, thus higher %'s. Sounds about right to me in terms of taking a lot of damage. I've been bombarded a few times and this build lacks the defensive stats to survive repeat damage in a short span. Until you get more HP/damage, you'll have to play a bit more safely. Here are some general suggestions:

1. Replace gloves with Fingerless Silk Gloves with HP/resists.
2. Upgrade ring to add spell damage if possible with crit/HP if you want to and maybe craft a resist if needed.
3. HP on boots for reminder. By adding rare gloves and craft on ring, it should make HP boots easier.
4. You have no bleed removal on flasks. Change Sulphur to either Onslaught or a defensive flask until you can swap to Onslaught. The extra speed and cast helps clear speed and maneuvering.
5. No Jewel in slot above Lord of the Dead. An abyss jewel with 2 dmg to spells and HP usually run like 1-2 chaos. Remove Lord of the Dead, just 15% dmg for 1 point is not great. Can remove it in a few levels to start working towards Written in Blood for HP.
6. I would use Increased Crit Strikes or Elemental Focus (no shock) over Fast Casting. If you do enough damage, extra casts should only be needed on some rares and bosses. Hell, I've 1-shot rares on t10+'s a few times. Best defensive is good offensive, blah blah..
7. Obvious levels will add more HP. If you're doing higher tiers, try speed farming lower tiers that you easily clear for safer XP. Many seasons ago, I had a build that couldn't do t1 maps so had to farm currency on the map towards the final story boss to get currency to upgrade.

And on the note of the chest.. nothing wrong with using Soul Mantle, but keep in mind that a bunch of stacked curses while you don't have immune flask up.. you're going to have a bad time. You may even try bleed flask on HP or MP and the flask to replace Sulphur with Curse Immune as well for back-up. The right combo of curses + normal hit can easily turn fatal.
This is a really fun and strong build. Clear speed is quite good for totems.

I played around with fossils and crafted this jewel

"
Ulghan wrote:
This is a really fun and strong build. Clear speed is quite good for totems.

I played around with fossils and crafted this jewel

Damn that's sexy for this build.
I wonder, would be Tukohamas an addition or not? Wouldn't be possible to use Clear Mind, but it would be a totem more and 40% more damage, would bring it to a total of 6 Totems.

What do you think?
"
Jadefalkner wrote:
I wonder, would be Tukohamas an addition or not? Wouldn't be possible to use Clear Mind, but it would be a totem more and 40% more damage, would bring it to a total of 6 Totems.

What do you think?

I believe it is an overall damage increase for bosses and Delve events when you can actually utilize all of your totems.

Clear speed decrease, unless well geared, since each totem would do a bit less. Clear Mind is slightly insignificant since it can be replaced with close to equivalent damage jewel. But that is a big chunk of spell damage, crit chance, light to spells, etc mods possible on 2nd wand.

Also, you would lose Mind Over Matter, so lose a giant reason for our survivability. Now that I think about it, this alone is the reason I would never take it.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

I believe it is an overall damage increase for bosses and Delve events when you can actually utilize all of your totems.

Clear speed decrease, unless well geared, since each totem would do a bit less. Clear Mind is slightly insignificant since it can be replaced with close to equivalent damage jewel. But that is a big chunk of spell damage, crit chance, light to spells, etc mods possible on 2nd wand.

Also, you would lose Mind Over Matter, so lose a giant reason for our survivability. Now that I think about it, this alone is the reason I would never take it.

well... MoM is sadly true, but then you could reallocate at least 5 nodes from the tree and put it into some life nodes... well, i have to think about it
so what kind of stat you guys looking for on a wand?
"
Deadbringer wrote:
so what kind of stat you guys looking for on a wand?

Spell Damage
Flat lightning damage
% Increased lightning damage
Global crit chance
Crit strike for spells
Cast speed
EDIT: crit multi also, left out as an oversight.

That's the general order priority. I'm sure someone will be along soon to correct me. Can't let someone be wrong on the internet. ;-)
"Learn well the lessons that Wraeclast will teach you, Witch. It is your only hope of finding your way home."
Last edited by ThePogChamp on Sep 9, 2018, 2:31:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info