3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

I die constantly against high tier bosses, and syndicate. Atziri absolutely destroyed me as well. Scared to even try shaper/elder even.

Here are my items, I don't think they're so bad, and I'm not sure what upgrade path to go for now, except bone helmet.

4.7k HP, 2.9k Mana, 300 ES.

Anything that stands out to you?
Tom117:

Seeing your quip (it looks quite similar to mine) and stats you should be able to do maps/atziri/syndicate very easily -> this build nevertheless that this league we have all even higher HP/MANA than in previous ones is still glass cannon so it is about dodging, moving and anticipating the damage

elder (even red one)/shaper is fairly easy (all depends on damage you can do - but i assume you have good damage) - uber elder / high level Catrina is already more about fight knowledge and good movement and DPS (quicker you take both bosses down less chances to stupidly die somewhere)

for uber elder if you are dying already now i think you have not enough damage

PS: I use 2 life flasks and for some bosses even 3-4(one hybrid) -> other option is to go full glass cannon style with diamond flash and some others which add dmg though for longer fights if you are with someone in party and cant ditch enough damage quick enough

PS: you can be still one shot by any of these bosses even syndicate ones - it is still (even if we have almost all 4k-5k + hp this league) glass cannon with nice damage (with soul mantle insane damage)

PS: do only boss i really hate is Minotaur and high level Catarina (that fight i seriously dislike in general) + Uber Elder but there it is a lot as well about myself and not the build itself

PS: uber atziri i have to try yet
PS2: definitively change your belt you are losing a lot of easy / cheap damage there not using stygian belt
Last edited by tspcz on Jan 13, 2019, 8:04:51 PM
Thanks. Def going to check the belt out, swapped in a bone helmet too, and dmg is feeling nice already. Uber Atziri absolutely pushed my shit in, and I've had unpleasant experiences with the Minotaur fellow as well. I haven't played in a long time though, my pathing/dodging could certainly use some work.
hey, I just started this league so sorry if im a noob but how do you guys choose which skills to allocate? With only 8 slots, I don't know where to put vaal grace. I already have golem on mouse 1 so IDK what to do. Should I just take off phase run? do I cast wrath when I start playing then switch until I log off? Thanks
"
EliMcFly wrote:
hey, I just started this league so sorry if im a noob but how do you guys choose which skills to allocate? With only 8 slots, I don't know where to put vaal grace. I already have golem on mouse 1 so IDK what to do. Should I just take off phase run? do I cast wrath when I start playing then switch until I log off? Thanks

On my setup;
LMB= move
MMB= Wrath/Golem (Just change skill after casting since they are "passive", they still remain active even after they got unallocated. I just let Golem in MMB in case I need to recast)
RMB= Flame dash
Q= Phase run
W= Conductivity
E= Totem
R= Vaal Haste
T= Portal

You can allocate any skill to your "T" & put portal to alternate weapon if you're not lazy like me. Just press "X" first then cast portal.

Of course you can mix which skill you allocate. Mine is just a sample.

Edit: Replace my Vaal Grace with another phase run link to CWDT. So I can allocate Portal to "T" key.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Last edited by boyandroid on Jan 14, 2019, 8:04:44 AM
Does cast speed on gear and in the skill tree (non-totem) affect totems? For example, I recently made this wand, which is better than Void Battery or Shimmeron for my build (CI/Reflection variant):

However, if I remake the same wand on a Profane base (14% cast speed implicit), I actually get a DPS increase in PoB. Similarly, if I replace damage pen with master crafted cast speed, I get even more DPS. Just seeing whether or not I should annul suffixes and meta craft this:

I had read somewhere before that cast speed doesn't affect totems, only "totem cast speed." But PoB isn't usually wrong, so I'm just confirming here :P I checked that these were both better than the Sambar Scepter and crit Dagger bases.

Thanks!
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
Last edited by cloudblade70 on Jan 14, 2019, 11:45:27 AM
yes cast speed in general (does not matter if totem one or not) does affect our DPS
"
boyandroid wrote:
"
EliMcFly wrote:

On my setup;
LMB= move
MMB= Wrath/Golem (Just change skill after casting since they are "passive", they still remain active even after they got unallocated. I just let Golem in MMB in case I need to recast)
RMB= Flame dash
Q= Phase run
W= Conductivity
E= Totem
R= Vaal Haste
T= Portal

You can allocate any skill to your "T" & put portal to alternate weapon if you're not lazy like me. Just press "X" first then cast portal.

Of course you can mix which skill you allocate. Mine is just a sample.

Edit: Replace my Vaal Grace with another phase run link to CWDT. So I can allocate Portal to "T" key.

thats actually 200 iq thanks so much

Hey, can you guys help me with upgrading my current gear? I have no idea what to look for.
Last edited by Ziggoras on Jan 15, 2019, 1:37:12 PM

I dont know what to upgrade next i'd apreciate some help on it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info