[3.4] Pathfinder Caustic Arrow + new Heralds Looking for feedback

is there a reason why nobody goes crit? is it too hard to get or just not good enough? because a crit would increase the explosion dmg and put a big poison stack on the enemy, which then prolifs to the others with the ascendancy.
Last edited by Hekenkrautz on Aug 29, 2018, 6:38:01 PM
Investing in crit will lose investment into the DoT, which people are focusing on.
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
Investing in crit will lose investment into the DoT, which people are focusing on.

Why are (most, as it seems) people focusing on the DoT part instead of the explosion/hit part? Not enough damage/easier to scale/better synergies/cheaper?
"
Vanrake wrote:
"
deadmeat9 wrote:

Why are (most, as it seems) people focusing on the DoT part instead of the explosion/hit part? Not enough damage/easier to scale/better synergies/cheaper?

Right now there is no experience in the area damage part, so atleast i absolutely don´t know how good it will be. But the dot part is already known an just buffed by alot. And, the gear for it is a lot cheaper. So i think thats the reason for most people focusing on the dot part, especially as league starter.
Last edited by Rake7 on Aug 29, 2018, 8:53:42 PM
Immune to elemental ailments is too good to pass up.
I thought the same about getting adrenaline in the past but up to you really. Do you want to stay alive or go fast? pushing delve you wont be able to go fast.
Has anyone thought about using a Ranged Attack Totem to maintain the virulance stacks?
Then you could do something like:

RAT - Toxic Rain/Scourge Arrow - GMP - Poison support

This should keep you at full stacks rather consistently, I would think. Then you could just concentrate on scaling maximum DOT using CA.

Edit: Nevermind, I don't think your totems will give you virulence stacks so scratch that.
Last edited by thrackstar on Aug 30, 2018, 2:49:12 AM
"
Markuchi wrote:
Immune to elemental ailments is too good to pass up.
I thought the same about getting adrenaline in the past but up to you really. Do you want to stay alive or go fast? pushing delve you wont be able to go fast.

^^ this. I believe that one of the biggest perks of PF is being immune (not caring) about frezes, burns and shocks. Speed is useful until a certain point. Nothing is more annoying than cold dmg mobs.
"
Breakleg wrote:
https://pastebin.com/uWUw6uGu my version.

-Built around DoT and not the hit.

-Literally nothing except bow and quiver all attainable.

-More than 200% life

-Should get a major buff when the new caustic arrow + Herald is released

To put the damage in perspective 50k DoT dps can clear T16 easy. This build has 70k DoT dps before the new buffs coming in.

i am having an SSL connection problem on Pob which i cant solve.could u maybe share ur tree with poe planner or other way ? (or can someone else do it?)thanks.
https://pastebin.com/JdrDxFfr
Take a look at my tanky version of Pathfinder CA, made for Hardcore (230% life + decent amount of leech).
Focusing on the phys dmg for explosions + degen due to ground effect and poison.
Gear wise im probably going for snakebite so i can drop the poison support gem and pretty much gain a 7th link.
Looking forward to hear your feedback.
Last edited by lolindor on Aug 30, 2018, 4:44:28 AM
I thought about going DoT scaling + HoA and then quill rain + thiefs torment. Should be able to push the damage in the early/mid game i think.

Seems pretty solid, but maybe im missing something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info