Changes to Zana and the Atlas

"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
"
jables wrote:
Fine with strongholds being in yellow maps.. Red maps? no.. It is hard enough to get red maps to drop for just completion, but now we have to complete 4 strongholds on red maps just for randomly spawned strongholds? screw that.
Unless they change how maps drop, this only benefits the top 1% who can get all the red maps to drop. I never have completed every non unique map on the dam atlas so this is going to be impossible.

Top 1% of players only able to get red maps done? I seriously doubt this made-up statistic.
In my first league of playing PoE, I've closed all red maps with ease within like a month. I don't understand the issue - if you get the same red maps to drop, go to /trade 820, type WTT your map, your map, your map FOR X map Y map Z map. You can also use Horizon Orbs if you feel lucky.

If your concern is 'but man red maps just don't drop!', then this is simply false. I've done a shaped atlas strategy, and over-sustained maps to the point of selling T16s on a regular basis, and that was done with a lower atlas % bonus than you would have if you were trying to close all red maps, which is what will probably be the new thing - or at least initially to get the 4 strongholds down. Those will be easy too, since I doubt they'd spawn on maps you haven't yet completed and are harder for you to drop.

Good for you. The furthest I have ever fully completed was tier 13, and that was with buying a ton of maps. I shouldn't need to buy maps to progress through the Atlas (especially red maps that cost a ton of chaos during the first few weeks.) I have never fully completed the atlas in any league due to this.
"Don't Tread on Me"
"
I need a manual to play this game.

You need a few links, a couple of additional software, and curiosity :)
Great. How about making the atlas a responsive map activation tool, of those we have in stash of course.
Zana and the atlas is hella annoying of late.

If I'm trying to get my map rotation started and all I've got are tier 1-3 maps I can grind them all day and get... nothing but the same tier 1-3 maps all damn day. No 4s or anything higher.
So, by the time I buy a few from Zana to get higher tiers the Elder influence is simply gone never to return or somesuch.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
What about the Elder Stronghold ?
I really don't like the "Completing this map will yield additional powerful items".

Powerful... yeah, right. What it actually will be is a greater pinata of yellow crap and perhaps some 1 alch uniques.

At least this is how I bet it will look, and I really hope I am wrong.
Great news,

Add map trading like we could see in Chinese client, that would be awesome
This should be harder then normal and when completed spread to every map linked to it instead of one

Also seems like there should be shaper mini bosses (say 3) that spawn somewhere with mobs of other shaper mobs

Farcry this game up!
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
"
Will we be able to get beastairy items from the stronghold?

Yeah, Bestiary is a past league, isn't it? :)

Yes. You will be able to drop lvl1 net from the Stronhold <3.
Sounds pretty cool :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info