[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

hey so im having alot of toruble with dying at the moment tier 9 maps, not being able to kill syndicates...cant clear temple...

pretty frustrated, can anyone help ?
"
autopops wrote:
hey so im having alot of toruble with dying at the moment tier 9 maps, not being able to kill syndicates...cant clear temple...

Two big problems I can see from your gems.

1. You don't have blasphemy linked to warlords mark. It's the only curse you need, no others. Once you do this you leech back all the mana you will ever need so you can drop the mana flask and all other mana stuff you have on gear (amulet, unique skill tree jewel and so on).

2. You have a cast when damage taken linked to immortal call. I don't use this for this build, you do not want this gem set up to take away your endurance charges.

Gear wise:

Change the amulet to a rare with stats that help the build, life, spell damage and resistances.

The belt. Get a stygian with similar stats to what you have and get a jewel in there, look at my profile if you are unsure of what to be aiming for.

Tree jewels. The Grim Portent jewel you have is fine, replace all jewels will similar. Flat fire to spells or flat to spells while holding a shield and then flat life.

Two characters on my account to look at for some guidance are Flame_On_Game_On and Cell_Immolation

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cellstorm/characters

I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
So with the Betrayal league and new skills that made their introduction I took this build and made a few little changes. Same tree, ascendancy and everything with a couple differences. Cast while channeling is Armageddon Brand instead of Volatile Dead and Flame Totem instead of Desecrate. It's super smooth and has great damage and I don't have to worry about the dex requirements other than Faster attacks for Leap Slam and Shield Charge.
Just a little question why are you using controlled destruction with elemental overload ? you get no crit with controlled ?

I have loved this build so far, but im having a little trouble now that ive come to mapping.
"
Xeelos wrote:
Just a little question why are you using controlled destruction with elemental overload ? you get no crit with controlled ?

I have loved this build so far, but im having a little trouble now that ive come to mapping.

100% reduced crit chance does not mean you can't crit. It's additive with other increases and reductions to crit chance. Basically it just cancels out 100% increased crit chance you've got elsewhere, and the massive damage boost is more than worth it.

Rule: "increased" or "reduced" means it's an additive modifier. "More" or "less" modifiers are multiplicative.

This 100% reduction can not take the gem crit chance below it's base crit chance.

Take incinerate for example, has 5% crit chance. EO lasts for 8 seconds. So if we hit 20 times in those 8 seconds we should in theory refresh EO before it expires. A cast rate of 0.4 or lower then gives us the 'more' damage bonus of Controlled Destruction and also the 'more' damage bonus of Elemental Overload.

My current character cast time on incinerate is 0.13 seconds, so I keep EO up for the whole map pretty much.

Have a look at your buff icons in the top left of your screen and see if you have it up most of the time as EO has it's own icon that you can learn to recognise.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
Last edited by Cellstorm on Dec 25, 2018, 12:12:07 AM
Hi Cellstorm,

I'm realy enyoing this build so far, one of the most fun builds in my 2.5k POE hours logged.

But i have a question in case i miss something. I dont see how i can do curse immune/cannot leech maps or for example the Plateau bosses. is there an Option to gain mana/life on hit or something?

Also what stats would be good to increase my damage trough jewelry? Didnt found much options except craft some fire/increased damage. Atm i only use jews to increase life/res/stats. would like to get something more out of it.

Cellstorm,

Incinerate CWC Volatile Dead is what finally pushed me to play this game instead of going back to boring D3 for the 20th time.

I have incorporated a lazy aspect into your build to fit my playstyle... I just hope i'm not losing out on too much damage and wanted to get your opinion.

My main 6L is Incinerate, CWC, GMP, Volatile Dead, Unearth, and the last spot i'm having a hard time choosing between Controlled Destruction, Combustion Support, and Concentrated effect(which im leaning toward for the largest DPS increase). Not sure if it's working the way I want but I am using CWDT, Firestorm, Combustion support on my weapon so I can still ignite enemies and get that bonus - fire resistance. If this isnt working how I think please correct me.

I know this isnt as optimal as your build, I just dont really enjoy having to manually cast desecrate vs bosses and the extra bodies and volatile dead balls in general is never a bad thing.

I saw a couple posts up you said you don't like the CWDT Immortal Call setup but I have to say, this build generates endurance charges at hyperspeed and even when it procs I find myself max'd on charges a couple seconds later.

I havnt been able to find a decent shield and all the ones with decent starts are 1+ E which im still saving for so i'm using 2 maces at the moment and just using lightning warp for the time being. I know this setup will hurt me later down the road though but it does feel nice as someone who played a lot of d2!

Tried flame golem and it has been great though and really enjoy that passive damage!

Once again, im new and a lower lever so still trying to figure things out. Trying not to mess anything up too badly, hope you can take a quick look and see if im headed in the right direction. I do feel a little squishy as Im just getting started on maps and have died 1-2 times.
Last edited by Brulander on Dec 25, 2018, 9:44:56 PM
Hey there,

I love builds that dont fit the current "meta" and came across this. Was wondering if you had a "GG endgame ideal gear" PoB?

My budget is pretty good as I spammed the hell out of U-Labs in Trade league.

Id like to try and take this to Uber Elder with a couple small gem swaps.
Last edited by jtekco on Dec 26, 2018, 1:55:04 PM
"
Cellstorm wrote:
"
autopops wrote:

Two big problems I can see from your gems.

1. You don't have blasphemy linked to warlords mark. It's the only curse you need, no others. Once you do this you leech back all the mana you will ever need so you can drop the mana flask and all other mana stuff you have on gear (amulet, unique skill tree jewel and so on).

2. You have a cast when damage taken linked to immortal call. I don't use this for this build, you do not want this gem set up to take away your endurance charges.

Gear wise:

Change the amulet to a rare with stats that help the build, life, spell damage and resistances.

The belt. Get a stygian with similar stats to what you have and get a jewel in there, look at my profile if you are unsure of what to be aiming for.

Tree jewels. The Grim Portent jewel you have is fine, replace all jewels will similar. Flat fire to spells or flat to spells while holding a shield and then flat life.

Two characters on my account to look at for some guidance are Flame_On_Game_On and Cell_Immolation

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cellstorm/characters

thanks bud everything dreamy now ive made some alterations!
I noticed on your Betrayal character you have armageddon brand in your sceptre this league. Are you doing something with this brand this league or is this just something you are leveling currently?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info