Herald of Purity support gems

"
SleepyXtreme wrote:
Well I’m thinking of 6L dominating blow in gloves (maybe with faster attacks/chance to bleed?) with dual scourges as my main damage dealer then 6L herald of purity with The Coming Calamity armor.

Then to make sure I kill vs the minions, i’ll having culling strike incorporated somewhere.

Sounds like a solid plan if the skills and reworks are good.

I am myself planning on relying on bow poison to kill and the herald for beefy 'free' minions.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
There is always The Coming Calamity if you want to invest heavily into a herald and not have to worry about mana reservation.

I am still not sure how viable this will be as a main skill. Keep in mind that it requires you to kill things yourself to spawn the minions. Kills by your minions (even the Purity minions) do not count. Aside from shenanigans with Writhing Jar and such, you will want a formidable main attack skill to spawn them anyway. And if they end up being too powerful, they start stealing your kills and prevent you from spawning more.

Maybe the skill would be better if it worked like Dominating Blow, in that it places a debuff on the enemy, and if the enemy dies from any cause while affected by the debuff it spawns the minion. But then it might end up being too powerful for pure minion builds. I don't know, I'm not a game designer.

In the end it might be better to just focus on the added physical damage, run a standard attack skill build, and only keep the minions around as bonus fodder. We will have to see how strong the minions themselves are. Tossing in a Maim support might not be that bad, for only 3% extra reserved mana. Or Chance to Bleed, and combine with Bloodlust in your main attack link.

As I recall, minion dot kill count us yours, you can use vanguard or poison to increase your kill.
or use speaker's Wreath, to force monsters to live for you to kill.
Or you can always use worm jar.
will this herald work with totems?
"
zoomshot wrote:
will this herald work with totems?

Which part? "Does X work with Y" is an extremely broad question that could have many different answers depending on which specific interaction are you asking about. It will work in some way - it will presumably not crash the game or anything like that. It might or might not work in the way you are expecting. Please say what is it that you're trying to do and what you expect to happen.

You can not support a Herald skill with Spell Totem. (Even if you could, nothing interesting would happen, as a Herald Totem has no way to kill anything to trigger the effect of the Herald.)

Your skills used by a totem will get the added physical damage. Totems use your skills affected by all of your relevant modifiers.

Kills made by a totem will not summon Sentinels. The summoning part requires you to have the buff from the herald; only you have the buff, your totems don't.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 30, 2018, 9:50:31 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

Kills made by a totem will not summon Sentinels.

this was my main concern, thanks
With respect to a necromancer build, does Herald of Purity add physical damage to the attacks & spells of my other minions (zombies, skeletons, spectres, etc.) or only to my attacks?
"
Vince1961 wrote:
With respect to a necromancer build, does Herald of Purity add physical damage to the attacks & spells of my other minions (zombies, skeletons, spectres, etc.) or only to my attacks?

The only modifiers that apply to your minions are those that explicitly state "minions" (or "allies") in their description, and support gems linked to the minion summoning gem.

If you are asking about the minion damage and life from the herald, those are local to the skill and only apply to the summoned Sentinels of Purity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info