[3.5] The Soviet Golemancer! BV for dmg, 8 Golems for Defenses! Still good :)

You have very few jewel slots in your tree and no Clayshapers, so I'm assuming that BV will be your main source of damage and golems will be there only to provide buffs and a bit of supplementary DPS for mapping. In that case, wouldn't it be better to just drop most of the Primordial jewels and run the golems via self-cast or CWDT?

You'd lose:
40% increased damage (Elemancer with 2 fewer golems)

You'd keep:
All 5 different golem buffs (3 from P.Chain, 2 from Ascendancy passives)

You'd gain:
~30% increased damage, life, and/or ES per jewel slot
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 21, 2018, 9:28:28 AM
"
tomatopotato wrote:
You have very few jewel slots in your tree and no Clayshapers, so I'm assuming that BV will be your main source of damage and golems will be there only to provide buffs and a bit of supplementary DPS for mapping. In that case, wouldn't it be better to just drop most of the Primordial jewels and run the golems via self-cast or CWDT?

You'd lose:
40% increased damage (Elemancer with 2 fewer golems)

You'd keep:
All 5 different golem buffs (3 from P.Chain, 2 from Ascendancy passives)

You'd gain:
~30% increased damage, life, and/or ES per jewel slot

Yea, I could do that. I just really wanted to try something different instead of the typical min/maxed BV Elementalist. I want to see how having 5 Flame/Stone Golems with 25% chance to taunt on hit acts as a defensive mechanism... All while still having a Lightning and Ice Golem for the immunities and buffs. I feel BV has plenty of damage, and that I can use the skill points on primordial jewels instead of damage nodes.
"
"
Rtimusexile wrote:
Starting a league with Golems, is just not good in general. Unless you don't care about having an optimum build for quite some time.

Yea, but the Golems don't make or break the build, they're just one component to give us an extra layer of defenses. The only somewhat expensive items would be Anima and Might, and without them we still have 6 Golems which will allow the build to work just fine while we fill out our atlas.

Plus, Anima and Might have been really cheap the last couple of leagues, so if that trend continues then we benefit even more. The Primordial Chain is a lvl 34 and is so niche, it doesn't seem like it will be ridiculously rare or in high demand so that will hopefully also be very cheap.
True, plus the new neck will give us 3 extra with no points and no waiting also, it may or may not be expensive, we will see :)
Let's wait for tmr to see if BV can survive in 3.4 without being nerfed heavily because it is clearly op right now anyway.
"
mic01851165 wrote:
Let's wait for tmr to see if BV can survive in 3.4 without being nerfed heavily because it is clearly op right now anyway.

No Blade Vortex nerfs today :) Looks like we get to be OP for at least one more league!
Updated! Stats for Delve league day 2 posted! 240k boss dps on a 4 link :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info